AD at a Gun Show? - Page 2

AD at a Gun Show?

This is a discussion on AD at a Gun Show? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by hogdaddy Bad Deal He's lucky no charges are pending JMO H/D I believe a reckless endangerment or something similar charge was mentioned ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TOF
    Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    Bad Deal He's lucky no charges are pending JMO H/D
    I believe a reckless endangerment or something similar charge was mentioned on the tele.

They also indicated the dealer has been banned for life from Crossroads of the West Gun shows.

This was not an AD it was an ND on the part of the dealer and the lady that fired the gun.

It should not have been loaded and the lady should have kept her finger off the trigger.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

Absolutely ridiculous! We were at that show but were lucky enough to have left before this happened. I'm starting to think gun shows are the wrong place to be. They make you unload your gun before entering, I always find better prices at my local shops and ammo is cheaper online. Gunshow =

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    It was a dealers gun, Everybody there is a dealer if they buy a table. He in not a gun shop or a FFL holder, but he was a regular at the gun shows. But not anymore. He is banned for life!!!

I talked to a few friends there and they said it was his personal firearm in a box with other guns and a someone was looking through the box and grabbed that gun and it went off.

Article says the vendor was "banned for life" from the event. Rightfully so.

Article also says that the bullet grazed a lady's neck. If this is incorrect as gasmitty says, it needs to be changed in the article.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Was the OC one another vender's gun or a customer's?
    You mean CO.....?

It was a vendor.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-gun-show.html
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I've said it before and I'll say it again ... This is why I wont go to gun shows. Too many idiots that I dont have control of. None of you will ever see me at a gun show.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

When I was living in Mobile Alabama, myself and a buddy from work were at a large gun show when this very thing happened. We were walking along and the was a gun shot from not too far away from us. I hit the deck right away, then when no other shots rang out, I looked up into the face of another guy who hit the deck, we were facing each other. But, we were the only two! And we both had on hat proclaiming us as Veterans. Me from the Persian Gulf War and his said Vietnam. Everyone else, including my buddy were standing there with bewildered looks on their faces looking in the direction of the gun shot. (once again proving it is pretty easy under the right circumstances to see who's been shot at before )

The shot was from a gun that some wingnut had brought in to sell and didn't unload. How he got it by the folks at the door who were supposed to be checking that kind of thing is beyond me.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    Yep Tpyo

Thanks.

All the excuses for no CC at a gun show (and in gun shops) ignore that most of the AD/ND/UDs I have read about involve vendors' weapons, not customers.
    Last edited by DaveH; September 28th, 2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Typos
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links