4 NJ SWAT officers shot in raid

This is a discussion on 4 NJ SWAT officers shot in raid within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; LAKEWOOD, N.J. A gunman opened fire early Thursday on a SWAT team that burst into a home during a drug and gun raid, wounding ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 NJ SWAT officers shot in raid

LAKEWOOD, N.J. A gunman opened fire early Thursday on a SWAT team that burst into a home during a drug and gun raid, wounding four officers while spraying bullets from atop a staircase, authorities said. One officer was critically wounded.
    FULL STORY
    The Associated Press: 4 SWAT team officers shot in raid on NJ shore home

Sure is a good thing they have all those anti-gun laws in NJ.

BAC
    "He was charged with four counts of attempted murder, as well illegal weapons possession and receiving stolen property. The .357 Magnum used to shoot the officers was reported stolen from South Carolina, Ford said."

Fatal funnel...?

Best wishes for speedy recovery for the four officers.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

God I hate to take a scumbags side but if somebody busts in my door at 2:30 in the morning I am going to be shooting also.Seems to me you would have to prove that he knew they were cops with a valid warrant before you could charge or at least convict for attempted murder.

Yep, 'fatal funnel' in deed.

Stairs, and halls, and other column type structures/pathways/areas of travel are notoriously and historically dangerous to enter into...And easy to defend.

The Spartans knew this and many others have learned as much since.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

What IF and I mean IF the officers had gone to the wrong home and invaded at 2:30am. The home owner responds with deadly force and the same type results were observed? It seem there should be a better tactic than just kicking down the door in the middle of the night. It was the right door in this case and it still cost great damage. (This is not Iraq and we are under occupation, but under the Constitution and Bill of Rights and Rule Of Law in this country.) God Bless the LEO who were hurt and may we see a change in tactics before it my door or your that is broken in the middle of the night.

Searcher that exact scenario has occurred a number of times, including that of the homeowner returning fire.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

They just arrested a gang of Pseudocops down here,BG's posing as FBI and kicking doors,somebody kicks my door in and I'm shooting unless they pull up with fully marked cars and use a PA to call me out,just cause they got DEA or FBI or ICE emblems names on clothing doesn't mean squat and the LEO's may need to change tactics before More Innocent people either get duped by BG's or shot by real cops.I hate when cops get shot by BG's hope they throw him under the prison,If your breaking the law I would assume you would be expecting a visit from LEO,I'm not a law breaker
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

In North Carolina, lethal force is legal to use to prevent the felonious entry into your home. EXCEPT, if the people entering the home are LEO, regardless of whether you know that or not.

If that ever happens to me, and I am fortunate enough to live through it, I guess I will have to stand trial, because ANYONE crashing through my front door at 2:30 in the morning is going to be met with a hail of lead.

As another post said, there is no reason for the police to be getting a warrant for my house, much less a no-knock warrant.

VIP Member
    These cops need to stop watching TV. Maybe a stake out and wait till the bad guy comes out or the PA system. The house is surrounded come out Please.

Good old AP. "Spraying" bullets from a .357, eh? What is that, a full auto revolver with a 300 round magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    These cops need to stop watching TV. Maybe a stake out and wait till the bad guy comes out or the PA system. The house is surrounded come out Please.
    ...or we drop a 500# bomb on the dwelling...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

BAC
    Hey, it worked for the Israelis.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Remember the incident in California in the 1970's where cops were shooting at bank robbers holed up in a stairwell and were shooting at them with a M2 50 BMG,the bullets were ricocheting off the fire door to the stairwell and caused collateral damage before they decided that was a really bad idea
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Good old AP. "Spraying" bullets from a .357, eh? What is that, a full auto revolver with a 300 round magazine?
    Well put! Well put indeed!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links