Arkansas Police Use Taser on 10-Year-Old Girl

This is a discussion on Arkansas Police Use Taser on 10-Year-Old Girl within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Saw this on Fox News from the AP. Arkansas Police Use Taser on 10-Year-Old Girl - Local News | News Articles | National News | ...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arkansas Police Use Taser on 10-Year-Old Girl

Arkansas Police Use Taser on 10-Year-Old Girl

Saw this on Fox News from the AP.

Arkansas Police Use Taser on 10-Year-Old Girl - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

OZARK, Ark. Ozark Police Chief Jim Noggle says one of his officers used a Taser on a 10-year-old girl who was combative when the officer tried to get the girl into a patrol car to be taken to a youth shelter.

Noggle said Tuesday that officer Dustin Bradshaw went to the girl's home after her mother called police woman called police.

According to a report filed by Bradshaw on Thursday, the officer found the girl on the floor of the house screaming and crying. She refused to follow her mother's instructions and the mother told Bradshaw to use his Taser.

Bradshaw carried the girl to the living room and told her she was going to jail, according to the report. The girl was violently kicking, the report said, and struck Bradshaw in the groin with her legs and feet. The report said Bradshaw administered a "very, very brief" stun with the Taser, put the girl in handcuffs and carried her to his patrol car. She was taken to the Western Arkansas Youth Shelter in Cecil.
    There have been a number of other threads regarding the use/misuse of tasers. This just seems to be another ridiculous example of misuse. What is wrong with the mother encouraging this? How in the world can a trained officer not handle a 10 year old? What is a "very, very brief" stun? Is that like a little bit pregnant?
    My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

They say electrical shock settles things down.

If something like this would have happen when I was growing up years ago mother would have used belt or paddle or something to get attention and bring about a better behavior.

In a few day nice sweet 10 year old may be able to set down with out thinking about how it burned and hurt.

Said plainly: girl needs a good hard spanking.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Wow, I sure hope there is a lot more to this story.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

I say a leather belt settles things down.

This is ridiculous. Parents calling the law to calm their kids down. When did we go from if you did something wrong at your friend's James house you got a woopin' there and at your uncle's down the road and then from mom when you got there and dad when he got home to where we are today? Hoping the cops will come and help put our 10 year old in line? Sad.

I can remember "better turn over and move those hands or you get it where it lands"

We need those days again.
    Last edited by goab; November 17th, 2009 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Misspelling
    A lack of preparation on your part does not and will not constitute an emergency on mine.

E.A.A. Windicator 2" .357/.38 revolver
    CHP carrier since Oct. 15, 2009

What is wrong with the mother encouraging this? How in the world can a trained officer not handle a 10 year old?
    The question I'd ask is; Who needs a police officer to control a 10 year old anyway?

There is no one that can convince me you need to use a taser on a 10 yr old. That goes beyond punishment, thats ABUSE period. Don't follow instructions?, dock her allowance, Sceaming on the floor?, ignor that behavior, it's harmless. Does any one know how to parent. As a Behavior Analyst I work with much worse than this, adolesants and adults with violant episodes. Reinforce good behavior and the maladaptive behavior fades. If tasers worked I would be using one 50 times a day.
    Randy
    Law Enforcement Armorer
    NRA
    GOA
    Range Officer
    Advice is seldom welcome; and those who want it the most always like it the least.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    The sad thing is, if you do your job as a parent when things get tough, you are taking a chance that some government nanny will accuse you of abuse, lock you up, and put your kids in foster care.

If the LEO had taken the kid kicking and screaming, he could have been accused of assault.

Parents are encouraged to let the government take care of their problem children. LEOs are encouraged to use Tasers to avoid personal injury.

When the government gets too intrusive, it leaves no good options, only safe ones that are never in the best interest of a free society.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Don't know much but after raising 5 children that have turned out very well, I would say the time to win these battles is when the children are 2 and 3 years old. This 10 year old not only does not know how to behave her self and does not know the voice of authority in her life. She should respond to her mother voice and obey that voice and that is tough when they are 2 and 3 years old.

VIP Member
    Well, I have seen some kids in that age range that I wished I could have tazed but seriously... there's no way it should have ever been done.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    You can be put in jail for disciplining your kids properly these days. That ain't no lie.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

A ten year old child in a tantrum needs to be cuffed-and-stuffed so badly? Jail, for not following Mom's instructions?

Of course, we don't know the details. Perhaps this particular 10yr old is 5'6" and a taekwondo expert whose hands held a Bowie knife at that instant. Not likely, but something's got to explain the zap-i-fication of a 10yr old, even if requested by Mom.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Don't know much but after raising 5 children that have turned out very well, I would say the time to win these battles is when the children are 2 and 3 years old. This 10 year old not only does not know how to behave her self and does not know the voice of authority in her life. She should respond to her mother voice and obey that voice and that is tough when they are 2 and 3 years old.
    Agree 100%. Take control had an early age, then when they turn 10 they aren't surprised. When put in command take charge.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    The question I'd ask is; Who needs a police officer to control a 10 year old anyway?
    Amen! This was not bad police work. It was P--- Poor Parenting.
    The cop responded to a domestic disturbance. Was confronted with a VIOLENT subject, who ASSAULTED him. He used non-lethal force to subdue the subject and place them into custody. Text-book police work.
    If it had been the woman's 200 lb boyfriend who got tazed, none of you would be crying foul. I purposely said "boyfriend" and not "husband".
    Need I explain why?

(ps. many kids start puberty at 10. That makes them nearly adult sized and emotionally unbalanced due to massive hormone fluctuations.)

Edit: Don't tell me about the difference between a 10 year old and a grown man. The cop in this case used the minimum force necessary to control the situation. Perhaps less, considering he waited until AFTER being kicked in the groin.
    The views expressed above are the opinion of the poster and may or may not be total bunk.
    Viewer discretion is advised.

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Said plainly: girl needs a good hard spanking.
    Concur.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Although she probably deserved it, there must be other options...cuffs, perhaps?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Links