Gun in Bar

Gun in Bar

This is a discussion on Gun in Bar within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Men arrested for pointing gun at bar and making threats Comments 39 | Recommend 2 September 21, 2009 10:29 PM By ILDEFONSO ORTIZ, The Brownsville ...

Thread: Gun in Bar

Gun in Bar

Men arrested for pointing gun at bar and making threats
    Comments 39 | Recommend 2
    September 21, 2009 10:29 PM
    By ILDEFONSO ORTIZ, The Brownsville Herald
    Brownsville police arrested two men accused of pointing a handgun and making terroristic threats at some bar personnel, officials said.

Daniel Ruiz, 22, was charged with four counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and one count of unlawfully carrying a weapon in a licensed premise, records show.

John Joe Atkinson, 24, was charged with four counts of making terroristic threats and two counts of assault class A and two counts of assault class C, police said.

On Saturday morning, both men went before a municipal judge; Ruiz’s bond was set at $50,000 and Atkinson’s bond was set at $35,000. Both remain at Carrizalez-Rucker Detention Center.

The arrest took place Saturday at 12:30 a.m. when Ruiz and Atkinson refused to leave Charlie’s Bar on 14

Atkinson began fighting with the two guards and when the two owners of the bar went to help, Ruiz pulled out a .22 caliber handgun and held all four at bay while Atkinson repeatedly said he was going to kill them, police said.

While Ruiz held the gun, one of the bar owners’ karate chopped his arm causing him to drop the gun, records show.

Without the gun, the two men fled the bar on foot and were caught by police nearby, records show.
    I'm pretty sure neither one had a permit and hope they enjoy their stay courtesy of the Texas penal system,Chuck Norris must of been there to karate chop him
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

He karate chopped his arm.
    “Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.”
    - Ronald Reagan

Who could forget the good ol karate chop. hia yha.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Who could forget the good ol karate chop. hia yha.
    That makes me think......
    do you suppose he yelled "hia yha"?
    Sarcasm - Just one of the many services I provide!
    Ever wonder why massacres never happen at a gun range??
    You might find me dead in a ditch one day, but I'll be in a pile of brass. - Stolen from Zebra64

Quote Originally Posted by ibesarcasm View Post
    That makes me think......
    do you suppose he yelled "hia yha"?
    only afterwards when the BG's were arrested and they were drinking a few brewskys saying hey billy show us that chop thing again
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

JD
    Administrator

The sad thing is...these guys will post a bond and disappear...until the next crime.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Fartknocker View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fartknocker View Post
    Your user name cracks me up.

These guys have a lot of guts until they lose control of the gun.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

The last time I saw a karate chop performed was on the old Hai Karate aftershave commercials.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

You know more & more I think about this..... when is the last time you saw owners and security in a bar & niether was drinking? LOL It may have been a little bit of liquid intestines........ Least thats what I would suspect in MY area.... Ie; small community full of bars.......
    Or maybe both were pretty drunk & weren't really paying attention........
    Either way, pretty risky if the perp had a finger on the trigger, could have been a discharge waiting to happen.......... I'd of felt better with my own weapon...
    Sarcasm - Just one of the many services I provide!
    Ever wonder why massacres never happen at a gun range??
    You might find me dead in a ditch one day, but I'll be in a pile of brass. - Stolen from Zebra64

Links