wow......

wow......

This is a discussion on wow...... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ksl.com - 1 dead in home invasion; deputies looking for armed suspects Im still kind of in shock after having read this. This is the ...

Thread: wow......

wow......

ksl.com - 1 dead in home invasion; deputies looking for armed suspects

Im still kind of in shock after having read this. This is the town I went to high school in and my parents live in an outlying town with 1-2 miles of where this happened. They live in a nice area and wouldnt surprise me if someone started targeting the nice homes. Makes me worry since my dad is gone for work 3 days a week or so and my mom is home with the younger kids. They need a good dog and I need to talk to my dad about a home defense gun.

I probably know the victim as its a small town.

Bad things happen to good people in the nicest of places.

That is a truism I learned a long time ago. Another one is, There is no safe place. I live my life by these two truisms, and found that they have served me well.

Take care and stay safe,

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Bad things happen to good people in the nicest of places.

That is a truism I learned a long time ago. Another one is, There is no safe place. I live my life by these two truisms, and found that they have served me well.

Take care and stay safe,

Biker
    Very true, but you CAN hedge your bet somewhat. I think everyone knows of a section of town where they live that's not safe. It's usually marked by low-rent housing, etc.
    The views expressed above are the opinion of the poster and may or may not be total bunk.
    Viewer discretion is advised.

Stay armed...dirtbags abound...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It's true, there is no "nice" area. Crime knows no boundaries and limits to when and where it will happen.

I thought my neighborhood was "nice" until I began reading the Police Blotter in our local rag and found out otherwise. It has made my situational awareness a bit more heightend than before.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Yeah, that's messed up. I agree with the others. In this day and age the crimes being committed are not isolated to the areas of old(inner city/gang areas). You just never know when some dirtbag has your home in his sights, and my suggestion is, stay armed even at the house; for that matter especially at the house. JMO.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

In the report it said folks in area do not need to feel they are in danger.

Well who committed this home invasion and murdered this poor man, and where did he go after the fact.

Unless he just left the area to practice his trade somewhere else he most likely will try again.

Crime is in the spiritual heart of the criminal, if he brazen enough to invade a home and commit murder once he is brazen enough to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    Very true, but you CAN hedge your bet somewhat. I think everyone knows of a section of town where they live that's not safe. It's usually marked by low-rent housing, etc.
    Correct but I think what BikerRn is indicating is there is 'more safe' and 'less safe' areas, though no such place as absolutely safe.

One can be more or less safe but to think that they are immune simply because they live in a 'small town' or 'in the country' or 'there's never been trouble here before' is not real world reasonable...in America.

Sadly a lot of people fall into this mode of thought, hence Bikers general statement comment.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I agree completely that nowhere is absolutely safe, what I meant by nice was wealthier nice homes.

Here's the update from this morning's news: ksl.com - Neighbors offer insight into murder Monday night

They mentioned this gentleman had a "large" collection of firearms and ammo. Some/most/all? of which was stolen from a bunker type shed.

This is a great reason not to share the extent of your collection with too many people. This is the local news channel that I watch... makes you pay attention when it's so close to home.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    In the report it said folks in area do not need to feel they are in danger.

Well who committed this home invasion and murdered this poor man, and where did he go after the fact.

Unless he just left the area to practice his trade somewhere else he most likely will try again.

Crime is in the spiritual heart of the criminal, if he brazen enough to invade a home and commit murder once he is brazen enough to do it again.
    Guess that covers everybody but the dead guy.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Sponsored Links