2nd Denver bank robbery on day of shooting.

This is a discussion on 2nd Denver bank robbery on day of shooting. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is another excellent example of why you should be aware of possible BG backup close by. Denver police catch bank robbery suspects Denver police ...

Thread: 2nd Denver bank robbery on day of shooting.

2nd Denver bank robbery on day of shooting.

This is another excellent example of why you should be aware of possible BG backup close by.

Denver police catch bank robbery suspects

November 19, 2009
    Credit union robbery stopped

Two suspects were arrested while attempting to rob the West Denver Community Credit Union, 3299 W. Alameda Ave. in Denver. (November 19, 2009)

DENVER - Police arrested two suspects who they say tried to rob a credit union early Thursday morning.

Reports said the manager of West Denver Community Credit Union arrived for work before 7:00 a.m. at 3299 W. Alameda Ave.

Police on the scene said she started entering an access code when a man with a gun approached her, and said he was going to rob the credit union.

Officers said she resisted and ran toward a bus bunch for help from a man who was there, but the Denver Post reports that he pulled a gun on her, too. Police said he was an accomplice.

But when the manager's first code was interrupted, a distress call was sent to a security company automatically. Police told the Post when the manage was forced to enter a code at gunpoint, she used a distress code.

People on West Alameda saw what was happening, and called 911. Police arrived quickly, surrounded the building, and captured the suspects.

The credit union manager was not hurt.
    The day before I was watching an episode of NUMBERS, and the opening scene was a high end restaurant being held up by two armed men in masks. Two UC LEOs got up and held the two BGs at gunpoint and got them to drop their weapons, when two more BGs popped up from a nearby table and shot the officers.

Hollywood I know, but it was an excellent example of beware of BG backup.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    This is another excellent example of why you should be aware of possible BG backup close by.

The day before I was watching an episode of NUMBERS, and the opening scene was a high end restaurant being held up by two armed men in masks. Two UC LEOs got up and held the two BGs at gunpoint and got them to drop their weapons, when two more BGs popped up from a nearby table and shot the officers.

Hollywood I know, but it was an excellent example of beware of BG backup.
    Another reason that those with guns and CCW badges should not strip down to their red and blue tights (cape included) to be a hero.

To the OP, glad no one was hurt...the manager was a gutsy lady.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    If possible, take cover, call 911, get ready to defend yourself and your family. If you can get this much done, it is a good encounter.

I have been turning over the undercover second gunman scenario in my mind. It is a tough problem. If he is a bad guy, he might shoot me. If he is a good guy, he might shoot me. In either case, I may never see him or hear the shot. Definitely want to blend into the background or crowd and never look like I carry.

I guess this raises the question of a need to change tactics if caught in this type of situation.

Generic example:

You are at the local stop and rob for a Powerball ticket, two other customers in the store and third comes through the door waves his/her gun around at everyone and then smacks the cashier upside the head with it, causing a nasty cut above the ear, demanding money.

BG is very agitated. Cashier is a nice person you have known for years working there, and is having a very hard time getting the register to open, making the BG more agitated.

You get the opportunity for a clear shot, you take it.

The tactics question - Do you move to a position in the store with your back to a wall and everyone else in the store or that comes in is a suspect until the police arrive to take over?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Links