Student kills Teacher

Student kills Teacher

This is a discussion on Student kills Teacher within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not with a gun, but with a knife. I think the point to be made with this --and for future reference-- School violence will not ...

Thread: Student kills Teacher

Student kills Teacher

Not with a gun, but with a knife.

I think the point to be made with this --and for future reference-- School violence will not just go away if they add laws upon laws against guns. We have a society problem, not a gun problem:

Teacher Stabbed to Death at John Tyler High School | momlogic.com

who thinks this story would have received more attention if it was gun related...

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I'm sure it would, you know how those evil guns teach people to kill?
    Now since it was just a knife, and we all know they are harmless, the focus of the story will be on the poor kid, and all of his childhood problems caused by society, that have nothing to do with bad parenting.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Until Texas changes its laws, the school districts really don't have a say in the matter.

Here are some links to other coverage of this story, with some video of the story. John Tyler is a much different school than it was 25 years ago when we used to swim against them.

Stabbing at John Tyler High School - CBS 19 - The Eye of East Texas News - 
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    And of course we all know the story might have ended more positively if the teacher had been allowed to be armed!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

The problem is that this may start a whole string of copy cat murders.
    God bless the teachers!!!!!

I thought I read in another report that the teacher was a special ed teacher. I was wondering if it was a special ed student? Did anyone else see that?

That could change the situation significantly. It's hard to imagine anyone drawing a gun on special ed student. It's also hard to know if the teacher had any warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    I'm sure it would, you know how those evil guns teach people to kill?
    Now since it was just a knife, and we all know they are harmless, the focus of the story will be on the poor kid, and all of his childhood problems caused by society, that have nothing to do with bad parenting.
    you forgot the video games and music that drove them to the edge....I'm sure it will turn around and be someone else's fault this kid is a wacko and his parents will say he was "closed off" and we "didn't know where to go or who to turn too"

Sad story :( Hopefully people will realize that a school is still a dangerous place even though it's filled with mostly "kids".
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

What I want to know is did the kid just flip and go from singing guitar strummed folk songs to being Michael Myers in an instant.
    Or did he actively act threatening at first followed by being able to catch and stab the teacher.

BTW if it weren't a knife then it would have been a screwdriver or I kid you not hammers, just as the kids in the UK are and have been doing for a over a decade now.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    And of course we all know the story might have ended more positively if the teacher had been allowed to be armed!
    Now we'll never know.. I prefer to have this role reversed,.. Arm teachers that will want to be armed and that are capable,.. then,... we'll know what the outcome will be for the teachers and kids if they wasn't armed.. This we see in the above posting... Just makes me mad to think about people having to be disarmed for any reason,... Fish in a bowl... :-(

Evil is in the heart of the individual not in the weapon used to commit the act. The same weapon used to protect life and property by say a LEO could be taken by someone else and used to murder and rob, the weapon is just a tool. I just wonder if this student was on medication for behavioral problems.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    What Thumper said.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Links