Bad : Shooting Victim

Bad : Shooting Victim

This is a discussion on Bad : Shooting Victim within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police identify shooting victim Lori Wolfe/The Herald-Dispatch Huntington Police have responded to scene of a reported shooting Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2009, at 530 Roby Road ...

Thread: Bad : Shooting Victim

Thumbs down Bad : Shooting Victim

Police identify shooting victim

Lori Wolfe/The Herald-Dispatch

Huntington Police have responded to scene of a reported shooting Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2009, at 530 Roby Road in Huntington.
    September 30, 2009 @ 06:45 PM

CHRISTIAN ALEXANDERSEN

Herald-Dispatch.com

HUNTINGTON A Huntington man died following a shooting in the 1400 block of 28th Street near Roby Road in Huntington around 2:10 p.m. on Wednesday.

Police identified the victim as 26-year-old Toney H. Johnson.

The suspect, 22-year-old Huntington man Edward William Crawford, was arraigned Wednesday afternoon and charged with murder.

Crawford was arrested in the Fruth Pharmacy parking lot, located in the 1400 block of U.S. 60 East, in a blue sedan that witnesses told police was involved in the shooting minutes before. Huntington Police Chief Skip Holbrook said police recovered a handgun during the arrest.

Holbrook said the shooting occurred after an argument between people in two cars.

Several witnesses, who asked not to be identified out of fear of retribution, said they heard a gunshot and saw the victim running down 28th Street, cross a parking lot at the intersection and hide behind a truck in the parking lot on Roby Road.

Witnesses said the driver of the blue sedan chased the victim down to the intersection. He then got out and fired three shots from a hand gun, hitting the victim. The shooter got back into his vehicle and sped off on Roby Road toward U.S. 60, witnesses said.

Huntington Police were investigating the shooting and searching an area of about a quarter of a block at a parking lot adjacent to 530 Roby Road and a portion of 28th Street.

Holbrook said he was not able to discuss specifics about the shooting including the extent of the victims wounds, how many shots were fired and how the shooting began.
    Police identify shooting victim - The Herald Dispatch

I know the place where the shooting occured, it's in an area very close to where my grandparents used to live. Doesn't suprise me, that area has gotten infested with thugs. Sad.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Update

Man charged with murder - The Herald Dispatch

Cops caught the guy just after the shooting. Good job.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links