Road Rage

Road Rage

This is a discussion on Road Rage within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Downtown shooting is possible road rage By Valentino Lucio - Express-News Police are searching for a man responsible for a possible road rage shooting Wednesday ...

Thread: Road Rage

Road Rage

Downtown shooting is possible road rage

By Valentino Lucio - Express-News

Police are searching for a man responsible for a possible road rage shooting Wednesday afternoon in downtown San Antonio, officials said.

The unidentified victim, who is in his mid 20s, was shot once in the upper torso and was taken to University Hospital with non-life threatening injuries, said San Antonio police Capt. Mike Gorhum.

The victim told police he had stopped his white late-model Lincoln at a traffic light at Commerce Street beneath Interstate 37 when an unidentified man, who was driving a PT Cruiser, drove next to him and shot several rounds at his car, Gorhum said.

The victim walked to a nearby Denny's to call for help and the shooter drove east on Commerce Street, officers said.

Police are trying to determine what prompted the shooting, Gorhum said.

Be Aware of your surroundings especially at traffic lights

I have had a guy almost do the same thing.. but he wanted to pull me out of my car..

Basically, I was driving 45, guy pulls directly out in front of me from a grocery store parking lot.. I slam on brakes to avoid a collision and honk. then go around when safe..

Both of us were stopped at the next light, he starts yelling and then gets out and tries coming to my car..

I got out, pulled out my baton and told him to get back in his car.. TONS of witnesses.. The guy was about 2 times my size.

Yes. Have had a few road rage incidents and keenly aware they can go sour in a few seconds. It's getting sad when we have to use situational awareness 24/7/365 because of idiots who can't control themselves.

Haven't been shot at, but had a guy get out of a car and punch a buddy of mine after said numb nut tried to run us off the interstate and then off the exit ramp. My bud had pulled off the exit ramp, exited the car to ask what was going on and the punk just came up and sucker punched my friend. The punch didn't do anything to my bud and he open slapped the attacker upside the head so hard, it knocked the idiot out of his ball cap and to the ground. Another guy got out of the car and that's when I interviened to keep the fight even. My buddy is 6 one and weighs in about 275and he was much bigger than his attacker. Both of us are weightlifters and I do know some martial arts. The attacker to my buddy was trying to tackle him to no avail. I stood in between them and the occupant of the other car until the attacker gave up and we sent both of them packing back to their car when they found out these two "old dudes" wanted to open up a big can of whoop*** on them.

After thought to this was, "what were we thinking" getting out of a vehicle and confronting unknown persons. Duh.

This is the reason why I carry now.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links