Store owner fights off Crooks...

This is a discussion on Store owner fights off Crooks... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Tonight on the news a local store owner was stocking his shelves when three men pointed a pistol at him. Well, the owner pulled his ...

Thread: Store owner fights off Crooks...

Store owner fights off Crooks...

Tonight on the news a local store owner was stocking his shelves when three men pointed a pistol at him. Well, the owner pulled his pistol and gun fight started. The owner wounded one gunman in the shoulder and this led to arrest of the whole crew. The news cameras showed the bullet holes in the walls of the business and it was more than one.

Moral of the story is the amount of rounds fired in a fight has increased, and I will no longer be carrying the 5 shot .38 other than when taking trips to the gym. I think my 1911 with 8 round +1 Wilson mags will be more than enough. What if the guy would have ran out of rounds.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Sounds as tho it turned out OK - any link later perhaps to an article?

Was this three guys and three guns or just one gun with one of them?
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    Another happy ending. Like to see those.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    Another reason to carry the gun instead of stashing it somewhere (under the counter, in a drawer in another room, etc). Good for him.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Very happy outcome. Good point CopperKnight, this makes me wonder why more banks don't have their tellers carry. I am positive bank robberies would go down if BG's knew the employees were packing.
    Curry

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Here we go again with the "number of rds. needed to take care of the problem" thang. I suppose the more the better. Spray and pray,comes to mind. I carry 7+1+7. I certinly would carry a revo if I had the proper training with one. There are more than several that come to mind that I feel would make a great CCW. They are plenty potent. Some revo's,as are auto's,aren't real concealable though.

Bottom line for me is........I have drawn the line in the sand as to what firearm I will carry as far as size,shootability, TKO formula,also the minimum number of rds. that I will have on my person. I reserve the right to drop another mag into my pocket that I have stashed in my truck anytime I feel the urge.

I will make my shots count. I will not shoot any"just to keep their head down"shots. I will not shoot any"to cover my retreat" shots. (although I do reserve the right to advance to the rear if needed) All my shots will go into COM unless he's zombie material.(no thigh,hip,right arm,shoot the gun outta his hand,kinda stuff for me)

I know,it's a terrible thing to say,but.....I will also still consider him a direct threat to my life after he runs out of ammo. He will pay the price. --------

First, RSSZ I am well schooled in firearms and being that I have served in the military in plently tight situations overseas.Moreover, I would much rather carry the 1911, but the .38 is just too easy. Secondly, read my post my main concern was simply to relay that the guy was able to protect himself, and last was the hypothetical of what "if " the guy did not have enough rounds. What do you carry? is it a 5 shot .38 because that is my primary, although I am slowly moving to carrying my 1911.

Anyway, 95 no article yet I am in NC and the local news reported it. The store was pretty shot up so I would guess more than two guns. Glad the guy is well.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    BANK SOLUTION.....Install foot activaded tazers installed in the front of the counter. More than 2 nodes would be necessary to ensure contact. If robber comes in, teller hits a button and ZZAAAPPO. Fish out of water.

Now watch, I have a great idea and someone gets rich cause I opened my mouth.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Links