15 yr old Gang rape outside school dance - Page 4

15 yr old Gang rape outside school dance

This is a discussion on 15 yr old Gang rape outside school dance within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by gottabkiddin I thought about this for a while and I think I have a better understanding of why most folks wouldn't want ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 15 yr old Gang rape outside school dance

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I thought about this for a while and I think I have a better understanding of why most folks wouldn't want to get involved in this type of scenario. It's pretty much a no win scenario for anyone who would intervien. The gang would most likely turn on ya and there ya go.

Here's what I was thinking, if your well armed as most of us are. Why not take your cell phone and start snapping photos of all the folks around and involved, and don't try to hide the fact. Once someone sees you doing that others will too, and then they should start to disperse pretty quickly for fear of being implicated somehow. The punks that are left, well they're gonna be your "BAD SEEDS" and not gonna be happy you messin up their assault of the young victim. I say good! At that point they've turned their attention toward you and I think its fair to say, your life in is danger simply by the number of possible attackers fix'n to try to send some pain your way. So, IMO, it's time to draw that defense tool and save the young ladies life. I'm thinkin if you actually had to shoot anyone, once one of the punks saw that you were actually willing to shoot, they'll revert back to the monkeys that they are, and you might even get to dispatch some justice along the way.

Some or all may disagree, and I'll line up beside all that said "I'm glad I wasn't there" but in the event I am ever there, I for one wont be able to stand there, or walk away. If forced to, I'll put the monsters down, and I wouldn't even care the age, little monster, big monster who cares!
    No need to wait that long, you can use your weapon to stop a forcible rape.

Unfortunately there are no laws about being a witness and not lending aide. I think had there not been a bunch of people to try to stop it the mob of scumbags there would have at the very least beaten the tar out of someone who tried.

These less than humans who committed the rape deserve far worse than the law allows and those who watched and did nothing are no better.

I am not trying to sound tough but I would have called 911 then tried to stop it by whatever means possible at the time.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    And what of the young woman? What, if anything, will help her heal her many wounds?

If she were my daughter, I think I would be in jail now. Or I would be holding her older brothers back from the same actions I contemplate.

But, with a few biological exceptions, violence is carried down the decades, down the centuries, down through the dark and blasted families who can't cope, lash out in violence or gross neglect (or both), and so perpetuate it on to their own descendants.

What these young (men) did was monstrous. They need to be punished. But I would rather learn WHY they are what they are -- and how they got to that dark place -- than kill them, so that things like this can be prevented.

Most murderers and rapists aren't born, they're made. And we need to learn ways to stop them being made, and/or unmake them - leaving them whole human beings instead of human monsters.

Call me what you will. But killing them is nothing more than taking out a few cancer cells. It doesn't stop the disease. We need to get to the root of it.
    Respectfully.

IMO, It's called a mob, and they have been around for ever. And there's only one way to deal with a mob.... I just don't know what that would be, so I'll opt to shoot the monsters, if forced to.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    No need to wait that long, you can use your weapon to stop a forcible rape.

Unfortunately there are no laws about being a witness and not lending aide. I think had there not been a bunch of people to try to stop it the mob of scumbags there would have at the very least beaten the tar out of someone who tried.

These less than humans who committed the rape deserve far worse than the law allows and those who watched and did nothing are no better.

I am not trying to sound tough but I would have called 911 then tried to stop it by whatever means possible at the time.
    +1, I couldn't agree more.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

ABCNews is now indicating 30 persons were on site either watching or actively involved.

Horrible.

Prosecutor to Decide on Charges in Richmond, California Gang Rape - ABC News

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    ABCNews is now indicating 30 persons were on site either watching or actively involved.

Horrible.

Prosecutor to Decide on Charges in Richmond, California Gang Rape - ABC News

- Janq
    The number keeps climbing witch makes it even harder to believe, not one could rise to manhood and help.

There is no way this girl can lead a normal life after this physical and emotional attack. An attempt at a normal relationship will probably be impossible.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    The number keeps climbing witch makes it even harder to believe, not one could rise to manhood and help.

There is no way this girl can lead a normal life after this physical and emotional attack. An attempt at a normal relationship will probably be impossible.
    Agreed x2.

Unbelievable.
    This is the kind of thing you read in fiction and see featured in horror movies.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by TravisABQ View Post
    Since it is taboo to discuss race, ethnicity, and cultural pathologies of minorities in this country, good luck with "understanding".
    Such a discussion though as toward minorities would have little to do with little, as in regard to rape.

Here are some facts on that matter:

The Criminal

* The average age of a rapist is 31 years old.2
    * 52% are white.2
    * 22% of imprisoned rapists report that they are married.2
    * Juveniles accounted for 16% of forcible rape arrestees in 1995 and 17% of those arrested for other sex offenses.2
    * In 1 in 3 sexual assaults, the perpetrator was intoxicated — 30% with alcohol, 4% with drugs.3
    * In 2001, 11% of rapes involved the use of a weapon — 3% used a gun, 6% used a knife, and 2 % used another form of weapon.2
    * 84% of victims reported the use of physical force only.2

Source - The Offenders | RAINN | Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network
    References:
    1. U.S. Department of Justice. 2005 National Crime Victimization Study. 2005.
    2. U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Statistics. 1997 Sex Offenses and Offenders Study. 1997.
    3. U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Statistics. 1998 Alcohol and Crime Study. 1998.
    4. 2002 Recidivism of Prisoners Released in 1994 Study. 2002.
    And more data...

The Color of Rape

* Among people 12 and older, about 83.5% of the US population is white, and 82.5% of rape victims are white; 13.3% of victims are black, compared to 12.3% of the population; and 4.2% of both victims and the population are of other races. (NCVS, 2000)
    * Blacks are about 10% more likely to be attacked than whites. In 2000, there were 1.1 victimizations per 1,000 white people, and 1.2 victimizations per 1,000 black people. (NCVS, 2000)

Source - SARSSM: Reports, Laws, & Statistics
    While rape in the US has greatly declined as from absolutely phenomenal numbers 30 yrs. ago...

Rape rates declined marginally between 1998 and 2008.

To view data, click on the chart.

Note: Includes both attempted and completed rapes. The National Crime Victimization Survey
    redesign was implemented in 1993; the area with the lighter shading is before the redesign and the darker area after the redesign. The data before 1993 are adjusted to make them comparable with data collected since the redesign. The adjustment methods are described in Criminal Victimization, 1973-95. Estimates for 1996 and beyond are based on collection year while earlier estimates are based on data year. For additional information about the methods used, see Criminal Victimization, 2008.

Victimization rate trends exclude NCVS estimates for 2006 because of methodological inconsistencies between the data for that year and the data for other years. Changes to the NCVS and their impact upon the survey's estimates in 2006 are discussed in the Criminal Victimization, 2006 Technical Notes.

Source: The National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS) Ongoing since 1972, this survey of households interviews about 147,300 persons age 12 and older in 82,900 households each year about their victimizations from crime.

Rape - Forced sexual intercourse including both psychological coercion as well as physical force. Forced sexual intercourse means penetration by the offender(s). Includes attempted rapes, male as well as female victims, and both heterosexual and homosexual rape. Attempted rape includes verbal threats of rape.

Source - Bureau of Justice Statistics Rape Trends
    For info on how to better understand these statistics and how they were compiled click on either of the following:

Understanding National Rape Statistics ? CALCASA ? California Coalition Against Sexual Assault

Your asserted theory as toward discussing race, ethnicity, and cultural pathologies of minorities in this country has little footing when one considers the fact that the vast majority of rapists in this country are white males.
    It makes even less sense when taken into consideration the fact that white males make up the vast majority of the population as a multiple of all races (!).
    Never mind that they live longer than anyone, so as to potentially rape and rape again (?). To which if caught they tend to receive lighter sentencing as followed by earlier parole/release than minority's.

Data about that can be found here:
    http://www.census.gov/population/est...intfile3-1.txt
    White male - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Population: USA Facts
    US Life Actuarial Tables 2000
    Bureau of Justice Statistics Prison Statistics

If you really want to discuss cultural pathologies as related to rape, then that discussion should start at home as with ones own male children, relatives, and friends of all ages...regardless of their or your own race or ethnicity.

- Janq

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I know my statements probably push the forum rules to the limit but if the demographics of the student body are correct, we need to rethink our requirements for citizenship beyond speaking the language and learning about our abused Constitution. I'm referring to rules in a civilized society which, sadly and perhaps through no fault of their own, are lacking from many of the country's who's people choose to emigrate to the U.S. legally or illegally. It is a fact of life that women are not granted equal rights nor respect and dignity and are relegated to the status of second class citizens in many nations of the world, thousands of whose people we are welcoming with open arms or are powerless to keep out. Then why ,I ask, are we surprised and outraged when faced with this kind of behavior? Ask our Congress how many of their children attend that school. For that matter, ask the state and local officials how many of their children attend that school.

I was teaching high school at the time of the Columbine shootings and our school board refused to have metal detectors installed at the building's exits. Their rationale was that metal detectors would give students and parents the perception that the school wasn't a safe place. As this horrible incident occurred on school property and at a school sponsored function, I would ask why there wasn't better security at least on the school property. And I would demand satisfactory answers!

Well, Janq you just pointed out the documentation which verifies that non white minorities are tremendously overrepresented in perpetrating rape.

Or did you have some other point?

Janq I respect your views, and enjoy your posts. Surely you can't say race is not a factor in this case.
    It's proven white males are the number 1 perps...but they don't have a pack mentality.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisABQ View Post
    Well, Janq you just pointed out the documentation which verifies that non white minorities are tremendously overrepresented in perpetrating rape.

Or did you have some other point?
    Read my post, in full, rather than as parsed to a single line.

- Janq

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    Janq I respect your views, and enjoy your posts. Surely you can't say race is not a factor in this case.
    It's proven white males are the number 1 perps...but they don't have a pack mentality.
    They don't have a 'pack mentality'?
    Who does have a pack mentality?

This event is a wholly abnormal occurrence.

As to race, we have no basis what so ever to reach any conclusion that race was a determinant of the person being raped (we know nothing about the victim what so ever aside from gender and being a minor).
    As to the race of the attackers, race rarely is a determinant toward rape either...as in what the rapist has in mind as toward selecting a victim.

How about wondering what color hair they have or if they wear boxers vs. briefs?
    Might as well assert that the issue is with red headed males and/or left handed people. The result would be same.

I wouldn't have said a word IF I hadn't already known these facts as related to rape and rapists, AND that the data just doesn't support the claim. Doesn't now and it did not/has not in decades prior, when rape was in fact much higher in numbers as reported and population figures for minoritys in specific and as a whole cross section were in fact much lower as based on population density (!).
    As everyone knows the last decade has seen the greatest increase as a shift in population density for minority groups as ever in the history of the United States. But with that also known as fact, still the incidence of rape in the US is far below where it was just a decade ago never mind 30 yrs. ago.

Again Travis' statement was off base as related to this event and as to rape as in the US broadly.
    Not because I say so, but because the data just doesn't support the assertion.

- Janq

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    They don't have a 'pack mentality'?
    Who does have a pack mentality?

This event is a wholly abnormal occurrence.

As to race, we have no basis what so ever to reach any conclusion that race was a determinant of the person being raped (we know nothing about the victim what so ever aside from gender and being a minor).
    As to the race of the attackers, race rarely is a determinant toward rape either...as in what the rapist has in mind as toward selecting a victim.

How about wondering what color hair they have or if they wear boxers vs. briefs?

Again Travis' statement was off base as related to this event and as to rape as in the US broadly.
    Not because I say so, but because the data just doesn't support the assertion.

- Janq
    Any race or color can have a pack mentality given the right circumstances. The pack mentality does not only work to commit crimes but sometimes to seek justice. Vigilantes have a pack mentality when like minded people get together to serve up a little (justice). Though wrong in the eyes of the law they believe what they are doing is right in many cases.

The word pack itself could be replaced with the word gang. A gang is any group of two or more that gather for a common reason (pack mentality here) be it good or bad. The fact that you have like minded people gather for any reason in a sense creates a pack mentality.

Or am I all wet here?

NRA Member

I'm with you Rott, 100%.

Any group of humans can and has displayed pack mentality as related to anything including violence, with little to no regard what so ever toward race, ethnicity, class, location...or even as by actual incidences gender.

For every group of X human type that some person can show exhibited a so called 'pack' aka "gang" bka _group_ mentality, it would be not all that hard to show same as singular evidence related to Y and Z group being based on whatever method of reduction one might think to apply.

For example;

New York Times - WOMEN BEAT A ROBBER.; Gang Starts Fire and Robs Tenants in the Street -- One Caught.

Difference here though being that _facts_ as based on criminal victimization data (USA) would not and does not support a hypothetical assertion that women are equally as criminal in activity as men...in the USA.

I knew and know what pack mentality means and was being facetious in my reply.
    We all know.

You are all kinds of dry.

- Janq

Why do we need to find one race worse than the other? Deranged behavior cuts across race and class. Why is race even a factor in this discussion. I had a black guy save my life in Vietnam. I just can't buy that race has anything to do with this.

Janq is making his points very well. We can use this kind of dialogue.
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links