Mass Shooting at Ft. Hood Texas Army Base (Merged) - Updated

This is a discussion on Mass Shooting at Ft. Hood Texas Army Base (Merged) - Updated within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; who are just terrified of feeling that they might be rushing to judgement, may God be with you, (and myself) if we ever are challenged ...

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting at Ft. Hood Texas Army Base (Merged) - Updated

And to those.....

who are just terrified of feeling that they might be rushing to judgement, may God be with you, (and myself) if we ever are challenged with the question of should we draw,fire/not draw, fire.

Evidence beyond a reasonable doubt sometimes can arrive, or be realized too late. One must place much weight on a 'preponderance of evidence', oft times, in order to survive. And why worry about a rush to judgement? The cretin is a terrorist on humanity at large at the very least!
    Last edited by carry ok; November 10th, 2009 at 07:14 AM.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

2. Remove Ads

Worthy of a load.....

Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    General Casey and Janet Napolitano have both come out and stated that their most imminent fear is the safety of muslims living in America.

of barf. As Charles Krauthammer said on Fox Special Report tonight,moments ago, (paraphrase) 'why be concerned about the safety of Muslims in America, when has a mass murder spree happened against them here?' Conversely, this imbecilic cretin, Hasan, singlehandedly accomplished just such a 'spree' against Americans. I believe I can perceive where Obama's empathies lie. I am not surprised. Neither am I prejudiced against his enthnicity, genetics, etcetera. What I am is a tourqued off American patriot. To Hades with political sensitivities, correctness, and milktoast, imbecilic, self styled 'tolerant' elitists in their own minds, jerks! If that is too opinionated for this forum or any reader/poster, get over yourself. Moderator, if you feel it necessary to ban me, it is ok. I will survive!
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Galligan asked investigators not to question his client and expressed doubt that the suspect would be able to get a fair trial, given the widespread attention to the case.

He was stopped in the act of shooting down unarmed people, witnessed by many. I wonder what inherent unfairness is being referred to?

He can't possibly think the basic facts were unfair to his client, since his client was caught in the act of executing others; or that he was disarmed while shooting at others; or that he was documented as threatening others; or that he was witnessed appealing to Allah as he did those crimes. None of which would change if he were 17yrs of age, or born in Rhodesia, or had no father when young, or was an atheist (other than, perhaps, the appeal to Allah).

The arguments will be good. I hope the trial transcript is published. I doubt it, but we'll see.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Originally Posted by larefugee
    Since the shooter is military, what's the due process here? Can they run him through a court martial and then take him out back to face a firing squad?
    IMO--You'd have a much better chance of seeing him executed if you turned the case over to the Republic of Tejas.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

They'll probably try to get an insanity plea. Some secondary effects of the post traumatic stress with other soldiers that he was dealing with...some bs like that
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    Galligan asked investigators not to question his client and expressed doubt that the suspect would be able to get a fair trial, given the widespread attention to the case.
    Well to insure a fair trial how about a change in venue, say the middle of the Atlantic Ocean in a leaking life raft.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

FORT HOOD, Texas - A radical American imam on Yemen's most wanted militant list who had contact with two 9/11 hijackers on Monday praised alleged Fort Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan as a hero on his personal Web site.

The posting on the Web site for Anwar al Awlaki, who was a spiritual leader at two mosques where three 9/11 hijackers worshipped, said American Muslims who condemned the attacks on the Texas military base last week are hypocrites who have committed treason against their religion.

Awlaki said the only way a Muslim can justify serving in the U.S. military is if he intends to "follow in the footsteps of men like Nidal."
    "Nidal Hassan (sic) is a hero. He is a man of conscience who could not bear living the contradiction of being a Muslim and serving in an army that is fighting against his own people," Awlaki wrote.

This is the kind of guy the war on terrorism should be targeting. His house should blow up, he could have a poisoned drink, catch a bullet from 500 yards away during a walk...something. When guys like this talk, the brainwashed listen.

I believe the attack at Fort Hood is just the beginning. Churches are another very soft target as are school for these twisted individuals. I look for them to come in fire teams of three and try to do maxim damage.

These are only my thoughts and gut feelings probably should not even post this as it might give these monsters some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    I believe the attack at Fort Hood is just the beginning. Churches are another very soft target as are school for these twisted individuals. I look for them to come in fire teams of three and try to do maxim damage.

These are only my thoughts and gut feelings probably should not even post this as it might give these monsters some ideas.
    Well said my friend! The Politically Correct Polluted mines Look the other way and those in High Command and even futher up, know it has been open season on AMERICA for along time and will continue.

Now, somebody of the Highest Command is going to show up at the memorial service. That is like Bill Clinton bowing at the Viet Nam Memorial Wall, what a Joke! God have mercy on us! God have mercy on and comfort those families! Please God give them your loving Grace in these days!

As far as the Shooter is concerned there is no need for a trial, just get a rope! Stop Stalling!

There is guy with the Puppet that so funny. Rather risque to hear but he has the only Good Terrorist around, Acmed the Dead Terrorist!

Stay Safe folks
    God Bless America

Boze
    Boze
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to, this is the last stand on earth." Ronald Reagan

"Gentlemen, Prepare to defend yourselves" SGM Basil Plumley

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    I believe the attack at Fort Hood is just the beginning. Churches are another very soft target as are school ...
    School, church, any busy street corner, farmer's market, grocery store at "rush hour," a large office building at "quitting" time as everyone streams out through the lobby area, a 10K running race at the start, Home Depot at 10am on a Saturday morning, etc. There are a dozen places within 5mi of my home that would be prime hunting grounds for a psychopath looking to quickly kill 10+ people.

Why it doesn't happen more frequently isn't because of security precautions, that's for sure.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by carry ok View Post
    of barf. As Charles Krauthammer said on Fox Special Report tonight,moments ago, (paraphrase) 'why be concerned about the safety of Muslims in America, when has a mass murder spree happened against them here?' Conversely, this imbecilic cretin, Hasan, singlehandedly accomplished just such a 'spree' against Americans. I believe I can perceive where Obama's empathies lie. I am not surprised. Neither am I prejudiced against his enthnicity, genetics, etcetera. What I am is a tourqued off American patriot. To Hades with political sensitivities, correctness, and milktoast, imbecilic, self styled 'tolerant' elitists in their own minds, jerks! If that is too opinionated for this forum or any reader/poster, get over yourself. Moderator, if you feel it necessary to ban me, it is ok. I will survive!

A man who reportedly visited Al-Qaeda web sites in an attempt to contact our enemies ... then barged into a building with the intent to murder unarmed soldiers on their way to fight Muslim extremist. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's not a horse!

Do I believe that every Muslim is a terrorist? No. But, this scumbag fits my description of a religious zealot terrorist.

Home | Fighting Radical Islam
    Last edited by AWDeanSr; November 10th, 2009 at 12:08 AM. Reason: brain dead
    1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Something in my gut says there is lots and lots more of these twisted religious zealots willing to do even more bloody things in our country. Hope government is on this or we could be in very big trouble.

I'm personally grateful Wife and I both have CHL and carry. It may come down to folks that carry who stop these monsters in the act of mass murder.

Most civilian targets would not be as soft as the unarmed soldiers at Fort Hood. In any crowd where it it is legal to carry there will be some who are carrying and willing to act.

November 9, 2009 11:46 p.m. EST
    Fort Hood, Texas (CNN) --
    The suspect, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, remained in intensive care at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas. In a statement issued Monday night, the FBI said its investigation so far "indicates that the alleged gunman acted alone and was not part of a broader terrorist plot."................

This isn't posted for the proposal made in mid-article, but for the major point: the over-all reflections offered on murder.

Murder has no religion
    By Arsalan Iftikhar, Special to CNN
    November 9, 2009 12:30 p.m. EST

Editor's Note: Arsalan Iftikhar is an international human rights lawyer, founder of TheMuslimGuy.com, and contributing editor forIslamica magazine in Washington.

Washington (CNN) -- Most of the world's 1.57 billion Muslims know that the Holy Quran states quite clearly that, "Anyone who kills a human being ... it shall be as though he has killed all of mankind. ... If anyone saves a life, it shall be as though he has saved the lives of all of mankind."
    Accordingly, it should come as little surprise to any reasonable observer that when Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan recently committed his shocking acts of mass murder at Fort Hood, Texas, America's Muslim community of over 7 million felt an added sense of horror and sadness at this senseless attack against the brave men and women of the U.S. armed forces.

True to form, many conservative media pundits wasted little time in pointing to reports that Hasan had said "Allahu Akbar" (Arabic for "God is great") at the start of his murderous rampage. News coverage continuously showed the looping convenience store black-and-white videotape footage of Hasan wearing traditional white Islamic garb.
    First of all, someone simply saying "Allahu Akbar" while committing an act of mass murder no more makes their criminal act "Islamic" than a Christian uttering the "Hail Mary" while murdering an abortion medical provider, or someone chanting "Onward, Christian Soldiers" while bombing a gay nightclub, would make their act "Christian" in nature.
    Simply put; murder is murder and has no religion whatsoever.
    Professor Juan Cole of the University of Michigan once wrote that, "One most certainly does insult Muslims by tying their religion to movements such as terrorism or fascism. Muslims perceive a double standard in this regard: Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols would never be called 'Christian terrorists' even though they were in close contact with the Christian Identity Movement. No one would speak of Christo-fascism or Judeo-fascism as the Republican[s] ... speak of Islam-o-fascism. ... [Many people also] point out that [it was] persons of Christian heritage [who] invented fascism, not Muslims."
    According to Pentagon statistics, there were over 3,400 American Muslims serving in the active-duty military as of April 2008. The Wall Street Journal reported that many officials believe "the actual number of [American] Muslim soldiers may be at least 10,000 higher than the Pentagon statistics."
    Thus, with thousands of patriotic American Muslim women and men proudly serving in our United States Army in places like Iraq and Afghanistan, perhaps it would behoove our army leaders to consider sending a strong message of American unity by appointing an American Muslim to be a part of the prosecution team against Hasan.
    This would help show that the mass murders allegedly committed by Hasan have nothing to do with the teachings of our religion.
    The United States Army can send a resounding message to all Americans and the rest of the world that the social fabric of our country will never become unraveled by murderous (and irreligious) gun-wielding felons -- whether it is a Muslim in Fort Hood, Texas, or a non-Muslim on a shooting rampage in an Orlando, Florida, high-rise less than a day later.
    By appointing a multicultural (and multireligious) legal prosecution team made up of military lawyers of all races and religions, we can set a good example to show the rest of the world that our American legal justice system is truly equal for all people, regardless of their race, religion or socioeconomic status.
    The larger point is that Muslims in America completely disavow and wash our hands of any acts of murder (or terrorism) claimed to be performed in the name of our religion. Acts of mass murder, regardless of their time or place, are simply ungodly criminal acts that have no religion whatsoever.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Arsalan Iftikhar.

Call me a cynic, but I expect two responses from the military:

1) New religious sensitivity training so we don't offend those like Hasan

2) Increased restrictions on weapons ownership
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Links