Lucky store

Lucky store

This is a discussion on Lucky store within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Guard who shot 15-year-old robbery suspect says he had no choice Police say teen was robbing Dollar Store By Rosa Flores / 11 News HOUSTON ...

Thread: Lucky store

Lucky store

Guard who shot 15-year-old robbery suspect says he had no choice

Police say teen was robbing Dollar Store

By Rosa Flores / 11 News

HOUSTON – Security guard Archie Paige says his six years in the Marines and 25 years in law enforcement prepared him for a Dollar Store robbery that ended in gunfire.

Security Guard shoots robbery suspect

Rosa Flores talks with guard who shot 15-year-old robbery suspect
    Surveillance video of robbery View larger E-mail Clip More Video The Dollar Store owner hired Paige after the store was robbed at gunpoint four times by the same group of teens.

Police say one of the teens tried again on Tuesday, but this time he didn’t get away.

“I told him to drop his pistol and he turned his pistol toward me and I fired a shot,” said Paige.

Surveillance video shows the suspect walking into the store, pointing his gun at the clerk and demanding money.

Paige says he sprung into action when he heard the clerk screaming.

“When I heard her screaming, ‘Don’t shoot me. Don’t shoot me. You can take all the money. Don’t shoot me.’ That’s when I came around the corner with my 12-guage shotgun,” said Paige.

Paige said that he asked the 15-year-old suspect to drop his gun and lay on the floor.

“He kept reaching for his gun. I told him, 'Don’t reach for the gun or I’m going to shoot you.' He reached for his gun and I shot him again on his shoulder and still no reaction,” said Paige.

The teenage suspect has two bullet wounds, but he's expected to be OK.

No one else was hurt.

Shot twice with a shotgun and the thug still lived? How sad...

The security guard needs some shottie training.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Okay, what did he shoot him with #9shot? At inside ranges even #4shot will take grapefruit sized chunks out.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Security guard Archie Paige says his six years in the Marines and 25 years in law enforcement prepared him for a Dollar Store robbery that ended in gunfire.

I feel that the fact that he spent 6 years in the Marines and 25 years in law enforcement would have made him a better shot.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbp210 View Post
    Security guard Archie Paige says his six years in the Marines and 25 years in law enforcement prepared him for a Dollar Store robbery that ended in gunfire.

I feel that the fact that he spent 6 years in the Marines and 25 years in law enforcement would have made him a better shot.

Boy you guys are being a tad rough on the guard; these criminals are just a he11 of a lot tougher than they used to be.
    JK!

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Don't sound like USMC shooting skills to me.
    The views expressed above are the opinion of the poster and may or may not be total bunk.
    Viewer discretion is advised.

Well as usual seems all the facts are not in

“He kept reaching for his gun. I told him, 'Don’t reach for the gun or I’m going to shoot you.' He reached for his gun and I shot him again on his shoulder and still no reaction,” said Paige.
    The reported quote went from I'm going to shoot, to I shot him again. Facts and the media???

My question is why would you arm a guard with a shotgun for a first choice weapon in a store where the risk of hitting others is very high. I can only imagine they chose something that they hoped would be less than lethal but risk hitting bystanders.

Anywho, glad the punk got shot maybe he'll rethink his career choice.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    And the thief had "2 bullet wounds" so yeah the story needs a little polishing...

Former Marine and retired LEO. Anybody want to say, "Just a stupid security guard who can't get a real LEO job" now?

Hey 210 you got a link tot he story?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

who aims for the shoulder with a shotty?apparently his training in the Marines and Law Enforcement didn't stick cause I was taught shoot for COM
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    And the thief had "2 bullet wounds" so yeah the story needs a little polishing...

Former Marine and retired LEO. Anybody want to say, "Just a stupid security guard who can't get a real LEO job" now?

Hey 210 you got a link tot he story?
    Here is the link

Guard who shot 15-year-old robbery suspect says he had no choice | LOCAL NEWS | KHOU.com | News for Houston, Texas

Guard who shot 15-year-old robbery suspect says he had no choice | Houston | Texas News | Texas Cable News | TXCN.com | News for Texas

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Okay I watched the video....it was a shotgun, and he did hit him COM with one shot, and another shot in the shoulder. Still Im wondering what he was using for the guy to survive that. With in 20 feet a shotgun is just nasty, and this guy took two shots.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    Okay I watched the video....it was a shotgun, and he did hit him COM with one shot, and another shot in the shoulder. Still Im wondering what he was using for the guy to survive that. With in 20 feet a shotgun is just nasty, and this guy took two shots.
    I am thinking that the kid was drugged up.

Sponsored Links