Good for the CCW holder

This is a discussion on Good for the CCW holder within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Serial robber shot in self defense by concealed carry permit holder October 11, 7:04 PMSelf-Defense ExaminerEric Puryear Previous Next 45 comments Print Email RSS Subscribe ...

Thread: Good for the CCW holder

Good for the CCW holder

Serial robber shot in self defense by concealed carry permit holder
    October 11, 7:04 PMSelf-Defense ExaminerEric Puryear
    Previous Next
    45 comments Print Email RSS Subscribe
    Subscribe

Get alerts when there is a new article from the Self-Defense Examiner. Read Examiner.com's terms of use.
    Email Address

Include other special offers from Examiner.com
    Terms of Use

A Philadelphia, PA robber who victimized three people in a single night was fatally shot in self defense by his third victim.

Police say that a robber, who had already victimized two other people that evening, approached his third victim just after midnight. The robber reportedly shoved the victim against a vehicle, threatened him, and demanded money. The victim, who was armed for self defense, drew his handgun and shot the robber, ending the attack. A bystander called 911, and police arrived to find the robber dead and the victim unharmed. The victim had a concealed carry permit, and police say they do not expect any charges will be filed against the robbery victim.

Once again, concealed carry has allowed a law abiding person who was going about their peaceful business to defend themselves from unprovoked and violent attack. Had this man not been armed, he could have been harmed by the robber for not having enough money to steal, or perhaps just because the robber felt like harming someone that day. Make no mistake about it - robbery is a violent crime against a person’s body and life, not just a taking of their property. As such, robbery victims are legally and morally entitled to defend themselves with deadly force.

The city of Philadelphia also owes this man a debt of gratitude. He took a violent robber off the streets, preventing that criminal from ever harming another victim. We'll never know exactly how many more people this robber would have attacked over the years to come, but the fact that he robbed three people in a single day makes it clear that this armed crime victim has saved numerous future victims.

2. Remove Ads

This brings a tear to my eye...
    Another dirtbag whose luck finally ran out...never to bother another victim again, and no taxpayer expense for 'housing'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This proves that loving your neighbor by defending yourself even to the point of lethal force is a good thing. This robber had to be stopped before he robbed and maybe killed a large number of people. The use of lethal self defense may have saved others untold grief. The same thing is true of home invaders, if they will do it one time and get away there is nothing to stop them from doing it over and over. The armed homeowner who stops the home invader is very possibly saving his neighbor future grief and maybe even death.

Maybe you should send this to Diane Sawyer

“If you are wondering where are all the studies about the effectiveness of guns used by ordinary Americans for self-defense, well keep searching, we could not find one reliable study and the ones we found were contradictory.”

Good job on the part of the ccw holder
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Well done!
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Nicely written article as well.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

But wait, in Philly don't guns get the people who possess them killed?!
    So says the study from a month ago.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I love a story with a happy ending....
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

I was under the impression that Philly is a "NON CCW" city.
    In Pa we are forbiddin from carrying in schools,fed.buildings,courthouses,and inside the Philly city limits.maybe that last one should be revoked!

I don't suppose this made the local news, and if so, I'd like to read their slant on it.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by woodust View Post
    I was under the impression that Philly is a "NON CCW" city.
    In Pa we are forbiddin from carrying in schools,fed.buildings,courthouses,and inside the Philly city limits.maybe that last one should be revoked!
    Nope. There's nothing to revoke. Your PA LTCF is good throughout the Commonwealth. I think the "no carry in Philly" myth is a holdover from when PA was may issue. That was twenty years ago though, I'm surprised it's still going.

PA has a 'preemption' statute. Local governments can't prohibit-or even regulate-carry, transportation, or possession of firearms, ammunition, or ammunition components.

The only area of firearm law where Philly differs from the rest of PA is open carry. A license is required for OC in Philly. No license is required for OC anywhere else in PA.

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    Nope. There's nothing to revoke. Your PA LTCF is good throughout the Commonwealth. I think the "no carry in Philly" myth is a holdover from when PA was may issue. That was twenty years ago though, I'm surprised it's still going.

PA has a 'preemption' statute. Local governments can't prohibit-or even regulate-carry, transportation, or possession of firearms, ammunition, or ammunition components.
    Very true. I'll be CCW'ing (or LTCF'ing) when I go home this coming weekend.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    This brings a tear to my eye...
    Another dirtbag whose luck finally ran out...never to bother another victim again, and no taxpayer expense for 'housing'...

ret,
    You really are an old softie, are'nt you ?? heh heh heh

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links