Mass Shooting at Ft. Hood Texas Army Base (Merged) - Updated - Page 6

Mass Shooting at Ft. Hood Texas Army Base (Merged) - Updated

This is a discussion on Mass Shooting at Ft. Hood Texas Army Base (Merged) - Updated within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by carry ok that Hasan is still alive. What a travesty. Please post a link for your source. Every source I find says ...

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by carry ok View Post
    that Hasan is still alive. What a travesty.
    Please post a link for your source. Every source I find says that the Major is dead.
    Just remember: When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Damion View Post
    He is still alive
    Switch his IV to bacon grease...

I'm glad the president is going to 'look into this'......he should be setting the stage for a quick military trial and then a quick firing squad. Then toss the bodies to the hogs. I take that back, no one should force hogs to eat that kind of trash.

Our thoughts and prayers go to the families of the killed and wounded soldiers.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Switch his IV to bacon grease...

I'm glad the president is going to 'look into this'......he should be setting the stage for a quick military trial and then a quick firing squad. Then toss the bodies to the hogs. I take that back, no one should force hogs to eat that kind of trash.

Our thoughts and prayers go to the families of the killed and wounded soldiers.
    LOL FORCE FEED HIM BACON AND HAM LOL

Since the shooter is military, what's the due process here? Can they run him through a court martial and then take him out back to face a firing squad?

Another "Gun Free Zone" - another mass killing!
    When will they ever learn?

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by larefugee View Post
    Since the shooter is military, what's the due process here? Can they run him through a court martial and then take him out back to face a firing squad?
    The US Armed Forces has not put anyone to death in a long time. I really dont see this being any different. To my knowledge, they do put service members on death row, they just never carry out the final process.

What can happen is he can be charged under the UCMJ for such actions and placed into a military prison as a Private for how ever long his sentencing is.

The US Armed Forces has not put anyone to death in a long time. I really dont see this being any different. To my knowledge, they do put service members on death row, they just never carry out the final process.
    Very true. A Marine was sentenced to death for cutting his babys throat in front of his wife many years ago. The sentence was never carried out.

The more I watch this, the more I am in utter disbelief! DOD paid for this Major's education. WOW!
    “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” Thomas Paine

"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious". Sun Tzu

Apparently Maj. Nidal Hasan was not known to be overly interested in handguns. If you believe his cousin, he didn't like going to the firing range. Yet with two handguns he kills 12 people and wounds as many as 21 others in a very short period of time. They haven't said what handguns he used, but assuming normal clips, he had to reload both guns. Any theory on how this could be? I'm hoping none of the wounded were accidental collateral damage when the female LEO showed up and wounded the *******. (So sorry about the 72 virgins, Nidal. Hey, where have I heard that name before? Oh, yeah, Abu Nidal.)
    Ruger LCP
    KelTec P11
    Ruger P89
    Taurus M380

Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    Cowardice? I am not sure that this isn't simply another workplace shooting by an unhappy employee.
    What would be cowardice in your opinion?

If he wasn't Muslim...
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

FORT HOOD, Texas – An Army psychiatrist set to be shipped overseas opened fire at the Fort Hood Army post Thursday, authorities said, a rampage that killed 12 people and left 31 wounded in the worst mass shooting ever at a military base in the United States.

The gunman, first said to have been killed, was wounded but alive and in stable condition under military guard, said Lt. Gen. Bob Cone at Fort Hood. "I would say his death is not imminent," Cone said. Col. Ben Danner said the suspect was shot four times and was in critical condition.

The man was identified as Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, a 39-year-old from Virginia.

President Barack Obama called the shooting at the Soldier Readiness Center, where soldiers who are about to be deployed or who are returning undergo medical screening, "a horrific outburst of violence."

"It's difficult enough when we lose these brave Americans in battles overseas," the commander in chief said. "It is horrifying that they should come under fire at an Army base on American soil."

There was no official word on motive. Hasan had transferred to Fort Hood in July from Walter Reed Medical Center, where he received a poor performance evaluation, according to an official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case publicly.

Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, said generals at Fort Hood told her that Hasan was about to deploy overseas. Retired Col. Terry Lee, who said he had worked with Hasan, told Fox News he was being sent to Afghanistan.

Lee said Hasan had hoped Obama would pull troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq and got into frequent arguments with others in the military who supported the wars.

Faizul Khan, a former imam at a mosque Hasan attended in Silver Spring, Md., said he spoke often with Hasan about how Hasan wanted to find a wife. Hasan was a lifelong Muslim and attended prayers regularly, often in his Army uniform, Khan said.

The shooter used two pistols, one of them semiautomatic. Neither were military-issued, Danner said.

Video from the scene showed police patrolling the area with handguns and rifles, ducking behind buildings for cover. Sirens could be heard wailing while a woman's voice on a public-address system urged people to take cover.

"I was confused and just shocked," said Spc. Jerry Richard, 27, who works at the center but was not on duty during the shooting. "Overseas you are ready for it. But here you can't even defend yourself."

Soldiers at Fort Hood don't carry weapons unless they are doing training exercises.

The Rev. Greg Schannep was about to head into a graduation ceremony when a man in uniform approached him, warning him that someone had opened fire. Schannep heard three volleys of gunfire and saw people running.

"There was a burst of shots and more bursts of shots and people running everywhere," said Schannep, who works for local Congressman John Carter.

The uniformed man who had warned him ran to the theater. Schannep said he could see the man's back was bloodied from a wound. The man survived, was treated and will be fine, Schannep said.

Cone said initially three people were held, and all have been interviewed. Authorities believe, however, that there was a single shooter.

The Soldier Readiness Center holds hundreds of people and is one of the most populated parts of the base, said Steve Moore, a spokesman for III Corps at Fort Hood. Nearby there are barracks and a food center where there are fast food chains.

The wounded were dispersed among hospitals in central Texas, Cone said. Their identities, and the identities of the dead, were not immediately released.

Amber Bahr, 19, was shot in the stomach but was in stable condition, said her mother, Lisa Pfund of Random Lake, Wis.

"We know nothing, just that she was shot in the belly," Pfund told The Associated Press. She couldn't provide more details and only spoke with emergency personnel.

Hasan, whose family said he was born in suburban Washington, is single with no children. He graduated from Virginia Tech, where he was a member of the ROTC and earned a bachelor's degree in biochemistry in 1997. He received his medical degree from the military's Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Md., in 2001 and was at Walter Reed for six years for his internship, residency and a fellowship.

"We are shocked and saddened by the terrible events at Fort Hood today," his cousin, Nadar Hasan, said in a statement issued on behalf of their family. "We send the families of the victims our most heartfelt sympathies."

The attack happened just down the road from one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history. On Oct. 16, 1991, George Hennard smashed his pickup truck through a Luby's Cafeteria window in Killeen, Texas, and fired on the lunchtime crowd with a high-powered pistol, killing 22 people and wounding at least 20 others.

No other shooting at a military base in the U.S. has been anywhere near as deadly as Thursday's. In 1993, a gunman at Fort Knox shot five civilian co-workers, killing three, and then fatally shot himself.

Around the country, some bases stepped up security precautions, but no others were locked down.

Covering 339 square miles, Fort Hood is the largest active duty armored post in the United States. Home to about 52,000 troops as of earlier this year, it is located halfway between Austin and Waco.

This report states that none of the weapons he used was Military issued.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppa48 View Post
    We wouldn't wamt to forget the terrorists(home grown) that bombed the federal building in Oklahoma no would we?
    Bigpoppa,

I chose my words with great care, a mass shooting requires at least one GUNMAN. Timothy McVeigh has never been accused of shooting anyone as far as I know.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

I just woke up and found out about this. I'm not sure whether I feel more anger or sadness over this. May God have mercy on the unfortunate souls who were lost today.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Anybody have any Reliable intel on this that did not derive from the media, speculation, or "I know a guy who knows a guy"?

Everyone needs to step back on your presumptions and consider the source of the information.

The only thing that we know to be a fact is that there was a shooting on a military base that resulted in numerous deaths and injuries.

We might know the name of the shooter... at least what the military says is the name of the shooter - like the military always releases the actual facts.

We absolutely do not know why the shooting happened. More than likely we will never know. We will be given some story to drink and accept it.

I refuse to speculate on the motives. I will absolutely not assume that because the name of the shooter (as far as we know) has Arabic origins, that he was of a religious sect.

I know lots of people that have last names that end with "ski" that are neither Russian, Polish or Jewish. I know lots of people with German names that are not Nazis. I know a lot of southern people that are not rednecks or members of the KKK.

Horrible incident.

...Or maybe a military person who targeted individuals who were convicted of treason, sedition, atrocities against innocents that were not receiving punishment they deserved. Maybe the targets were POWs not being routed to Guantanamo Bay. Hmmmm...that would change the spin on this a bit.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Links