My son had a close one

This is a discussion on My son had a close one within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by MoResident Already talked to him about the event. I didn't even have to tell him. He told me if he could do ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My son had a close one

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoResident View Post
    Already talked to him about the event. I didn't even have to tell him. He told me if he could do it differently, he would. It will be different from now on for him.
    It's one of those life experiences that change a person.
    Then he might have been killed in a fight. Some situations just suck, no matter who you are.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Be a good guy: check for friends and foes. Serve each accordingly. Make sure the young lady gets power, lights, and mobile or drive or walk her back to the store or home, etc.
    Thank you for taking some responsibility for the safety of your son, and thanks for posting this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Freakdaddy View Post
    True but MO also honors everyone elses permits. He could get a Maine non-resident permit and MO will honor it. You only have to be 18 for Maine's CCW. He would definitely want to carry a copy of MO's laws with him or other pertinent info in the event he was pulled over by a less than knowledgeable LEO. Here's a link:
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/maine.pdf
    I'd be speaking with a lawyer as well on that one given his age. There might be some very relevant age requirement laws regarding an 18 y/o in possession of a handgun. An ambitious DA may try to fry someone who tries to jump the curve by 5 years.

Talk about a huge can-o-worms in reciprocity agreements.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Carjacking In a Parking Lot

It seems to me that once you get to vehicle, and manage to get inside said vehicle, that locking the doors and inserting key in ignition and putting car in gear and driving off is a good way to prevent a carjacking in a Parking Lot.

It seems to me that the female in this thread was "busy" once she got into her vehicle. Another person managed to get into his vehicle and drive off at the same time. Why didn't she?

No, I'm not blaming the victim here. I'm just pointing out a way to reduce your odds of being a carjack victim.

Biker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links