PalmBeachPost.com: Gang Map

This is a discussion on PalmBeachPost.com: Gang Map within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Gangs in Palm Beach County I found this very interested and disturbing map on the Palm Beach Post's website today. The thing that bothers me ...

Thread: PalmBeachPost.com: Gang Map

Gangs in Palm Beach County

I found this very interested and disturbing map on the Palm Beach Post's website today. The thing that bothers me the most about South Florida is how the lines of good neighborhoods and bad neighborhoods are so blurred... to the point where I'm not even sure "lines" exist anymore.

I also found this: Where South Florida gangs are working - the basic Palm Beach Post gang database. 130 gangs in this county alone... and people can't understand why I'm a CWP holder. Well, with the Crips, Zoe Pounders, and Sur 13 all active in the city which I live in along with the Aryan Brotherhood, Black Gangster Disciples, and Bloods (amongst others) active in the city I work in... I don't know why in the hell I wouldn't.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

VIP Member
    Man, I hate gangs. In a land of opportunity that we have fought and died for, these thugs choose organized evil. When I see gang ink, it's all I can do to restrain myself.

Man, I'm sure there are similar situations in hundred of communities, but seeing the number of different gangs that operate in one town is just rediculous. Stay safe, watch your 6.

Joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

That's crazy seeing how many are just in 1 town. Just shows how we need to protect ourselves with nut jobs out there like these gangs.

Just wondering....where are the Gl0cK Gang or the S&W Peeps or Kahr Kings?....I'm sure those are just a few of the up and coming American Gun Rights gangs.

Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

It figures, we were worried about gangs in Little Rock and here my parents are living in Lake Worth, home to more gangs than you can imagine. I don't think it affects them as they've never mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Westrock View Post
    It figures, we were worried about gangs in Little Rock and here my parents are living in Lake Worth, home to more gangs than you can imagine. I don't think it affects them as they've never mentioned it.
    The thing is: it does affect them. Of course its not the biggest worry, but gang violence costs the general public mountains of money. My car insurance can attest to that fact! When I run my insurance costs if I were to live where I grew up in South Tampa (FL) for instance, my monthly insurance drops by some 10%. And I live in a nice part of town in Boynton Beach! When I moved to my current place it dropped 10% from my old apartment!

So we have dealers making money slinging their dope and robbing people... and I pay more for insurance because of it. Of course my #1 insurance policy is my weapon!

Chris, depending on whether I am out on the town or lounging around the house I'm protect by as many as two gangs: the Sig Army and the 00Buck Boyz.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

I am in Boynton, too. The Christmas Eve mall shootings a few years ago were what first got me interested in carrying, it took me a while to act on it but I am glad I did. The assumption it is only happening in a certain neighborhood is way off base, I think many of these kids live in our walled, gated communities.
    Bengal Gal
    S&W 642

Quote Originally Posted by BengalGal View Post
    I am in Boynton, too. The Christmas Eve mall shootings a few years ago were what first got me interested in carrying, it took me a while to act on it but I am glad I did. The assumption it is only happening in a certain neighborhood is way off base, I think many of these kids live in our walled, gated communities.
    You're referring to the murder of the wife and daughter in the parking lot of the Boca Mall aren't you?

You think that's bad.

Last week there was an article in IIRC the Chicago Tribune reporting that Chicago has ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND (100K!!!) _known_ active gang members amongst it's population!

That makes no sense what so ever. :|

And people are all up in arms about me and we, as in us as here at DC.com amongst others, making use of and bearing arms to protect us and ours against them and those crime life persons.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Gang Maps ????

If we know so much about them then why are they still operating ?

Gangs should fall under a different kind of legal system, instead of Police, use Para-Military tactics and Units against them ! I hate that the Police has to wait until they actually do something, then have evidence and stuff against them. IMO, just being in a gang should be enough evidence of criminal activity. These gangs are a scourge on society.

Thanks for the post...LEOs in those areas have their hands full...lots of shootings, assaults. Check out Florida Local Crime Map, Crime Statistics and Real-Time Alerts [cut and paste] for some other eyeopeners...
    Semper Vigilantia - Semper Paratus
    NRA Life Member

Holy cow... I suppose I'm lucky to not live around gang violence. People are trapped within their communities and the police are totally ineffective!

Not because the LEO's don't want to be. Oh my lord, if the politicians turned the police loose on the real gang problem, the LEO's I know would have a hay day busting it up!

The politicians thrive on the chaos! Make no mistake about it, the politicians love the gang culture! It gets them re-elected!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Sponsored Links