This death might have easily been prevented (Merged)

This is a discussion on This death might have easily been prevented (Merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Canadian folk singer killed by coyotes, park official says - CNN.com...

Thread: This death might have easily been prevented (Merged)

This is a shocking story. I've heard of a couple instances where coyotes attacked small children, but to attack and kill an adult is really unusual.
    But now as I think about it, when I lived in Washington State I heard stories of packs of coyotes killing large dogs, and even new-born calves.
    So they are willing to take down larger 'prey'.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    This is a shocking story. I've heard of a couple instances where coyotes attacked small children, but to attack and kill an adult is really unusual.
    But now as I think about it, when I lived in Washington State I heard stories of packs of coyotes killing large dogs, and even new-born calves.
    So they are willing to take down larger 'prey'.
    I've always figured anything on 2, 4, or 100 legs would take down anything else if enough of them got hungry enough...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

What a shame...and this can happen almost anywhere.
    I don't understand why anyone would want to continue to live where the ability to defend yourself is illegal.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member

don't understand why anyone would

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    What a shame...and this can happen almost anywhere.
    I don't understand why anyone would want to continue to live where the ability to defend yourself is illegal.
    Retsupt, folks don't really have a great deal of choice about what country they live in as most countries make legal migration quite difficult.

Retsupt continued:" want to continue to live where the ability to defend yourself is illegal"

The US is one of the few places where there is a right (however hobbled or infringed) to use a firearm to defend yourself. That right is not available in most of the English speaking world other than the US.

People have limited choices in this regard, even in democratic countries where in theory the people could get the rules changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Retsupt, folks don't really have a great deal of choice about what country they live in as most countries make legal migration quite difficult.

Retsupt continued:" want to continue to live where the ability to defend yourself is illegal"

The US is one of the few places where there is a right (however hobbled or infringed) to use a firearm to defend yourself. That right is not available in most of the English speaking world other than the US.

People have limited choices in this regard, even in democratic countries where in theory the people could get the rules changed.
    Even in Brazil, A hiker can take his rifle or registered handgun in the Amazon forest and not worry about retribution. The only animals they have to worry about is Jaquars, Anacondas, Cayman Gators, and even cannabalistic indians. Why is Canada barring residents from defending themselves from bear, wolves, mountain lion, and coyote attacks.

Sponsored Links