Man loses concealed weapon in armed robbery

This is a discussion on Man loses concealed weapon in armed robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man loses concealed weapon in armed robbery | KOMO News - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional SEATTLE - A man with a concealed weapon ...

Thread: Man loses concealed weapon in armed robbery

Man loses concealed weapon in armed robbery

Man loses concealed weapon in armed robbery | KOMO News - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional
    SEATTLE - A man with a concealed weapon permit was robbed not only of his gun but also two magazines, his wallet, cell phone and keys early Sunday at a motel on Aurora Avenue North.

Officers were dispatched to the scene, in the 2200 block of Aurora Avenue North, at about 1:50 a.m. after a 911 caller said some men with guns had assaulted his friend and now were trying to break into his motel room.

When officers arrived, there was no sign of the gunmen, who had fled the scene by then. Police talked to the victim who had been assaulted and also the man who had called 911 from his room.

The victim said he had been in his room with the 911 caller and his girlfriend, then walked outside to have a smoke.

As he walked down the stairs, he heard someone say, "There's one of them," and he was then confronted by at least two men. One of them had a handgun.

The victim was grabbed by the man with the gun, and was struck several times with the weapon. He said he was also pepper-sprayed.

The victim, who has a concealed weapon permit, was then robbed of his personal firearm, two magazines, his wallet, cell phone and keys.

The victim said he managed to get back to the room of his friend, and they then heard a knock at the door. It was the armed men, who tried to break into the room but were not successful.

The victims were unable to provide a description of the suspects.
    I don't know, but it sounds a little fishy to me...
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Yeah, this doesn't smell right...
    "Don't Tread on Me"

"Theres one of them" and they took his piece AND spare mags? Someone knew he was armed and wanted it I think. If he was sprayed he was looking in the direction of the spray so he would have seen the perps I would think. But that aside, that one phrase I put in quotations stands out to me for some reason... AS SOON as I heared that remark while walking down a flight of stairs, senses would have went into overdrive and I would have taken ALL steps except pulling the trigger while BACKING up the stairs to my room at least until the perp produced HIS handgun. Because as for the story above, looks like it was just the victim and the perps outside, I dont think SA was really "there" for this incident nor common sense mainly due to THIS part of the story

"The victim said he had been in his room with the 911 caller and his girlfriend, then walked outside to have a smoke.

As he walked down the stairs, he heard someone say, "There's one of them," and he was then confronted by at least two men."
    Just my .02
    ~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Paging Mr. Harvey. Paging Mr. Paul Harvey...
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

That's when you have a second gun in the room and ventilate the dirtbags who wanted more...at the door.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    The reality of this story is the following:

They knew he had a gun, he knew they knew, he made a straw purchase and worked with the criminals to have a free gun that looked stolen so he could continue to purchase firearms.

The man that lost his firearm should easily be charged with providing a firearm to a felon or straw purchase or whatever it would be called in this case.

It would be more believable if he had his weapon stolen and wallet but they didnt notice the spare magazines.

sigh ...
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

I think they will throw a flag on this play ;-)
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Someone cooking fish?
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Doesn't smell right at all, there's more to it .....

IF 2 guys come running up stairs to "get me" and one of them has a gun in their hand.... I'm fairly certain they would never make it to get any gun off of me.

“The victim said he managed to get back to the room…” Really, how so?

Links