"Did Forza Coffee Shop have a gun-ban door sign?"

This is a discussion on "Did Forza Coffee Shop have a gun-ban door sign?" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hold on everyone, he has a point. The LTE was clearly sarcasm. Perhaps it's a bit soon, but I support the intent of his letter. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Did Forza Coffee Shop have a gun-ban door sign?"

Hold on everyone, he has a point. The LTE was clearly sarcasm. Perhaps it's a bit soon, but I support the intent of his letter. It's no different than LTEs stating that it's impossible for shootings to occur in DC and Chicago because handguns are banned there. Clearly sarcasm.

Other threads last night explicitly said Pelosi and gang would immediately use this to further their agenda, so it's not unusual for pro-2A folks to want to immediately counter attack and point out the folly of gun-free zones, which is exactly what this LTE was doing. I didn't take the letter as an attack on the owner of a coffee shop, but on the absurdity of people thinking such signs prevent criminals from bringing guns into banned places.

Again, maybe too soon, but I'm fairly certain everyone on here agrees with his point.

I'm much more concerned with how this suspect was out on bail on a freakin' child rape charge with seven felony charges pending. He has a loooong criminal history in AR and WA, and NEVER should've been on the streets.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    That statement is not accurate, sensitive to the tragedy, clever, convincing, or even educated in Washington's law.

In short. It's crap.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Ok... we CHL holders where always arguing the point of how criminals don't obey signs but using the murders of 4 LEO is not the way to do it.

People are stupid... deal with it, cause its nothing new.

Recently I heard the cop killer was shot dead on the street... the got off easy.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    Ok... we CHL holders where always arguing the point of how criminals don't obey signs but using the murders of 4 LEO is not the way to do it.
    I also don't know if it's really a good move strategically. Were the officers carrying? If so, then you have an example where armed and trained victims were NOT able to defend themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I also don't know if it's really a good move strategically. Were the officers carrying? If so, then you have an example where armed and trained victims were NOT able to defend themselves.
    Training has nothing to do with that situation.
    If an armed trained civilian was carrying things probably would have not turned out different. But again it may have... Obviously the murderer had no reguard for life and limb attacking armed trained LEO. If a CHL holder shot and wounded or killed the murderer it may have saved lives. We will never know. Yeah LEO have more training but some CHL holders train at the range and CC draw more then some LEO

My point is if the intended target is caught off guard NO amount of training is going to help. They where caught off guard it has nothing to do with training.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    Training has nothing to do with that situation
    We know that, but that's not how most people would see it. You have to keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Holger View Post
    Hold on everyone, he has a point. The LTE was clearly sarcasm. Perhaps it's a bit soon, but I support the intent of his letter. It's no different than LTEs stating that it's impossible for shootings to occur in DC and Chicago because handguns are banned there. Clearly sarcasm.

Other threads last night explicitly said Pelosi and gang would immediately use this to further their agenda, so it's not unusual for pro-2A folks to want to immediately counter attack and point out the folly of gun-free zones, which is exactly what this LTE was doing. I didn't take the letter as an attack on the owner of a coffee shop, but on the absurdity of people thinking such signs prevent criminals from bringing guns into banned places.

Again, maybe too soon, but I'm fairly certain everyone on here agrees with his point.

I'm much more concerned with how this suspect was out on bail on a freakin' child rape charge with seven felony charges pending. He has a loooong criminal history in AR and WA, and NEVER should've been on the streets.

I know I agree with this post. I think most of us who are victims of random shootings like this, do. The timing of what Leon Harrison is saying, and perhaps the manner of it, is somewhat off, but really, its not very far from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    We know that, but that's not how most people would see it. You have to keep that in mind.
    Yup unfortunate isn't it? some people also don't realize that LEO are human too. When the SHTF sheep flock to the nearest LEO who's hands are more then full.

A LEO on the beat is a tough, thankless, tiring job. To be killed by some random jackass while on a coffee break is just unbelievable

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links