Bad LEO's

This is a discussion on Bad LEO's within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Read this and then post some comments...what do you think??? Simple Justice: The Look From The Rear...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bad LEO's

Bad LEO's

Read this and then post some comments...what do you think???

Simple Justice: The Look From The Rear

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Wow, that is messed up.

Administrator
    Bad scene all the way round.

Administrator
    Sounds to me that there was serious communication problems from the start.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    No, definitely not good but... it's going to happen when people are involved in extremely high stress situations like that. No matter how high the level of training, people will and do make very bad mistakes. Then they live the rest of their lives with that bad decision.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

If the whole of the story is true, looks like some folks need to loose their jobs and possibly spend some time in jail.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

DM2
    Wow!!!! Just WOW!!!! I don't know what to say except this story saddens me and makes me angry. It makes my blood turn to ice to think how far they would have gone had the 911 tapes not been recording. What has happened to honesty and integrity and respect for human life on this earth. We have to do better as human beings.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

DM2
    After I made my last post, I went back to the article to read some of the comments and found this:

Officer Cleared In Shooting - Phoenix News Story - KPHO Phoenix

Officer Cleared In Shooting
    Brian Lilly Acted Within Police Policy, Board Determines
    POSTED: 8:10 pm MST September 25, 2009
    UPDATED: 4:36 am MST September 26, 2009

PHOENIX -- A Phoenix police officer who mistakenly shot an armed homeowner during a search for an intruder has been cleared of wrongdoing by a committee that reviews officer-involved shootings.
    This week's ruling by the Phoenix Use of Force Board determined Officer Brian Lilly acted within police policy in the incident in which he fired six shots at the homeowner amid the confusion of a home invasion last September.
    The shooting hospitalized homeowner Tony Arambula, who earlier this year sought a $5.75 million settlement in the case.
    The 36-year-old Arambula says he was armed and holding a suspect at bay when he suffered gunshot wounds to his back and arm.
    Arambula claimed Lilly shot him twice as he lay bleeding on the floor of his living room with his wife and two young sons nearby.
    Lilly has been named in a lawsuit filed by Arambula last week in Maricopa County Superior Court.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by DM2 View Post
    After I made my last post, I went back to the article to read some of the comments and found this:

Officer Cleared In Shooting - Phoenix News Story - KPHO Phoenix

Officer Cleared In Shooting
    Brian Lilly Acted Within Police Policy, Board Determines
    POSTED: 8:10 pm MST September 25, 2009
    UPDATED: 4:36 am MST September 26, 2009

PHOENIX -- A Phoenix police officer who mistakenly shot an armed homeowner during a search for an intruder has been cleared of wrongdoing by a committee that reviews officer-involved shootings.
    This week's ruling by the Phoenix Use of Force Board determined Officer Brian Lilly acted within police policy in the incident in which he fired six shots at the homeowner amid the confusion of a home invasion last September.
    The shooting hospitalized homeowner Tony Arambula, who earlier this year sought a $5.75 million settlement in the case.
    The 36-year-old Arambula says he was armed and holding a suspect at bay when he suffered gunshot wounds to his back and arm.
    Arambula claimed Lilly shot him twice as he lay bleeding on the floor of his living room with his wife and two young sons nearby.
    Lilly has been named in a lawsuit filed by Arambula last week in Maricopa County Superior Court.
    He might be cleared in the shooting,but tampering with evidence,filing false police report etc.those cops are done,any good defense attorney can show they will lie and falsify evidence and any DA would never be able to trust them on the witness stand,I'd be surprised if they weren't fired or on Admin leave until the lawsuit is over and then fired
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Yeah he was cleared by an internal investigation in regards to the shooting itself; but I think there will be a DA looking into charges with regard to the cover-up, and the civil suit will be costly to the PD. Its safe to say several careers are over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Karter View Post
    Its safe to say several careers are over with.
    As they should be...
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

Careers are over and a new multimillionaire has been made.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    While the investigation board found it to be a good shoot. It only clears them of the shooting being a criminal act. The officers involved and the county will pay dearly for the attempted cover up.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Sounds to me that there was serious communication problems from the start.
    Sounds like to me , That they are CRIMINALS WITH A BADGE & THAT"S B/S
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

SIXTO, you can't say what happened after the man was shot was a communications problem.

Seems to me, in this case, you either stand with those involved with the cover up or you don't. No middle ground there. Can't really ride the fence in this case.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links