Don't stop and don't leave home without your gun.

This is a discussion on Don't stop and don't leave home without your gun. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It is unclear if the car was in the middle of the road for 2 days or if it was moved there 2 days after ...

Thread: Don't stop and don't leave home without your gun.

Don't stop and don't leave home without your gun.

It is unclear if the car was in the middle of the road for 2 days or if it was moved there 2 days after the people were killed. If it had been in the road for 2 days and that is where the event took place, why in the world would you stop in the middle of nowhere like that and leave yourself open to being shot?

My guess, drugs were involved. Yea I know I shouldn't speculate, but that seems to be the pattern in this type of deal lately.

Cass County: 2 found dead on rural road
    Officials say unidentified victims were shot
    By: Lynn LaRowe - Texarkana Gazette - Published: 11/19/2009

Area law enforcement agencies are working to determine the identities of a man and a woman found shot to death in a car on Cass County Road 1114 between Atlanta and Linden.

The bodies were discovered Wednesday in a redish Ford Mustang by someone who lived in the area. No identification, purse or wallet were found.

“We just don’t know,” said Cass County District Attorney Clint Allen of a possible motive for the killings. “We need to find out who these people were. The speculation at this point is that they’d been there a couple of days judging from the condition of the bodies.”

Allen said the vehicle was discovered in the middle of the road. The victims’ bodies have been sent to the a medical examiner’s office in Dallas for autopsies.

Investigators may have to wait for a preliminary autopsy report to be certain what type of weapon was used in the killings.

Allen said the DA’s office is standing by to assist the Atlanta Police Department, the Texas Rangers and the Cass County Sheriff’s Office in their investigation.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

It looks like Co rd 1114 in Cass County Tx (south of Texarkana) is a dead end road in the middle of nowhere. I suspect there's a lot more to this story than just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Someone drive up next to them and shoot them.... them stopping in the middle of the road ? But the no ID , suggests alot more than that in this one.

Found out on the news tonight the guy was a prison guard at the Telford State Prison.

Will be interesting to find out more on this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Yet another reason not to travel anywhere...anytime, without CCW.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I hope info on this thread keeps coming. Somehow reminds me of the Son of Sam shooting years ago.

This the latest.

Posted: Nov 19, 2009 5:25 PM

Cass County, Texas, authorities today identified the couple found shot to death in his car while they were out together.

Jay McDaniel, 30, of Hooks and Sarah Olson, 30, of Queen City were found Wednesday morning shot in a car on Cass County Road 1114 between Atlanta and Linden.

McDaniel was a prison guard at the Barry Telford unit in New Boston.

No arrests had been made in the murder investigation, authorities said Thursday. Investigators did not say whether they had a suspected motive. Both victims were shot several times.

McDaniel's Ford Mustang was parked in the road, authorities said. A neighbor discovered the bodies.

McDaniel had been reported missing on Sunday. Olson was reported missing on Tuesday.

www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Lonely dead end road, male and female with different last names? Prime suspects could be jeaous husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend.

Quote:
    Cass County: 2 found dead on rural road
    Officials say unidentified victims were shot
    By: Lynn LaRowe
    - Texarkana Gazette - Published: 11/19/2009

Some people will do anything for a story

Sounds dirty.

VIP Member
    Several years back in an industrial area of town, the police found a guy that had been shot dead on the side of the seldom traveled street. He was laying near a large pole that had been laid across the street.

The police surmised that the dead guy had previously laid the pole in the road, waited in the darkness for someone to drive along, stop to get out and move the pole. That would have been the opportunity for the hidden bad guy to pop out of the darkness and carjack the vehicle or rob whoever.

Apparently whoever got out to move the pole was armed. I guess the bad guy didn't consider the "armed victim scenario" as a possibility. Anyway the bad guy apparently got killed over his plan, and whoever shot him simply left the scene.

I'm not suggesting to get out on scenarios like that, but the OP reminded me of that story.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Well it looks like either someone else drove the car there, or they were caught while doing something for them to be in the back seat dead.

Artis James, who lives in the area, said his nephew first saw the car in the middle of the road on Monday. He noticed it again Wednesday and called authorities. “He peeped in the window and saw them in the back seat. It startled him,” James said. Investigators were working on leads Thursday to come up with suspects in the case. A motive is not clear.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I lost on this one,,,,,, I've got no theories.

Links