Bad: Couple Gunned Down at Dinner AZ

This is a discussion on Bad: Couple Gunned Down at Dinner AZ within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife and I both have CHL and carry all the time. We have talked about and practice being situational aware. We back each other ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad: Couple Gunned Down at Dinner AZ

My wife and I both have CHL and carry all the time. We have talked about and practice being situational aware. We back each other up when we are out and about. We have a code word so we can go on high alert. All that said it may not be enough for a situation like this. I would rather go down fighting or trying to fight than just go down.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Signs prohibiting firearms will have to be prominently posted to that effect near the entrance.
    Even if a business wants to put up a sign like that, it's rather disconcerting to the folks walking into their business. I doubt many businesses will put it up.

For the average person, to see a sign that prohibits firearms is worrisome. "Ummmm...why would anyone want to bring a firearm here? Is this a dangerous restaurant?" The business doesn't want to attract that type of suspicion, and would do well to not post any sign at all. The negatives far outweight the positives.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Concealed carry in places serving alcohol will become legal in AZ on Sept. 29. Signs prohibiting firearms will have to be prominently posted to that effect near the entrance.
    Yep.. And the signs have to be a special size and have special wording to be enforced,.. They can ask you to leave and you must at that point (if your made) but if your concealing properly that shouldn't ever be an issue.. I have the email on the sign spec's if anyone needs it,. But I'll have to get it from home..

Quote Originally Posted by Backroad View Post
    Just on the surface, this might have been perpetrated by someone who was dissatisfied with the drugs they bought.....

al
    And just how did you come up with this from the article???

"Surprise Police say a husband and wife had just finished eating and got into their car, when two Hispanic males approached their car."

Don't see ANYTHING about drugs???

Whenever one leaves any business, day or night, the head must be on a swivel. Walk with confidence, head up, and certainly ready for a point-shooting exercise.

I can't believe the number of individuals I see walking to their cars while on a cell phone...pure stupidity.

I watch everything in the parking lot, even the moving cars...you can't afford not to...
    This 'thug on victim crap' is not a game, and it's not something that only happens to someone else. Unless you have the schedule of when it's your turn...stay in yellow.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; September 27th, 2009 at 12:31 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Whenever one leaves any business, day or night, the head must be on a swivel. Walk with confidence, head up, and certainly ready for a point-shooting exercise.

I can't believe the number of individuals I seem walking to their cars while on a cell phone...pure stupidity.

I watch everything in the parking lot, even the moving cars...you can't afford not to...
    This 'thug on victim crap' is not a game, and it's not something that only happens to someone else. Unless you have the schedule of when it's your turn...stay in yellow.
    +1 What supt said.

There's more to this story. Did he know the attackers?
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Words of wisdom here.

When a predator selects the "wrong" victim, and the tables get turned, we call that, "An acute failure of the victim selection process."

Biker
    I just wish it happened more often.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
    And just how did you come up with this from the article???

"Surprise Police say a husband and wife had just finished eating and got into their car, when two Hispanic males approached their car."

Don't see ANYTHING about drugs???
    there is a lot of info i dont see in this report.lots has been left out.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Sad story. People [some on this forum] call me paranoid when going to a restaurant. I call it preparedness. I'd love to see the tables turned on these dirtbags more often. Perhaps we'd see fewer senseless shootings. Biker sasid it best: "An acute failure of the victim selection process."
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Cool

Yea, I live few miles south of there.More here then meets the eye.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    You can't compare yourself to that victim. It would be way out of context.

You are a ccw permit holder who practices good situational awareness and constantly strategize in order to overcome various scenarios.

The victim in this case... I will go out on a limb and say that he was not a ccw holder, and therefore, probably had the situational awareness of a sheep. Even if he saw it coming, I would venture to say that he had no plan to deal with it.

Remember, predators pick their victims very carefully. Like a lion looking for the antelope who has a limp or is off by itself, human predators utilize the same hunting behavior. They want a victim who will not fight back or offer resistance.

So, even if you don't see them, but they see you... they are observing that you are looking around, surveying the scene, walking to your car with a sense of purpose and are not distracted.

So, more then likely, you will never have to worry about becoming the victim in which this poor soul was.

This is why I worry about my 79yr old dad and 68 yr old mom.

these knuckledraggers prey on old folks in particular.

Example: In Harper Woods Mi. these two cretins carjacked and robbed an 80 something year old man , not once but twice!!!.
    They found the car in the D' and finally got these dregs of humanity, and they believe they were the ones responsible for more than 30 such acts of violence in that specific neighborhood.

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

B52
    Probably illegals, I can't wait to leave AZ and move to Alaska. It is ashame... this state is so pretty, but no borders and drug crime are destroying this country. I am glad we can carry now in alcohol severing restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    People [some on this forum] call me paranoid when going to a restaurant. I call it preparedness.

Biker [said] it best: "An acute failure of the victim selection process."
    The flip side is: "An acute failure of the inbound criminal identification process." May we all avoid that "illness," as well.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links