Suv blocks woman at Cracker Barrell then makes her drive to atm.

This is a discussion on Suv blocks woman at Cracker Barrell then makes her drive to atm. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Rocky Mount, N.C. — Rocky Mount police are investigating reports of between one and three men in an SUV searching the parking lots of businesses ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rocky Mount, N.C. — Rocky Mount police are investigating reports of between one and three men in an SUV searching the parking lots of businesses for women to rob or defraud.

Police said the men have been driving either a black SUV or a 2007 midnight blue Kia Sorento, with N.C. license plate XNN 6802. They reportedly drive up to women in the parking lots of restaurants, grocery stores and other retail establishments and ask for money.

What to do if you are the victim of fraud or robbery

Investigators are trying to determine if a common-law robbery on Wednesday evening is linked.

A woman told police she was waiting in the parking lot of a Cracker Barrel, 238 Enterprise Drive, while her daughter applied for a job around 6:15 p.m.

She noticed an SUV, possibly an Isuzu, circling the lot, police said. The SUV pulled in front of her, blocking her in, and a man got out. Police said the woman got out of her vehicle, and the man asked her for money. She told him she didn't have any cash.

A second man then got out of the SUV and told her to listen to the first man and follow him to the gas station, police said. He got into the back seat of her vehicle, and fearing for her safety, she followed the men's SUV to a Hess station on English Road and bought them $20 of gas.

The men then drove away, going west on English Road, police said.

If you observe any suspicious activity such as that described above, contact Rocky Mount police immediately at 252-972-1411 or call 911 for emergencies.

Anyone who needs to report fraud should contact lead investigator Detective Tim Hathaway at 252-972-1463.

Copyright 2009 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Never would I have followed them anywhere because he would have been looking down the barrell of my 9mm which I carry in the door of my vehicle or the barrell of my 380 which I carry on my hip. My doors would have been locked and I would have never gotten out of my car. This could have turned out so bad.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Update, bg were caught from reports I have heard. But this is going on a lot around our area.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Dirt bags.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

VIP Member
    The wolves are forever finding new ways to find and prey on victims, good that they were caught, now only if they get some serious jail time instead of the usual slap on the wrist.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Why did she get out of her vehicle?!

What did she think she was going to say or do.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Why did she get out of her vehicle?!

What did she think she was going to say or do.

- Janq

That is easy! Baaaahaaa
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

That is very odd. Right on the verge of a kidnapping, but for $20 of gas? Strange, strange stuff.

Seriously though.

I am a grown man, and go everywhere armed.
    And I know how to scrap.
    Still I would not get out of my vehicle for this occasion.

I'd go to condition amber (red & yellow mixed) and by that start my car as well as remove the seatbelt, readying myself for interaction.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Thaqt lady did everything wrong,got out of her car,drove off with a stranger in her vehicle,she shoulda locked her doors and called 911 and if no cell phone honked her horn repeatedly
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Just makes you think.... would the outcome of been any different if she was armed?

I think if she would of shot the guys she would be in trouble because they didnt have a weapon. So maybe drawing on them would of worked?? But then again they say your gun should never be drawn unless its time to shoot.

What do you guys think?

No shooting necessary, nor justifiable.

Stay her butt in the car and sit there, engine on (!) ready to ram if necessary toward escape (wheels cut hard toward the opposing cars lightest point which is the back end on most vehicles)...Or to use the car itself as a defense weapon against the soft bodies of those who had engaged her.

- Janq

Um, if anyone thinks blocking me in is a good idea, they better be ready to be rammed repeatedly. At that point, I have nothing to lose.

Stay in the car, engine running, on the phone with 911, ready to jump the curb or back into the BGs if the situation warrants. Stay the xxxx in the car.
    oldogy
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Tis is one of the reasons I look for parking places where I canpark without another car nose-in in front of me. I look for spots along a curb, not opposing another vehicle.
    Parking curbs are only speed bumps for my Bronco
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

She was driving a 3,000 pound weapon, she should have used it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links