Officer's .45 Round Inside Barrel of Gaffney SC Serial Killers .25

This is a discussion on Officer's .45 Round Inside Barrel of Gaffney SC Serial Killers .25 within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If I were the officer I would definitely tell people I was aiming for that....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Officer's .45 Round Inside Barrel of Gaffney SC Serial Killers .25

If I were the officer I would definitely tell people I was aiming for that.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by zackintosh View Post
    I can see the Mythbusters recreating this.
    They already have done something similar. I believe they shot into the cylinder of a revolver jamming the gun or something if my memory isn't too far off.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

No big deal. The Lone Ranger did that all the time! LOL

I thought .45 didn't shrink? I drive through there nightly. I was glad they got that guy. Truck stops are bad enough, we don't need guys like this too.

excuse me while I say thats bad ass.
    NO 3rd party disputes

The power of imagination is the key to life.

It helps you think ahead, consider the possibilities,and prepare you for the future.
    If you lack that ability, you're no different from livestock trapped behind a fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Not a "miracle shot" however... it's quite common for a shooter to focus on the gun of their opponent and where you are looking is likely to be where your shot will go! During simunitions training you'd better be wearing gloves!

All's well that ends well!
    True. I suspect it's similar to a defensive shooting as to a car accident. That is, you will generally always gravitate towards whatever you're looking at. This is why on the road, when you're presented with an emergency situation, its important to not be a "deer in the headlights" and stare at the car/person/whatever you're about to run into - its important to force yourself to view a path around the object and try to dodge it to avoid the accident altogether. Most people just freeze up and run right into something that could've been completely avoidable (or partially avoidable). Otherwise, if you keep looking at that car, you will most likely run right into it. That's off topic though.

I concur that she was probably staring at the perp's weapon and her aim gravitated right towards that possibly without her even trying to do so! Go officer, good shot.

However, now I'm concerned all the antis will start saying "why didn't you just shoot his gun?" in addition to all the "you should just shoot him in the legs!" comments

This is the third instance of same that I have heard of this.

The second was a couple of years ago ('06 or maybe '05) where a LEO had fired at a close combatant and his round precisely entered the chamber of the BGs revolver as from the _rear_ impacting the next round to be fired causing that round and his projectile to jam the gun preventing it from cycling.
    The LEO survived and the fight was stopped.

I have also hear from back in '00 via the news of an officer firing again same circumstance as the OP and his own projectile entering the barrel of and becoming lodged amongst the BGs own gun.

Several other tales of same have been passed on through history but these other two in specific like this most recent story were items I have seen with my own eyes featured in real newspaper accounts.

Edit:
    My memory is ridiculous.

With a little help from Google I found the exact article I'd read as archived...

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Amazing shot cited as self-defense
    Police bullet lodged in gunman's weapon

By HECTOR CASTRO
    P-I REPORTER

A highly improbable shot left an officer's bullet in the cylinder of a gunman's revolver, and police say it's a pretty clear sign that the officers who shot the man faced a deadly threat.

"Physically, it is impossible to conclude anything other than the fact the suspect was pointing directly at the officers," Deputy Chief Clark Kimerer said Wednesday, adding, "I've not seen anything quite like that in my 24 years."...

This photo, which was provided by the Seattle Police Department, shows the brass cartridge being pushed out the rear of the cylinder on the gunman's revolver.

The full story can be found at; http://www.seattlepi.com/local/26816...gfollow27.html
    - Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Good Shooting......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links