This is good! Especially when he threw the gun!

This is a discussion on This is good! Especially when he threw the gun! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Denied:1up! Software () PIQUA - The owner of One More Bar was robbed on Wednesday afternoon and the robber fled carrying the owner's handgun. Steve ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is good! Especially when he threw the gun!

Denied:1up! Software ()

PIQUA - The owner of One More Bar was robbed on Wednesday afternoon and the robber fled carrying the owner's handgun.

Steve Mikolajewski, owner of the bar, 348 Wood St., was walking toward the front door carrying a bank bag around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday when bar patron Steve A. Jones allegedly walked toward Mikolajewski, shoved him, then took the bag. A struggle ensued outside the bar between Jones, Mikolajewski and an unidentified patron.

During the struggle, Jones allegedly pinned the patron to the ground. Mikolajewski re-entered the bar and returned carrying a handgun. Jones apparently let the patron up and fled with the bag. Mikolajewski then fired a "warning shot" into the air.

At that point, Jones reportedly returned to One More, bringing the bank bag with him. He then allegedly advanced on Mikolajewski, who threw his weapon into the bed of a nearby truck rather than shooting Jones. At that point another bar patron retrieved the handgun when he thought that Jones was moving toward the truck to get the gun himself.

Jones and the second patron then struggled over the gun. Jones took it from him and ran north on Roosevelt toward the bike path.

Piqua Police officers arrived on the scene and began a search for the suspect. Jones was located by Officer Dave Short and taken into custody without incident. Jones was still carrying the handgun hidden in his jacket when arrested.

Piqua Deputy Police Chief Tom Steiner praised officers saying, "the on-duty shift did a very good job of securing the area and locating the suspect." Steiner noted that the suspect was allegedly intoxicated and the incident could have ended in tragedy.

Jones, 800 1/2 W. North St., faces a list of charges, including aggravated robbery, felony carrying a concealed weapon, having a weapon while intoxicated, felony theft, and assault.

Mikolajewski could possibly face a charge of discharging a firearm within the city limits. The investigation into the incident is continuing.

Jones was transported to the Miami County jail.

Fired a warning shot?!!!
    Threw the gun away when the assailant approached?!!

Don't carry a gun if you have not (whoops; edit: have not made the decision to) or can not defend yourself when need be. The B.G. is probably more determined and will take it away from you.

Case in point!

Lucky the perp didn't use it him or someone else.

The owner of the bar should also be charged with failure to properly secure a firearm.
    Last edited by ImaShepardRU; October 16th, 2009 at 11:44 AM.
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by ImaShepardRU View Post
    Fired a warning shot?!!!
    Threw the gun away when the assailant approached?!!

Don't carry a gun if you have not or can not defend yourself when need be. The B.G. is probably more determined and will take it away from you.

Case in point!

Lucky the perp didn't use it him or someone else.

The owner of the bar should also be charged with failure to properly secure a firearm.
    I agree,if your not gonna use the gun when you need to then don't pull it,or you better be lubricating it heavily with vaseline for reholstering by the BG
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Hunh?
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

My mouth was literally hanging open in disbelief while reading this story.

Sounds like a Monty Python skit.
    I'll bet that everyone was well lubricated and it all happened in slow motion....lol.

Where is this Piqua place ? Piqua must be Native American for " Home of Dummies"
    I'll make sure to give it a wide berth.

Quote Originally Posted by 12Rounds View Post
    Sounds like a Monty Python skit.
    I'll bet that everyone was well lubricated and it all happened in slow motion....lol.

Where is this Piqua place ? Piqua must be Native American for " Home of Dummies"
    I'll make sure to give it a wide berth.
    Piqua is in the great "intelligent" state of Ohio.
    (edit:) about 30 minutes north of Dayton.

this is a very odd story with an odd string of events. i'll be anxious to see more on this one.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Idiots are born everyday.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    I have a shiny new nickel that says the bar owner and the robber know each other.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

I think I saw this skit on SNL or Mad TV ? Maybe both?

mkh
    I agree that you shouldn't be carry a weapon you aren't willing to use.

I agree that you should never fire a warning shot. Too dangerous and unnecessary.

However letting him have your weapon so that he can get a felony concealed weapons charge is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeEric View Post
    My mouth was literally hanging open in disbelief while reading this story.
    Me too.
    In fact I went back and read it again to be sure I wasn't missing something.

Everything that can possibly be done wrongly was done, as per this news report.
    The first misstep was the bar owner walking from behind the bar to the door with a bank deposit bag carried openly as in hand (!).
    From there the stupid continued to slide down hill...

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Me too.
    In fact I went back and read it again to be sure I wasn't missing something.

Everything that can possibly be done wrongly was done, as per this news report.
    The first misstep was the bar owner walking from behind the bar to the door with a bank deposit bag carried openly as in hand (!).
    From there the stupid continued to slide down hill...

- Janq
    I loved the part when he came out with his weapon, fired a "warning shot", and then.....the BG turned around after him and he tossed the gun. I guess he figured "ut oh...I made a boo boo...I better get rid of this thing." ***?

Sorry USA! Ohio is not like this joker!

What I'm seeing is a bar owner that is using a gun as a talisman to ward off evil and not as a life saving tool designed to take life in order to protect those behind it.

Too many people, IMHO, do not do the soul searching needed to decide if they can or are able to take a human life in order to keep their own before an encounter. The middle of an encounter is a bad time to learn if you are willing or able.

Biker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links