Ban Chefs not guns!

Ban Chefs not guns!

This is a discussion on Ban Chefs not guns! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hell's Kitchen! Angry Chef Pulls Gun on Waitresses | NBC Miami Hell's Kitchen! Angry Chef Pulls Gun on Waitresses A popular Boca Raton chef is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Ban Chefs not guns!

Hell's Kitchen! Angry Chef Pulls Gun on Waitresses | NBC Miami

Hell's Kitchen! Angry Chef Pulls Gun on Waitresses

A popular Boca Raton chef is in jail and faces aggravated assault charges

By TODD WRIGHT
    Updated 3:48 PM EDT, Fri, Oct 16, 2009

You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet, but one chef decided he would crack a few skulls if he had to make one more dish of mozzarella Caprese.
    Chef Mark DeCraepeo was arrested Wednesday night after he pulled a gun on two waitresses at his restaurant because he was tired of seeing orders for the appetizer, according to the Sun-Sentinel.
    "If you hang one more f---- ticket for mozzarella Caprese, I swear to God I'll shoot you in the forehead," witnesses at Pizza Time said he shouted.
    Usually, if you are getting a lot of orders for a dish, thatís a compliment to the chef. Not to DeCraepeo.

Mark DeCraepeo
    To make sure his threat was heeded, the chef and manager slammed his pistol on the counter.
    "Now you see I'm f----- serious, I'll put a bullet right in your forehead," he shouted, the police report said.
    The waitresses later filed a complaint with police and now the angry chef is in jail facing aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charges.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    The waitresses later filed a complaint with police and now the angry chef is in jail facing aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charges.
    As well he should be!

How in the heck did he think he was going to get away with that?

Should do a chunk of jail time for that little stunt!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    I SO hope he wasn't a permit holder, so at least they can't make hay about that. Guy deserves his butt handed to him in prison.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

A true idiot. Stupid and immature. This guy just messed his life up over an appetizer, incredible.

Time for a room with no inside doorknob.

Oh, and I think I might make his first meal a mozzarella Caprese, just because.

Let me get this straight.

He's upset about working to make a cheese dish in a down economy when nearly 10% of the employable nation is unemployed and hoping against hope for change so that they themselves don't have to eat govt. cheese?

Priorities, it's what's for dinner...In jail.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Mozzarella carprese is a pain in the hinie to make,but all he had to do was tell the waitresses was to "86" the dish.They then will stop putting in the order.
    Threats dont work on waitresses anyway.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Oh, and I think I might make his first meal a mozzarella Caprese, just because.

You're a bad man Grady!

But I love the way you think!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    You're a bad man Grady!

But I love the way you think!
    Thank you for the compliments!

Very odd! Chefs usually threaten with large knives.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Appolgies first for any Yankees looking and or reading, but.....

the guy sounds like a NJ Soprano's reject with the way he talked to the waitress. I hope he's buddied up in jail with someone with same attitude.

"If you hang one more f---- ticket for mozzarella Caprese, I swear to God I'll shoot you in the forehead," witnesses at Pizza Time said he shouted.
    Usually, if you are getting a lot of orders for a dish, that’s a compliment to the chef. Not to DeCraepeo.

Mark DeCraepeo
    To make sure his threat was heeded, the chef and manager slammed his pistol on the counter.
    "Now you see I'm f----- serious, I'll put a bullet right in your forehead," he shouted
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

What an idiot!
    I wonder what he would have done to a customer who complained about the food?

He may not need a permit if he had permission from the owner to have the firearm, but his days of CCW could also be over...legally...anyway.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Usually, if you are getting a lot of orders for a dish, thatís a compliment to the chef. Not to DeCraepeo.
    You've got to wonder what he was thinking. For an item being ordered too many times, one evening, he's prepared to commit murder of one or more of his colleagues? He's prepared to make such threats and put up with the inevitable loss of his restaurant, all to make a point of being a "big man" with "standards" that will be met?

Sometimes, I feel as though humans have been cross-bred with a lesser being without our knowledge. But in the end, I know it's simply due to a fatal flaw in humans, the "off the deep end" gene. It mutated somewhere around the start of the Industrial Revolution. It's now reaching fatal proportions, in the gene pool. Once society irrevocably changes to send 'em all off the deep end, we're toast as a species. All we can do in the meantime is to sweep 'em all up into a collection that's maintained elsewhere, outside of society, hoping we can get ahead of the curve.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    His name is DeCraepeo. I find that amusingly similar to my nickname for Leonardo DiCaprio.

VIP Member
    It took me ten years in the restaurant business to fully understand the old saying:

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!"

Now, this is not meant as any kind of defense for this moron, but a professional kitchen is one of the most stress filled places in modern society. Like any other high-stress job, sometimes people "loose it". Temporary insanity or just an idiot? Your guess is as good as mine, but don't think this guy will have to worry about cooking for quite some time!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links