GOOD - break into my house, take a number. Your number might be "38"...

This is a discussion on GOOD - break into my house, take a number. Your number might be "38"... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Suspected pot smoker shot after wandering into stranger's home by Marissa Wingate / 3TV PHOENIX, AZ - A suspected pot smoker picks the wrong home ...

Thread: GOOD - break into my house, take a number. Your number might be "38"...

GOOD - break into my house, take a number. Your number might be "38"...

Suspected pot smoker shot after wandering into stranger's home
    by Marissa Wingate / 3TV

PHOENIX, AZ - A suspected pot smoker picks the wrong home to wander into and it turns out the homeowner had a gun and was not taking any chances.

That homeowner tells 3TV he would pull the trigger again to protect his family. The homeowner says it was terrifying. He was fast asleep when his dog started barking then he saw a man standing inside his house so he shot him.

The man says about her dog, "She did her job, kept him from who knows what he would have done, we were sound asleep."
    The suspect jumped out of an apartment window when police arrived after receiving a loud noise complaint. Andy Hill, with Phoenix police, says, "As they got to the front door they confronted someone who happened to have a joint in their hands, a marijuana cigarette, he took off running."

Once the suspect was out the window, he hopped over a fence and broke through the victim's back door. The homeowner explains, "I yelled ‘who's there? I have a gun’ and he started screaming and I walked out of my hallway into the living room and it was dark, there was a guy standing there, he had something in his hands, I was in fear for the safety of me and my family so I fired."

The man was shot in the hip and ran right out the front door and right into officers who tell 3TV it was a chair he had in his hands. Hill says, "If somebody feels that they're going to hit you over the head with a chair, obviously it could knock you out and then that person could kill you, take your gun, shoot you."

Investigators say the homeowner was justified. In fact, police say the man even warned the suspect with his 'Beware of Dog' sign.
    The victim says he is relieved he did not kill the suspect. That suspect is still recovering in the hospital. 3TV is told he has a criminal history and warrants for his arrest.

Suspected pot smoker shot after wandering into stranger's home | Phoenix News | Arizona News | azfamily.com | News
    ============
    Very positive story with a good outcome all around. Note the proper identification of the homeowner as the victim in this story. The cop's quote was a bit ambiguous as reported, but in the TV clip his body language and tone show clear support for the homeowner.

Nice to see a story like this spun the correct way, with no whining about guns in the home and who might get hurt. Just the facts, ma'am.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

2. Remove Ads

Yeah baby!! Another score for the good guys...
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Nice to see the cops didn't accidentally shoot the homeowner also. That seems to be the norm lately.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I hope the homeowner gets a lawyer. Some state's prohibit civil litigation against someone defending themselves, others go with the first come-first served mantra. Good one for the good guys!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I wonder if that pot smoking BG saw the bullet coming...in slow motion?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    I hope the homeowner gets a lawyer. Some state's prohibit civil litigation against someone defending themselves, others go with the first come-first served mantra. Good one for the good guys!
    While there's nothing to prevent the pothead perp from suing the homeowner because of his injuries, that kind of suit has a very poor track record in Arizona.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    gasmitty:
    take a number. Your number might be "38"

Good for the home owner's preparedness, good for the hone owner's dog, and good for the home owner's gun.

Bad for the BG's new found hole in body, bad for BG's new found home(jail), and bad for BG's because of new found friends in jail.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Textbook response. Homeowner responded, warned, identified a threat, shot, and then clearly stated that he was in fear for the safety of himself and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Bad for the BG's new found hole in body, bad for BG's new found home(jail), and bad for BG's because of new found friends in jail.
    I am sure that extra hole will be used in jail.

TOF
    The only thing wrong was the victims aim.

Arizona's Castle Doctrine law provides significant protection for the victim in this type case.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Suspected pot smoker shot after wandering into stranger's home
    Not the best title. Suspected pot smoker shot after breaking into stranger's home...

Once the suspect was out the window, he hopped over a fence and broke through the victim's back door.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Links