Police: Man Beaten to Death by Teens

This is a discussion on Police: Man Beaten to Death by Teens within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police: Man Beaten to Death by Teens Published : Sunday, 08 Nov 2009, 6:39 PM CST Police say a Wylie man died after he was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police: Man Beaten to Death by Teens

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar

Published : Sunday, 08 Nov 2009, 6:39 PM CST

Police say a Wylie man died after he was severely beaten by a group of teenagers. It happened in the 300 block of South 3rd Street in Wylie late Saturday night.

Witnesses say the victim got into an argument with the occupants of a truck that had been driving recklessly through the neighborhood. The truck left but returned a short time later with five teenage boys. The teenagers beat up the victim and left in the truck.

Investigators say the man was found unresponsive and was transported to a nearby hospital where he was pronouced deceased. The victim has been identified as Jonathan Bird, 28, of Wylie.

Witnesses were able to tell police the names of two of the suspects. Police located the truck at a house in Garland and took three of the suspects into custody. Police arrested the other two suspects at a house in Wylie.

Police have not released the names of four of the suspects because they are minors. The fifth suspect has been identified as Ethan Dorris, 17, of Wylie. All five suspects have been charged with murder and remain in police custody
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

2. Remove Ads

I recall not long ago a group of teens attacked a couple in Akron.
    They were significantly more than five in number.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Don't know much about the attack. There is no mention of firearms or other weapons used. Five on one without some type of equalizer would be near impossible win. Bless this family that loosed a love one, and bless those families whose teenage sons are charged with murder. Some times there is just no winners!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Don't know much about the attack. There is no mention of firearms or other weapons used. Five on one without some type of equalizer would be near impossible win. Bless this family that loosed a love one, and bless those families whose teenage sons are charged with murder. Some times there is just no winners!!!!
    I work with a man who knows this guy, through his Niece. According to him the some of the kids had brass knuckles. I asked why this man didn't fight back much or shoot the little SOBs and he told me he got out of the pen a few weeks ago and didn't want to fight for fear of getting in trouble.

Supposedly there were other people around, I hold them partially responsible for not stopping on someone when they saw it was a gang of kids against 1 man.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post

Supposedly there were other people around, I hold them partially responsible for not stopping on someone when they saw it was a gang of kids against 1 man.

Seems to be a growing trend of people just standing around watching horrible acts and not doing anything about it.Remember the New York incident where the guy stabbed a chick for like a half hour and everyone just walked by or kicked him once and just kept walking?lol What is going on with the world???

I can only hope one day those idiots need help one day and everyone just watches. Karma is a b***H

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMyRight2 View Post
    Seems to be a growing trend of people just standing around watching horrible acts and not doing anything about it.Remember the New York incident where the guy stabbed a chick for like a half hour and everyone just walked by or kicked him once and just kept walking?lol What is going on with the world???
    They are too busy being distracted from reality. Once it hits THEM in the face they will realize how we are all in this together and need to look out for fellow man.

Those kids should get their ass kicked once a month for the rest of their lives hopefully behind bars. What a bunch of losers. My sympathy to ten mans family. What a shame.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!, by this time the rest of um would have ran like little punk puppies! Stay armed and stay alert.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

There must be something going on with some of the teens today. It seems like their values and common sense have deserted them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    There must be something going on with some of the teens today. It seems like their values and common sense have deserted them.
    +1+1+1

We talk about that all the time! The younger genaration is ruthless and death/murder isnt taboo for them anymore. Could it be all the violence on TV and video games just making them numb to it?? Kinda like conditioning ya know.

+1+1+1

We talk about that all the time! The younger genaration is ruthless and death/murder isnt taboo for them anymore. Could it be all the violence on TV and video games just making them numb to it?? Kinda like conditioning ya know.
    IMO, the violence and mayhem on TV and video games has to some degree desensitized them to the real fact surrounding mortality and it's finality.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Wannabe 'bangers or punks with priors, they're now all murderers. Welcome to the world of adult crimes. May we treat them simply and harshly.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    IMO, the violence and mayhem on TV and video games has to some degree desensitized them to the real fact surrounding mortality and it's finality.
    Whatever the impact on a given kid or an entire society, it certainly doesn't help.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I can only hope one day those idiots need help one day and everyone just watches. Karma is a b***H
    Kitty Genovese

Kitty Genovese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by miklcolt45; November 9th, 2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: emphasis
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post

GBK
    gottab,

I just don't buy it. If it's the violence they watch on TV and video games, why are my kids not murderers? They played as much as anyone else.

Why are military and former military not a greater percentage of murderers and thugs? They have seen even more of the REAL thing.

Something else is going on.

Could it be that 'values-free' education has taught a generation (going on two) that one of the values we are free of is that life is sacred and precious? How about that peoples' stuff belongs to them, not you, no matter how much you want it? What about delayed gratification?

I may never completely know the answer to all this, but I suspect teaching values, beginning in the home, might go a long way toward helping some of these young punks learn that some things are wrong, and they shouldn't do them.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    If it's the violence they watch on TV and video games, why are my kids not murderers?
    It does, to some degree, desensitize folks.

That statement by GBK wasn't intended to suggest that ALL people subjected to it will crumble. That explains why yours aren't.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links