News Videos of?

News Videos of?

This is a discussion on News Videos of? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was wanting to show my nephew a video I saw a while back - maybe from South America - showing a man holding a ...

Thread: News Videos of?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

News Videos of?

I was wanting to show my nephew a video I saw a while back - maybe from South America - showing a man holding a woman hostage with either a knife or a gun - Local Police had a sniper take the guy out, saving the woman.

Anyone remember this - have a link?
    For God, Family and Country!

Yes AC I recall that clip.

I'll try to locate it for you.
    Stand by...

Edit:
    Sniper head shot, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (NWS as due to showing a man being shot)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw7pl4n-GI8

Brazilian Police Sniper Action (WS due to different angle showing only the woman running as the BG falls)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5VqFkpu6SI

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

That's gotta be it - but - blocked at work. I'll look at it when get home today.

Thanks for the quick post Jang.

BTW - Any other similiar videos out there same subject?

Like maybe the one where the guy was out in the open sitting in a chair waving a revolver around & when sat still for a moment - sniper shot the actual revolver outta his hand?
    Last edited by ArmyCop; October 15th, 2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Added content

Yes, those too were at YouTube and in fact came up first as I'd had to sift a bit to locate what I had in mind and I think (?)( is what you were thinking of as well.

Here is my base search link to whihc you can from there refine for your own purposes.

YouTube - sniper police

'Amazing Sniper Shot'
    YouTube - Amazing Sniper Shot

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Thanks again Jang. I just wish youtube wasn't blocked at work - or that same videos were availible on another non-blocked site.

My pleasure.

I'm sure they are on some other sites as well...But as I'm at work fielding calls, drafting a memo, and responding to incoming client e-mail messages...I can't dedicate but so much more brain power/overhead and third monitor screen time toward it. :)

But the above should be enough to get you pointed in the direction you seek.

- Janq

Links