Fight leads to gunfire at Central Toledo bar (Merged)

This is a discussion on Fight leads to gunfire at Central Toledo bar (Merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A moron cluster....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fight leads to gunfire at Central Toledo bar (Merged)

A moron cluster.
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    need to have more legislation to re-emphasize no guns in bars in Ohio, the ones y'all have are not working, maybe flashing neon signs? (sarcasm off)
    WHAT? Are you really serious about this statement? "sarcasm off"

Let me say it one more time in case you just "glazed over it!"

!!!LAWS ARE FOR THE LAW ABIDING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeEric View Post

Settle down -- he obviously meant that he was being sarcastic when he said that more signs would help.

Anyway, it's obvious that signs wouldn't work -- the clear solution is to register those guns.

Quote Originally Posted by dnowell View Post
    Settle down -- he obviously meant that he was being sarcastic when he said that more signs would help.

Anyway, it's obvious that signs wouldn't work -- the clear solution is to register those guns.
    Thanks dnowell.....I spit my water out after reading this laughing. Yeah, my BP is a little up right now!!

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Every day across North America poor underprivileged kids are getting into shootouts and car chases with no formal training whatsoever. Hello, I'm Sally Struthers, and I want to tell you about what YOU can do to give kids like these the tactical skills they need to earn the street cred that will help them survive. For just pennies a day you can ensure that someone like young Jamal here will receive proper training in close quarters pistol defense along with evasive driving techniques for when The Man is closing in.

Please, give generously.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Does Ohio law exempt owners/employees? Not that they were, just askin'.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Does Ohio law exempt owners/employees? Not that they were, just askin'.
    I really don't know. I'm only versed in the the laws that pertain to myself.

VIP Member
    Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    need to have more legislation to re-emphasize no guns in bars in Ohio, the ones y'all have are not working, maybe flashing neon signs? (sarcasm off)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeEric View Post

ok, bro, count to ten, take deeps breaths, and lie down for a few moments, then come back to the computer, re-read my statement that says SARCASM OFF at the end

next step....read my sig line, better yet read my user profile
    this will cure your BP issue as well as any thoughts of me really thinking that more laws will do anything other than screw over the law-abiding in our country and will show you where I stand on this

Quote Originally Posted by dnowell View Post

.....yeah, what he said
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    Every day across North America poor underprivileged kids are getting into shootouts and car chases with no formal training whatsoever. Hello, I'm Sally Struthers, and I want to tell you about what YOU can do to give kids like these the tactical skills they need to earn the street cred that will help them survive. For just pennies a day you can ensure that someone like young Jamal here will receive proper training in close quarters pistol defense along with evasive driving techniques for when The Man is closing in.

Please, give generously.
    that made my morning
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Bars. Hard to be seated near an exit. Hard to be seated such that you can see most of the "incoming" threats prior to them becoming a threat. Hard to ensure you can quickly exit, given often poor lighting and severe crowding. They can also be a magnet for folks specifically looking for "action." The purpose is to drink, hopefully socializing in a civil manner, though not all folks agree to the terms (as this situation shows).

Not my thing, for these and other reasons.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

ok, bro, count to ten, take deeps breaths, and lie down for a few moments, then come back to the computer, re-read my statement that says SARCASM OFF at the end

next step....read my sig line, better yet read my user profile
    this will cure your BP issue as well as any thoughts of me really thinking that more laws will do anything other than screw over the law-abiding in our country and will show you where I stand on this

.....yeah, what he said
    I have sinced settled down. I really thought your sarcasm switch was off during that comment!

I will tell you, I was "stumping mad" and my wife says "you need to get off there if this is what it does to you." I said "no way babe..in fact, Im gonna give them money".

Its cool bro. I just was confused on the position of the switch.

note the horrible accuracy, lack of proper shooting, lack of tactics, at least the shooters inside the bar attempted to use cover (though not properly)
    Fox reporting this morning folks were trying to sell drugs and were told to leave so somebody had to pull their gat
    We need to contribute "just pennies a day" so the yound Jamals in the inner city can get the tactical training they need, as per Sally Struthers.

Now that I've said my sarcastic comment, I hope I don't get grilled for it. On a serious note, I can only hope that if I have to engage in a gunfight that the other participant(s) are as skillful as these. Don't underestimate your opponent though. You have to be good, and are responsible for every bullet fired. They only have to be lucky, and don't care about the bullet once it leaves the barrel.

Biker

Ok, Ok, Ok, you can stop jabbing your finger at Ohio....

Look, here is the deal. Ohioans are still in the "trenches" concerning ccw rights. When "right to carry" became law (under Gov. Taft) in 2003, it was the biggest piece of crap you could ever imagine. It contained a bunch of senseless restrictions and guidelines that you couldn't even dream up. But you know what?...we took it. We took it graciously because it was better then nothing.

Today (2009) I can proudly say that after HR 347 that removed allot of the BS restrictions, SB187 which is our "castle doctrine" and also gave us new ways to legally carry, and our reciprocity with West Virginia. Ohio is moving in the right direction...baby steps yes, but still moving forward.

Right now we have HB203 that is currently being reviewed. HB203 if passed, allows a CHL holder to enter a establishment that serves liquor. So yes, if you, as a CHL were in that bar in Toledo that night...you would have been able to defend yourself. This all is from the fine work of us CHL holders, OFCC, NRA, and most important, our Repub"s and Dem's that we elected into office.

We are not as good as FL, TX, and AZ yet...but we are working on it!

Are we "touchy" up here concerning legislation? Yup! I think we are being what we have been through. Always let us know which way your "switch" is.
    -e
    Last edited by BuckeyeEric; October 13th, 2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: mis spelled reciprocity

Since i'm from ohio I think I will chime in. Certain parts of ohio just plain suck. Youngstown comes to mind. As Eric states the ohio laws have been making progress.

Now with that said I'll put my flame suit on and make the following statement. I will support HB203 as long as the wording is not changed to make it acceptable to consume alcohol while armed.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by tapout1003 View Post
    I will support HB203 as long as the wording is not changed to make it acceptable to consume alcohol while armed.
    Hey Tapout,
    Your post came through on my blackberry, so I figured I would log on real quick.

Here is the breakdown on the bill according to OFCC:
    House Bill 203
    To amend section 2923.121 of the Revised Code to allow a concealed carry licensee who is not consuming liquor and is not under the influence to carry a concealed handgun in a retail food establishment or food service operation with any class liquor permit issued for the location.

That means we can go out to dinner with our wives/significant other/family to a restaurant and not have to disarm.

-e

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links