British Man Killed, Texas

British Man Killed, Texas

This is a discussion on British Man Killed, Texas within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A man has been arrested after a 19-hour manhunt to find the killer of a British man shot dead in a Texas bar. Man Held ...

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: British Man Killed, Texas

  1. #1
    Member Array Tint Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sussex UK
    Posts
    187

    Thumbs down British Man Killed, Texas

    A man has been arrested after a 19-hour manhunt to find the killer of a British man shot dead in a Texas bar.

    Man Held After British Man Thomas George Reeve Is Shot Dead In Unprovoked Texas Bar Attack | World News | Sky News

    Tint Bob (UK)


  2. #2
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    45,500
    The story from the above link...

    Man Held After Brit Shot Dead In Texas Bar
    3:45pm UK, Saturday November 07, 2009
    Joe Braidwood, Sky News Online
    A man has been arrested after a 19-hour manhunt to find the killer of a British man shot dead in a Texas bar.


    The Spotted Pony bar in Amarillo and alleged killer Ray Carlos Cisneros
    Thomas Reeve, 28, was fatally wounded in what appeared to be an unprovoked attack at the Spotted Pony Lounge in Amarillo, northwest Texas.
    Ray Cisneros stormed into the nightclub on Thursday night and fired shots at Mr Reeve, police said.
    Mr Reeve was taken to a nearby hospital where died died soon after his arrival.
    It is alleged 25-year-old Cisneros also shot another man at the bar before robbing other patrons and sexually assaulting a woman.

    Amarillo, Texas
    The other gun victim, an American man aged 48, was shot in the hand and survived.
    Police sergeant Kevin Dockery told the Amarillo Globe-News the episode lasted less than five minutes.
    He did not believe the incident was related to gangs or a drug deal.
    Mr Reeve had rented a car in California and stopped in Amarillo on his way to Florida, Mr Dockery added.
    A Foreign Office spokeswoman said: "We can confirm the death of Thomas Reeve. We are providing consular assistance to the family."

    The cops messed this one up...they brought him in 'alive'. IMHO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array wmhawth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Western Colorado
    Posts
    4,560
    The Brits I have spoken to about our gun laws vs theirs all seem to think we are a bit crazy over here. Sadly, an incident like this just feeds into the notion and further bolsters British anti gun opinion. I hope the perpetrator of this crime fries.

  4. #4
    Member Array Tint Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sussex UK
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    The Brits I have spoken to about our gun laws vs theirs all seem to think we are a bit crazy over here. Sadly, an incident like this just feeds into the notion and further bolsters British anti gun opinion. I hope the perpetrator of this crime fries.
    Sadly you are correct, they have been brainwashed into thinking the state will look after them.
    Talking to my old boot camp cpl the other day about the US and CCW, his words "I would not feel comfortable knowing there were people armed around me"
    and this from a guy who taught me how to use my rifle etc etc

  5. #5
    Member Array Tint Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sussex UK
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I hope the perpetrator of this crime fries.
    I think when brits have been killed in the past (USA) the States involved have gone balls out to find the killers, remember the brits spend a shed-load of cash in the US every year...Not good for business old boy!!

  6. #6
    VIP Member
    Array msgt/ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,759
    The other gun victim, an American man aged 48
    The so-called reporter just had to insert his own bias into the article. [/rant]
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

  7. #7
    VIP Member
    Array 64zebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Panhandle of Texas
    Posts
    6,461
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The cops messed this one up...they brought him in 'alive'. IMHO
    well Ret, if he'd presented anything we would have done differently, we had some good work done by officers to put puzzle pieces together in the field and track down the shooter and his buddy

    this happened on 'my side of town'
    the poor victim was on a cross country trip, had just checked into a nearby hotel and was NOT drinking, just relaxing with his friends
    this guy came in completely out of the blue and just started randomly shooting, held everyone at gun point, robbed the bar and patrons, he even committed a sexual assault with his other hand while behind the bar
    2 of my buddies were trying to resuscitate the guy shot in the chest but he was pronounced DOA, other guy had part of his hand blown off

    ....and this all occurred in another good ole gun free zone....3rd deg felony to carry in the bar
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

  8. #8
    VIP Member Array gottabkiddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    7,076
    Gun free Zones are just free fire Zones IMO....... When are we gonna learn.


    Bad guys know that they have a better chance to kill as many innocent victims as possible, because of the so called Gun Free Zone..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

  9. #9
    Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Near Hotlanta!!
    Posts
    1,340
    They will not BAN guns in our country. Unlike UK we are aware that it is our duty to rise in arms to fend off the oppressive.

    Anyways if they Ban guns in our country, as I sense the fear in alot of threads on this board, I will simply become one of the evil gun toting bad guys. My life is worth more to me than any government law can devalue through legislation.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

  10. #10
    VIP Member
    Array 64zebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Panhandle of Texas
    Posts
    6,461

    Update

    Accused Killer's Mother Speaks To NewsChannel 10 - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo, TX: newschannel10.com

    Not a monstrous killer, but a loving family man is how an accused murderer's mother describes her son.

    Because of the international attention the Spotted Pony Lounge murder has received, NewsChannel 10 sat down exclusively with Ray Carlos Cisneros' mother in Lubbock Wednesday to share her message to Amarillo, and the rest of the world.

    Debbie Holguin says her son's intentions never were to kill anyone, and that had it not been for a stranger who had just come into Cisneros' life, Thursday night's events never would have happened.

    Holguin paints a very different picture of her son than a person who committed murder, sexual assault, and aggravated assault last week.

    She says R.C., as she calls him, is a loving husband and father to an eight year old girl.

    So, she was shocked when she saw him behind bars. Holguin says, "he just said mom I did not kill anyone, they charged me with capital murder, I said I know, and he said I didn't kill anyone."

    Cisneros and his family have no ties to Amarillo, and his mother says a recent acquaintance named Zeke brought Cisneros here that night.

    She says, "if it wasn't for Zeke, my son wouldn't have been in the situation."

    Holguin adds her son was high on meth when it happened, and in his right mind would never have committed a crime.

    But Amarillo police have a different take.

    Lieutenant Gary Trupe says, "it's more than obvious he went in there that night to commit a robbery and I'm assuming he tried to control the situation by using a gun."

    Lt. Trupe says more charges could be coming for Cisneros.

    As for the family of the victim, England native Thomas Reeve, Holguin offers her condolences:

    "I am so sorry for what happened to her son because I have a son. I have two sons, and to have your son taken away from you is a tragedy."

    Lt. Trupe says police are still actively investigating last Thursday's murder, and are looking for that possible accomplice. He also says more charges are on the way for Cisneros, stemming from the alleged assaults he committed that same night at the Spotted Pony.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

  11. #11
    New Member Array S4gunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    13
    Methhead, Loving husband, and (loving) father to an 8yr old girl?
    I find it amazing that people can say this with such a straight face.
    -g

  12. #12
    Senior Member Array CEW58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    797
    I hope Texas fries him.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

    Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array mojust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Willimantic Connecticut
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    Accused Killer's Mother Speaks To NewsChannel 10 - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo, TX: newschannel10.com

    Not a monstrous killer, but a loving family man is how an accused murderer's mother describes her son.

    Because of the international attention the Spotted Pony Lounge murder has received, NewsChannel 10 sat down exclusively with Ray Carlos Cisneros' mother in Lubbock Wednesday to share her message to Amarillo, and the rest of the world.

    Debbie Holguin says her son's intentions never were to kill anyone, and that had it not been for a stranger who had just come into Cisneros' life, Thursday night's events never would have happened.

    Holguin paints a very different picture of her son than a person who committed murder, sexual assault, and aggravated assault last week.

    She says R.C., as she calls him, is a loving husband and father to an eight year old girl.

    So, she was shocked when she saw him behind bars. Holguin says, "he just said mom I did not kill anyone, they charged me with capital murder, I said I know, and he said I didn't kill anyone."

    Cisneros and his family have no ties to Amarillo, and his mother says a recent acquaintance named Zeke brought Cisneros here that night.

    She says, "if it wasn't for Zeke, my son wouldn't have been in the situation."

    Holguin adds her son was high on meth when it happened, and in his right mind would never have committed a crime.

    But Amarillo police have a different take.

    Lieutenant Gary Trupe says, "it's more than obvious he went in there that night to commit a robbery and I'm assuming he tried to control the situation by using a gun."

    Lt. Trupe says more charges could be coming for Cisneros.

    As for the family of the victim, England native Thomas Reeve, Holguin offers her condolences:

    "I am so sorry for what happened to her son because I have a son. I have two sons, and to have your son taken away from you is a tragedy."

    Lt. Trupe says police are still actively investigating last Thursday's murder, and are looking for that possible accomplice. He also says more charges are on the way for Cisneros, stemming from the alleged assaults he committed that same night at the Spotted Pony.
    Yeah, right mom.
    Sig 226, 228. Glock 19, 23. Smith Model 60,and 1911. XD45 Tactical. Mossberg 930 SPX.

    How we behave as gun owners is important. Posturing and threatening does not serve us well in the public eye.

  14. #14
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,179
    I'm pretty sure he didn't trip and fall in a pile of Meth,he made some bad choices and now hopefully the state will make him pay,I don't know of too many drug addicts that are loving husbands and fathers,since their addiction comes first
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Man shot and killed at Gilbert Texas RoadHouse
    By SpencerB in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: September 29th, 2010, 12:57 PM
  2. BAD - Lufkin Texas - CHL holder killed
    By Fixintu in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 19th, 2008, 07:23 PM
  3. Arlington Texas - Man Killed In His Home
    By Fixintu in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: August 17th, 2008, 04:50 PM
  4. Sniper! Seven British soldiers killed by same gun WHAT?
    By paramedic70002 in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: April 12th, 2008, 04:19 PM
  5. Texas Police Officer Killed In Car Crash
    By QKShooter in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 18th, 2005, 11:28 AM

Search tags for this page

amarillo tx spotted pony
,
amarllo murder cisneros deggie holguin
,
brits opinion on texas
,
spotted pony amarillo texas
,
spotted pony bar murder amarillo tx
,

spotted pony lounge murder, amarillo, texas

,
spotted pony ray cisneros
Click on a term to search for related topics.