This incident required a sidearm

This is a discussion on This incident required a sidearm within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Bark'n Holy cow! Talk about a close call! Good thing for him, he didn't panic. Maintained his composure and was able to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This incident required a sidearm

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Holy cow! Talk about a close call!

Good thing for him, he didn't panic. Maintained his composure and was able to save himself.

That was no less a lethal confrontation than a thug on the street with a knife pointed at you!
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    I think the guy closest to the camera and the cameraman could have both needed a change of underwear when that long gun came out pointed at them.

YEP!!^^^^^^^^^^Holy Smokes!!
    That was a sizeable hog

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
    His Holiness, the XIV Dalai Lama
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

2. Remove Ads

Glad the good doctor is going to be OK.

I'm a long time dedicated wild hog hunter. Have killed over 45 wild hogs this year alone, mostly with a .50 muzzleloader. Have been chased by wild hogs several times. One time I walked between a big sow and her pigs without knowing it. Another time a big wounded boar came after me. Was able to drop them with my first shot.

Wounded a sow a few years ago and she ran into a plum thicket. Went after her and she let out a blood curdling scream that is the hog distress call. In about one minute here came the cavalry in the form of a 225 pound boar hog. Luckily, my first shot dropped him DRT. Now I wear chainsaw chaps when going after wounded hogs.

Two years ago a local hog hunter was knocked down unexpectedly by a big sow who turned and came at him again. The guy was wearing a model 1911 on his leg; he pulled the .45 and nailed her. The sow died partly on top of him.

This boar hog killed one German hunter and cut up another one.

http://www.thelocal.de/society/20081010-14803.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links