Customer tackles bank robber.

This is a discussion on Customer tackles bank robber. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Janq Honest truth? Let him rob the bank, score the coin as fully insured by the FDIC...and myself remain to the back ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Customer tackles bank robber.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Honest truth?

Let him rob the bank, score the coin as fully insured by the FDIC...and myself remain to the back observing at distance not giving away my tactical advantage of him not being aware of my presence.

I though would have been armed, as in this case.

I would not go tackling any person.
    Instead I'd have walked up behind this person and hit him over the head with the heaviest most dense thing I could find at hand. If nothing dense were at hand I'd then,as being this gentleman,made the choice to punch him flat fisted with as much force as I could muster into the back of the neck just below the base of the skull, as a 'Rabbit Punch'. With that it's instant stun TKO if not altogether lights out.
    Assuming of course he'd let me get that close without hearing my movement or sensing my presence.

Dude got lucky with the tackle maneuver.
    Lucky that the guy did not have a weapon such as a firearm or _blade_ concealed on his person at if not in hand.
    All this guy could see was his back, not his front nor his hands.

Lucky.

- Janq
    Yup, dumb move, he is very lucky things turned out the way they did. A banks federally insured money is not my concern, and just because I have an iron weight on my right hip does not make me a football player or a police officer.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by kellyII View Post
    I for one would have a hard time just walking out of the bank while its being robbed. I just couldnt handle the thought that I left and innocent people were shot or killed.

Maybe thats just my mindset, but I would do what I could to ensure the safety of others.

This may not seem like the best answer but that the mindset that I have....
    I agree with you. Cannot say how I would have reacted, but would be hard not to do something.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Steps in the stripping of State's Rights/Sovereignty
    1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

Originally Posted by kellyII
    I for one would have a hard time just walking out of the bank while its being robbed. I just couldnt handle the thought that I left and innocent people were shot or killed

Maybe thats just my mindset, but I would do what I could to ensure the safety of others.

This may not seem like the best answer but that the mindset that I have....
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeytown View Post
    I agree with you. Cannot say how I would have reacted, but would be hard not to do something.
    I HATE the thought of BGs getting away with crimes. I can't stand the thought of them sitting at home smiling counting their spoils or playing with their stolen items. I work in Loss Prevention and I hate it when they get away. My Apartment was robbed, and it still bugs me that someone's playing with my Xbox 360 and using my girlfriend's laptop.

It isn't about playing cop or being a hero for me. Its about ruining that piece of crap's day.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Honest truth? Let him rob the bank, score the coin as fully insured by the FDIC...and myself remain to the back observing at distance not giving away my tactical advantage of him not being aware of my presence.
    Of course it is we the bank customers and taxpayers that ultimately pick up the tab for FDIC.

Honest truth? I would hope that all able-bodied men would step forward and be a hero like the 54 old customer did. Of course we will never know who the heros are until actually put to the real life test.
    Live every day so that you can, with a clear conscience, look all men in their eyes and tell them to go to hell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links