Drove by this Home Invasion Aftermath!

This is a discussion on Drove by this Home Invasion Aftermath! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; On my way to work this morning, drove right by this attempted home invasion; the homeowner did the gene pool a favor by getting rid ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

On my way to work this morning, drove right by this attempted home invasion; the homeowner did the gene pool a favor by getting rid of this scum! story follows here:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Sus...ter_crash.html
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

A man suspected of breaking into a Southeast Bexar County home early Thursday morning died after he was shot by the homeowner and crashed his vehicle while fleeing from the home, authorities said.

Authorities believe Cardell Deon Joseph, 24, of San Antonio, kicked in the back door of a home in the 11400 block of South Foster Road around 5 a.m., said Deputy Ino Badillo, spokesman for the sheriff's office.

A man who owns the home heard the ruckus, authorities said, and shot the suspected thief once in the ribcage with a semi-automatic weapon. Joseph ran out of the home without taking anything, Badillo said, and the homeowner called 911.

The suspect fled southwest in an SUV on South Foster Road, but lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a chain link fence. He then rolled several times before the SUV landed on its side in the front yard of a home in the 11800 block of South Foster Road, Badillo said.

A teenager who lives on the second floor of the home looked out of her window and saw Joseph get out of the vehicle and stumble around. She alerted her father, who approached the man and, believing he was drunk, sat him down in a chair on the home's front porch, authorities said.

Joseph said, “take me to the hospital,” to the homeowner, who then called 911, authorities said. Badillo said first responders arrived quickly at the home, located across the street from the Harmony Fire Department, and conducted cardiopulmonary resuscitation on the man. Authorities arrived and determined the man's clothing description and gunshot wound matched that of the suspected home invader. He was declared dead on the scene at 5:45 a.m., Badillo said.

It is unknown whether Joseph died from the gunshot or the crash.

Authorities are investigating whether or not Joseph matches the description in any other recent home invasions.
    Wow, good for the homeowner.

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    One less to be out there terrorizing the nieghborhood!!

Thank the Lord he didn't kill or injure anybody during his attemped get away!
    [One Nation Under God]

I drove by on this alternate route we all have to use here at the plant due to the construction of a new entrance to the plant on Hwy 181 south, and a new Power Plant being built on the site... my wife called me right before I turned onto Foster rd. saying she was watching it on the news. At the time, it was still dark (0620hrs) so the LEO cars and news truck made for quite a commotion. One of my co-workers is a VFD fireman who was on-call at the fire station right across the street from where the BG crashed into the fence; he told us the guy died a short time later, he believes the homeowners' round must have struck an artery due to the fact that the home he invaded was only about 5 houses or so down from where he crashed......If I learn more I will post it here.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I love how the article ends, "authorities are checking to make sure if he matches the description of any other home invasion."

not one word about if the home owner will be investigated or indicted. I LOVE Texas!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

All I can say is. Bye Cardell Joseph. You gave up your most precious possession by tryin to rob your fellow man of his! C ya Goofball.

One more down, countless others to go.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Proud to be Texas Born!

Our heritage is Guns, Cattle and Boot Scooting with the Women!

Kicking in a door where you don't belong will get you shot!

This BG must have been a slow learner.

Too bad he learned the hard way.

No time left for him to learn a new trade.

SAD!

NO Really. He could have grown up to be president had he just applied himself differently!

"It is unknown whether Joseph died from the gunshot or the crash."

Who cares?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    "It is unknown whether Joseph died from the gunshot or the crash."

Who cares?
    Leave it to Retsupt to put his finger on the IMPORTANT thing here!
    +1!
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Too bad he didn't finish expiring before ruining someone else's front lawn and leaving stains on their porch...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Ooops, wrong house numb skull.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

This just in - heard from my co-worker who made the call as a paramedic; the guy died from blood loss. LEOs said he probably started getting real dizzy and that is what caused the wreck, by the time he sat down in a chair and my co-worker got there, he had pretty much bled out and was dead. he was wearing a dark shirt, and at that time of the morning the homeowner could not see the bullet wound until the parmedics got there.

The homeowner said the guy was having problems enunciating words while they waited for the paramedics to arrive, so my co-worker thinks it was a lung shot that probably collapsed it......

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Acute failure of the Victim Selection process. Oops!
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

GG 1
    BG 0

sad someone dies but the bad guy got what he deserved.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Too bad he didn't finish expiring before ruining someone else's front lawn and leaving stains on their porch...

Boy this is a rough crowd; What no sympathy for the poor misguided youth whom society failed
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links