Lou Dobbs has bullet proof siding?

This is a discussion on Lou Dobbs has bullet proof siding? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police Probe Shot Fired at Home of CNN's Lou Dobbs - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com Police ...

Thread: Lou Dobbs has bullet proof siding?

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar

Police Probe Shot Fired at Home of CNN's Lou Dobbs - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Police Probe Shot Fired at Home of CNN's Lou Dobbs
    Thursday, October 29, 2009
    By Joshua Rhett Miller

A gunshot was fired at the New Jersey home of CNN's Lou Dobbs after a series of threatening phone calls earlier this month, the host told listeners on his nationally syndicated radio show.

Dobbs, a fervent proponent of U.S. border enforcement, told listeners of "The Lou Dobbs Show" on Monday that the incident is part of an ongoing assault against anyone who opposes amnesty or leniency toward illegal immigrants.

"They've created an atmosphere and they've been unrelenting in their propaganda," Dobbs said in reference to pro-immigration groups like the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), the National Council of La Raza and America's Voice. "Three weeks ago this morning, a shot was fired at my house where I live. My wife was standing out and that followed weeks and weeks of threatening phone calls."

Dobbs continued, "But this shot was fired with my wife not, I don't know, 15 feet away, and we had threatening phone calls that I decided not to report because I get threatening phone calls."

Reached early Thursday at her home, Dobbs' wife, Debi Lee Segura, told Foxnews.com that she was outside the house when the shot was fired in her direction. She declined to elaborate, referring calls to Dobbs, who could not be immediately reached for comment.

A spokeswoman for CNN declined to comment Thursday.

New Jersey State Police Sgt. Steve Jones said troopers were called to the Dobbs' estate in rural Wantage, N.J., at about 10:30 a.m. on Oct. 5. The investigators who responded to the call were told that Dobbs and his wife were outside their home when they heard a gunshot, and a bullet struck their attic.

"It struck the siding and then fell to the ground," Jones said.

A search of the vicinity was unsuccessful; the bullet was taken for analysis.

"It's a shot fired that struck the house," Jones continued. "We're not sure what the intended target was. It's still under investigation."

No injuries were reported.

William Gheen, president of Americans for Legal Immigration (ALIPAC), said it's very likely Dobbs' outspokenness on illegal immigration led to the shooting.

"That shot, that attack on the Dobbs family is an attack on every American that values First Amendment rights," Gheen told Foxnews.com. "The chances are greatest that it was political, because pro-amnesty groups have tried to dehumanize Lou Dobbs and lie about him."

Dobbs, who claimed the "national liberal media" has in part created a hostile environment regarding immigration, said enduring such incidents has become a "way of life" for him.

"It's become a way of life the anger, the hate, the vitriol but it's taken a different tone where they've threatened my wife," he said Monday. "They've now fired a shot at my house while my wife was standing next to the car.

"It's become something else. And if anybody thinks we're not engaged in a battle for the soul of this country right now, you're sorely mistaken."
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    I say Kevlar siding for everyone!
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Its a bird, its a plane, it super house!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Fight crime...shoot back!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Fight crime...shoot back!
    Dobbs is pro-gun, but being in NJ he may not be able to shoot back.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Don't worry, Janet Napolitano will be on the case........................not.

I just read this on Fox News. Since Lou is so very pro-gun, anti illegal immigrant and anti-illegal immigrant amnesty, I just wonder how long it will be before he get fed up with the Liberal BS at CNN and jumps ship to FOX like Glenn Beck did.

I have liked Lou Dobbs for a long time. I hate that some scum bag has done this to him and his wife. I am sure the very network he works for will try to give this an anti-gun spin. Commies.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I just read this on Fox News. Since Lou is so very pro-gun, anti illegal immigrant and anti-illegal immigrant amnesty, I just wonder how long it will be before he get fed up with the Liberal BS at CNN and jumps ship to FOX like Glenn Beck did.

I have liked Lou Dobbs for a long time. I hate that some scum bag has done this to him and his wife. I am sure the very network he works for will try to give this an anti-gun spin. Commies.
    Well, first, Fox News is going to have to make him an offer. They already have Neil Cavuto as the primary business anchor and everyone loves him.

Plus, they just took on John Stossel & Don Imus.

But, I whole heartedly agree that Lou needs to be at Fox!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    That shot came from pretty far away or way from a pretty small caliber, maybe even a BB? They got hunting season near his house?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    That shot came from pretty far away or way from a pretty small caliber, maybe even a BB? They got hunting season near his house?
    Just like a liberal if they used a BB gun. But then again they probably thought it was lethal. Lou Dobbs has a shot gun, and I am pretty sure he would use it. Even living in a commie state.

Must have been a 9mm.

I think Lou Dobbs needs to start hiring armed security officers.

Links