Good guys recover, bad guy goes to jail!

This is a discussion on Good guys recover, bad guy goes to jail! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I had a really bad night last night - Pelican Parts Technical BBS This happened to me and this is why I carry. I was ...

Thread: Good guys recover, bad guy goes to jail!

Good guys recover, bad guy goes to jail!

I had a really bad night last night - Pelican Parts Technical BBS

This happened to me and this is why I carry. I was not the victim, but my friend was. I was going for my gun when the gunfight started.

Parole absconder arrested in connection with late-night shooting
    Patrick Evans, age 37, of St. Louis, was taken into custody in connection with the shooting of a man in Jefferson City on Tuesday night.
    Advertisement

By Jeff Haldiman
    jhaldiman@newstribune.com
    Published: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 10:04 AM CDT
    A parole absconder from St. Louis, who had just gotten out of prison two weeks ago, is believed to have shot another man during what appears to have been a robbery late Tuesday night.

Just after 7 a.m. today (Wednesday), Jefferson City police found Patrick Evans, 37, hiding in a small room in an upstairs apartment at 611 E. Capitol Ave., which is above where the shooting incident occurred more than eight hours earlier.

"Officers were ready to re-canvass the area as daylight broke when they found a new blood trail which led to the apartment," said Capt. Mike Smith. "A female resident, we believe, helped hide him."

Formal charges are being sought against Evans, who was being treated for a gunshot wound to his left hand.

The man Evans is believed to have shot, a 34 year-old Jefferson City resident, was undergoing minor surgery Wednesday morning at University of Missouri Hospital in Columbia. He was shot three times with a revolver and his wounds were to his hands and shoulder. His name was not being released pending notification of relatives.

Police reports indicate the incident started just before 10:30 p.m. Tuesday.

When officers got there, they were told a man wearing a black hoodie or possibly a scarf had approached a group of individuals at the Capitol Avenue residence, brandishing a gun.

The suspect ordered the group to go into the residence and ordered them onto the floor and began to take items from the victims.

As this was going on, apparently one of the victims, armed with a .45 caliber gun, got into an exchange of gunfire with the suspect.

# # #

UPDATE 8:17 A.M. : A suspect is in custody in connection with a multiple shooting late Tuesday night at a downtown office that houses multiple attorneys' offices.

INITIAL COVERAGE FILED AT 12:15 A.M.: Jefferson City police reported they were called just before 10:30 p.m. to go to 611 East Capitol Avenue.

When they got there, police were told a black male wearing a black hoodie or possibly a scarf had approached a group of individuals at this residence, brandishing a gun.

The suspect ordered the group to go into the residence and ordered them onto the floor and began to take items from the victims.

As this was going on, apparently one of the victims was armed with a gun and got into an exchange with the suspect.

The victim, a male in his 30s, was shot multiple times, but police did not think his wounds were life-threatening. He was taken to St. Mary's Health Center and later transferred to University of Missouri Hospital in Columbia.

As of midnight, police were still looking for the man who had initially tried to rob the victims.

Officers searched the area on foot, along with canine units, and did find some traces of blood.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

2. Remove Ads

I hate going to Jeff City, because it's usually on business which means I'm in and out of State Office Buildings all day which means No Guns! And they have metal detectors.

I also hate leaving gun in car, even though it's in a COM safe, but I won't travel there without a gun because of all the street violence. As soon as I get back to my car, I'm armed again. Especially when going to lunch or dinner there.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I hate going to Jeff City, because it's usually on business which means I'm in and out of State Office Buildings all day which means No Guns! And they have metal detectors.

I also hate leaving gun in car, even though it's in a COM safe, but I won't travel there without a gun because of all the street violence. As soon as I get back to my car, I'm armed again. Especially when going to lunch or dinner there.
    I believe the only building still with a metal detector is the Supreme Court building. You are correct about the rest of the state building as far being posted goes. However the Capitol is not posted. Probably has something to do with how many Reps and Senators are permit holders. Nice building to work in.
    NRA Life Member

Links