You Never Know Who You're Talking To....

This is a discussion on You Never Know Who You're Talking To.... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just did business with this guy. We closed on a property and I found out two days later why he wasn't available. I'm building ...

Thread: You Never Know Who You're Talking To....

I just did business with this guy. We closed on a property and I found out two days later why he wasn't available. I'm building a house for someone who I've known for 30+ years. She dosen't understand why her son and I carry. This is why...

09/20/09

Leatherwood Arrested Again

Michael Leatherwood is arresed again, this time for possession of a firearm while on probation for a felony.

http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/featu...herwoodMug.JPG

09/20/09

Wine Bottle Rape

Michael Leatherwood pleads guilty to six counts of raping his wife but does not have to serve a day in prison.

Michael Leatherwood Mug Shot

Read what investigators say he did:

On 5/19/07 at approximately 0415 hours officers were dispatched to 1 Park Ave. in Oklahoma City, in reference to a domestic. Upon arrival, VI was in room #1208 wearing nothing but a bath robe. VI told officers that she and her husband Michael Leatherwood were staying in room #1216. VI told officers that she refused to have sex with Leatherwood. VI said that Leatherwood had been raping her repeadedly since 0100 hours. VI said that she had told Leatherwood numerous times to stop.VI said that Leatherwood struck her repeatedly with an OU belt. VI also stated that Leatherwood hit her several times. VI had severe bruising on her upper legs and lower buttocks.

Prosecutors would have called a witness who would have told the court:

Friend of victim-The victim has confided in her many times about the physical abuse she suffered from the Defendant over the course of their relationship. She was in Dallas, TX at the the time the forced sexual assault occured in October of 2003. The victim was to come to her home the next morning but was unable to because of the assault committed by the Defendant in the Dallas hotel. This witness will testify that she has seen and knows of the papers kept in the victim's purse documenting the history of abuse the Defendant inflicted on the victim over the course of their relationship. The victim told her she (the victim) kept that record of events in case something ever happened to her. The victim told her that while the beating and rapes were occuring the Defendant told the victim, "When you see your little friend Tanya tomorrow, you are going to tell her you had a great time last night."

Prosecutors asked to admit evidence they say would have shown prior acts of violence:

The defendant engaged in a course of abuse, both physical and sexual, victimizing his former wife. The defendant during his relationship with his former wife beat her,the defendant choked her, pointed a gun, and held it against her, threatened to kill her, rape as punishment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/19/09

Wine Bottle Rape Continued

We've been contacted by several people who say they know Michael Leatherwood...or know what happened that night at the Skirvin hotel. In tonight's story we interviewed a former construction manager for Leatherwood's company Home Quarters.

Had the case gone to trial, the District Attorney's office says Lori Metcalf would have testified the following:

-That she came to wrok unaware of the criminal charges and incident resulting in criminal charges against Leatherwood. All the other employees resigned following the acts which resulted in the criminal charges being filed.

-That Leatherwood told her many things about the case against him including:

He wrote a letter for the victim to bring to the District Attorney David Prater, in an effort to have the case dismissed. The Defendant paid the victim to have that meeting with Prater. The victim did as the Defendant wanted and received payment. The witness personally saw the letter on the Defendant's computer.
    When the scheme did not work as the Defendant wanted, he came up with a new plan which involved hiring the victim an attorney to represent her (It should be noted that it was communicated to the undersigned ADA at last scheduled court date that Ron Wallace is now representing the vicitm herein-prior to that time the victim did not have independent representation). The plan is for the victim to fail to appear pursuant to her subpoena and the standing Order of the Court on the date of the trial. The Defendant believes the charges will then have to be dismissed. Then, when the victim is charged with contempt, the new attorney will go public with allegations that the District Attorney's Office does not care about victims because the victim would be put in jail. The Defendant apparently believes this publicity will result in the charges being dropped.
    The Defendant has hired Scott Adams to represent him now because the Defendant believes Mr. Adams to be "like God" when it comes to his skills as an attorney and can accomplish anythign in the courthouse including getting the Defendant out of the charges against him.
    The Defendant has stated that the prosecuting ADA has a "hard on" for the Defendant and thinks he (the ADA) will "take him (the Defendant) down", but it would be the first time that happens to Mike Leatherwood and it is not going to happen becuse he is going to walk on the charges.
    The Defendant continues to drink alcohol to date.
    The Defendant has an extreme anger problem, is verbally abusive, cannot control his anger as he throws bricks at construction sties and has kicked over newly built walls.

Have I made my case......
    Last edited by HotGuns; October 23rd, 2009 at 01:01 PM. Reason: entirely too descriptive for a family forum
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

VIP Member
    Well,

Concealed carry is not about this type of threat usually unless your life or your immediate family is directly threatened. It is important for you to know and understand the difference.

Concealed carry is a privilege, same as a drivers license, in most cases it means exactly that. Further you may not brandish a lethal weapon unless you want to become the BG.

You are not the BG but you could be if you shoot at the wrong time in the wrong place. Like they say, "be careful of what you wish for."

Common law in almost every state has it so that you should leave this up to law enforcement. You are only entitled to defend yourself and immediate family even in your own home, and then only under extreme circumstances. Shooting on the street is not common by not by law abiding citizens unless their life is in dire threat.

This is no different than what Law enforcement officers must abide by or what military personnel must abide by as rules of engagement.

Sig
    Last edited by HotGuns; October 23rd, 2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: unnecessary comment
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

They found him in possesion of a firearm. He could have had it on his person when I was in physical contact with him. Reports say he had a temper, he might not liked what I have to say in negotiating the contract, might be having a bad day, you never know. He is a felon not a CWL holder.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    Well,

Concealed carry is not about this type of threat usually unless your life or your immediate family is directly threatened. It is important for you to know and understand the difference.
    I went back and read his post. I saw nothing to suggest that he was saying which you appear to indicate. The article merely pointed out that there were bad guys among us who are armed. There was no suggestion or hint to do a vigilante shooting.
    Last edited by HotGuns; October 23rd, 2009 at 01:01 PM. Reason: quoting unnecessary comment
    Live every day so that you can, with a clear conscience, look all men in their eyes and tell them to go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    I went back and read his post. I saw nothing to suggest that he was saying which you appear to indicate. The article merely pointed out that there were bad guys among us who are armed. There was no suggestion or hint to do a vigilante shooting.
    Ditto.
    My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

The guy sounds like a real winner. I'd stay as far form this guy as possible, sooner or later he's gonna get what he deserves.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

So your saying that if he had said firearm on him and tried to use it against me it would be a vigilante shooting? I'm merely setting up a hypothetical situation. Thank's for making me out as a murderer. I think if I kept from shooting someone who killed my 2 year old family member while he stood in front of me one hour after it happened I have a straight head.

Felon+gun+temper= no good.

Quote Originally Posted by ccroom View Post
    Felon+gun = Unlawful = No good.
    Fixed.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccroom View Post
    gun+temper= no good.
    Also true...

VIP Member
    They walk among us! It is VERY true, you don't really know who you're talking to!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Sponsored Links