Southern Poverty Law Center Hate Group Map

This is a discussion on Southern Poverty Law Center Hate Group Map within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; SPLCenter.org: Hate Groups Map Following on the heels of my post a while back, http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-gang-map.html , I thought I'd post this map from the Southern ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern Poverty Law Center Hate Group Map

SPLCenter.org: Hate Groups Map

Following on the heels of my post a while back, http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-gang-map.html, I thought I'd post this map from the Southern Poverty Law Center. Earlier today on History Channel I saw a special on hate groups and they talked about the SPLC. So I went to their website and read up on some of the hate groups around me.

One more reason that I think we'd be crazy not to carry.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

The Southern Poverty Law center isn't exactly shy about who they call a "hate group." I would bet that not a few members here from border states are affiliated with at least one organization declared a hate group by SPL.

I don't really care for the designation "hate group" anyway. I prefer good-old-fashioned "criminal" which is what you are if you engage in attacks on people or their property - for any reason other than self defense. Never heard of a "love crime."

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

I see there are 2 supposed hate groups in my town. Both might be a little upset to be called that but I see why they might be on the list (especially if the list maker writes the rules).
    My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

I looked in my area and found a really laughable one... The National Prayer Network
    The 6 P's
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" T. Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    SPLCenter.org: Hate Groups Map

Following on the heels of my post a while back, http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-gang-map.html, I thought I'd post this map from the Southern Poverty Law Center. Earlier today on History Channel I saw a special on hate groups and they talked about the SPLC. So I went to their website and read up on some of the hate groups around me.

To the SPLC, it could well be that everyone of us on this forum are part of a hate group (or groups).
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

LOL!!! "Radical traditionalist Catholic" is a "hate group". To quote Bugs Bunny, the SPLC are a bunch of maroons. :)
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    Are you a member of the SPLC

Look here I Carry and I'm a proud member of Sons of Confederate Veterans

You call me a hater because of my proud heritage?

No I'm not Hispanic, Black, Asian or Muslim...

I'm Caucasian Southern and dam proud to be an American!

Your link reflects your PC views.

VIP Member
    Interesting we have a hate group right here in Goldsboro, The Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ Inc a black separatist group. I did notice they left out their own address in Montgomery, Al.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I carry because there are thugs from all races and creeds .
    Evil is a true equal oppertunity employer .
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police

Around 10 years ago I was shopping at a local supermarket when I saw a member of a white nationalists group. He was wearing a Nazi style uniform down the the swastika on his arm. He was OC'ing a handgun on his right side as well. That was the first time I saw OC'ing in a long while as well. He was a young man probably in his early to mid 20's. He must have been coming home from a meeting.

Scary! I mean the uniform not the OC'ing!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

My residence is in Columbia Missouri; there are 3 Islamic groups in town with ties to Hamas, PLO etc.......Funny that they didn't make the list

Quote Originally Posted by socal2310 View Post
    The Southern Poverty Law center isn't exactly shy about who they call a "hate group." I would bet that not a few members here from border states are affiliated with at least one organization declared a hate group by SPL.

I don't really care for the designation "hate group" anyway. I prefer good-old-fashioned "criminal" which is what you are if you engage in attacks on people or their property - for any reason other than self defense. Never heard of a "love crime."

Ryan
    Looking at the list of types, it seems to me that the majority of them are some flavor of KKK, black separatist, or white nationalist with a few scatterings of skinheads, islamic extremists, and christian extremist. A few of the white/black nationalist are probably mislabeled, but all in all the ones I looked at seem pretty reasonable to call a "hate group".

Why isn't the Southern Poverty Law Center on the map?

A run in with the KKK is what made me start carrying.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by KralBlbec View Post
    Looking at the list of types, it seems to me that the majority of them are some flavor of KKK, black separatist, or white nationalist with a few scatterings of skinheads, islamic extremists, and christian extremist. A few of the white/black nationalist are probably mislabeled, but all in all the ones I looked at seem pretty reasonable to call a "hate group".
    Oh, I will readily grant that the majority of such designations are richly deserved. The problem is that they undermine the utility of the map by lumping nativists and voluntary segregationists in with violent skinheads (not all of the former can rightly be called racists, particularly among the nativists). On a more positive note, I'm pleasantly surprised to find that they do include hate groups such as "Nation of Islam" that don't conform to the WASP bogeyman stereotype.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links