London Mayor saves a woman from an attack

This is a discussion on London Mayor saves a woman from an attack within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; London mayor shows chivalry not dead in bike rescue - Yahoo! News I wonder if he is going to be charge with picking up the ...

Thread: London Mayor saves a woman from an attack

Senior Moderator

London mayor shows chivalry not dead in bike rescue - Yahoo! News

I wonder if he is going to be charge with picking up the iron bar and chasing the gang that attacked the lady?
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

A fine question that is too, as based on results toward other peoples cases there.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I say His Honor the Mayor should be forced to make whole the frightened and fearful criminal that was forced to flee. He did afterall interfere with their criminals monetary enterprise.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Now let the Mayor go bankrupt and serve prison time. They created the mess they are in, so it's only fitting that the politicians partake of it too. Then maybe the empire can rise to a portion of past held greatness.

Biker
    Last edited by BikerRN; November 4th, 2009 at 03:58 PM. Reason: typo.spelling

Senior Moderator
    A further question what does it mean when a society can not defend itself?

and then there is this:
    Parents banned from supervising their own children in playgrounds... in case they are paedophiles | Mail Online
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

A female trouble making gang, eh? Interesting.

Also, what is this insanity? What a vigilante! I mean, my god, the last thing we need are people carrying around iron bars, victimizing poor, innocent, violent criminals! The mayor should be sent to prison for life! Standing up for an innocent? Sort of defending himself? TERRIBLE crimes. We also need to ban any mention of this story in the media to prevent such dangerous thoughts such as "taking care of yourself," "individualism," and "basic rights" from spreading among the people.

I think you are right, Pgrass. I think the good Mayor should face the same justice his loyal subjects would have to face in such circumstances.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    I think you are right, Pgrass. I think the good Mayor should face the same justice his loyal subjects would have to face in such circumstances.....
    Hey leave Boris Alone!!

For once he is one of the good guys...... Very high IQ, comes over as a bit of a blond buffoon, but as sharp as nails!!
    I think you might see a bit of pressure put on the tories when they get in to increase our self defence laws, Boris was an MP and stepped down to take on the Mayors role, he kicked a no-good Red *** out of office (Ken Livingston)
    Ken was the sort of chappie you would love to use for target practice, see here Liberal Conspiracy Ken Livingstone’s report on Islamophobia

He loved to waste taxpayers money, hated cars (does not even drive) Your embassy in London has refused to pay his congestion charge and currently owe £3.5m GBP, we are not so fortunate to avoid this charge.

So leave Boris alone
    All the rest are fair game

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    A further question what does it mean when a society can not defend itself?

and then there is this:
    Parents banned from supervising their own children in playgrounds... in case they are paedophiles | Mail Online
    Between this and the OP, I'd be leaving the country. i wonder when there will actually be a 'revolt'?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sorry TintBob, but I agree, regardless if he is one of the good guys, he still needs to face the same procedures and charges that anyone else would face.

If there is enough of an uproar over a well liked public figure being hung out to dry because of a law that should not exist, then maybe they will do away with said law.

He should not be given a freebie because of his office.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Sorry TintBob, but I agree, regardless if he is one of the good guys, he still needs to face the same procedures and charges that anyone else would face.

If there is enough of an uproar over a well liked public figure being hung out to dry because of a law that should not exist, then maybe they will do away with said law.

He should not be given a freebie because of his office.
    Much as one is discouraged from self defence (ie you cannot prepare or arm yourself) you can defend yourself or come to anothers aid.
    If it went down as reported (and I see no reason why it wouldn't be reported correctly) Boris will have no charges whatsoever filed against him.
    We recently had 2 women attacked as they walked thru a shopping mail, turned out the women were guys, and very fit cage fighters
    I should point out they were on the way to a fancy dress party

They put the 2 guys down very quickly...All on CCTV
    Cross Dressing Cage Fighter Video: Yobs Floored After Attacking Hard Men In Drag | UK News | Sky News

You will be pleased to know that no charges were brought against the cage fighters.

Tint Bob UK

Sponsored Links