BAD: Woman executed in MY neighborhood hair shop (Hillsboro, OR)

BAD: Woman executed in MY neighborhood hair shop (Hillsboro, OR)

This is a discussion on BAD: Woman executed in MY neighborhood hair shop (Hillsboro, OR) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anytime. Anywhere. Doubt it? Read on. This time, I almost crossed paths with a murderer. In my own neighborhood, at the hair shop where I ...

Thread: BAD: Woman executed in MY neighborhood hair shop (Hillsboro, OR)

Angry BAD: Woman executed in MY neighborhood hair shop (Hillsboro, OR)

Anytime. Anywhere. Doubt it? Read on.

This time, I almost crossed paths with a murderer. In my own neighborhood, at the hair shop where I was going about 30mins after this execution.

This time, it was a bit too close for comfort. At 5pm yesterday evening, I was on my way to this exact hair shop. About 30mins earlier, though, the boyfriend of an employee arrived and shot her dead, in the "back room" area where staff takes short breaks. When I arrived, the surrounding area was sealed off. So, I turned around and left, without coming near the place, not realizing (at the time) that my destination was currently a murder scene.

So. No haircut. No bullet holes, either.

I wonder who was killed. I am trying to run down the short list of staff, in my head. I can't picture a 20yr old staffer, yet. Hm.

Strange feeling, I'm telling you. Thirty minutes. Had any one of a dozen things changed in the prior 6hrs, I might have been in that shop at the time of the murder. Too close. My own neighborhood ... too close.

Anytime. Anywhere.

One is Dead and One is Injured in Hillsboro Domestic Shooting

By Steve Beaven, The Oregonian
    November 29, 2009, 5:48PM

A man shot his girlfriend to death in Hillsboro Sunday afternoon and then shot himself in the head, police said.

The man walked into a Great Clips shop at 22075 N.W. Imbrie Drive about 4:30 p.m. He and his girlfriend, who worked at the barber shop, argued in the back room before he shot her, said Hillsboro Police Lt. Michael Rouches.

Then the man shot himself. He was taken to a local hospital.

The man, who is 40, had been dating the 20-year-old woman for about a year, Rouches said, adding that this was not the first domestic dispute between the two.

The man shot five rounds from a .357-caliber revolver, one of which traveled through a wall and grazed an employee in a restaurant next door. The injury did not require medical treatment.

--Stephen Beaven

Salon Worker Shot To Death In Break Room

Salon Worker Shot To Death In Break Room
    20-Year-Old Woman Killed In Hillsboro Shooting

POSTED: 6:18 pm PST November 29, 2009
    UPDATED: 6:13 am PST November 30, 2009

HILLSBORO, Ore. -- A 20-year-old woman working at a hair salon Sunday was shot to death by her boyfriend in the salon's break room, police said.

The victim's 40-year-old boyfriend was talking to the woman in the break room of the Great Clips Hair Salon on Imbrie Drive prior to the incident, said Lt. Michael Rouches in a Hillsboro Police Department news release.

The couple was arguing with each other before the man shot the woman with a revolver, Rouches said. One bullet ricocheted off the wall into the Subway restaurant next door and grazed a customer, police said.

After shooting his girlfriend, the man shot himself in the head, according to police.

When officers arrived, they found the man still alive. An ambulance rushed him to Legacy Emanuel Hospital, where he is in critical condition.

The names of the people involved in the shooting will not be released until Monday, Rouches said. The couple had a history of domestic disputes, according to the police department.

The shooting was first reported at 4:30 p.m. Jamea Schlegel, who lives nearby, said she was inside Great Clips just hours before the shooting.

"We were getting my son's haircut," Schlegel said. "It was just a normal day. I've never in my life seen this many officers."

The incident is still under investigation.

Man Kills Girlfriend At Hillsboro Hair Salon

Story Published: Nov 29, 2009 at 5:35 PM PST

Story Updated: Nov 29, 2009 at 9:02 PM PST
    By KATU News and KATU.com Staff
    Video

HILLSBORO, Ore. - One person is dead and one has been rushed to a hospital after police said a man opened fire at a Great Clips hair salon at the Fred Meyer shopping center off Northwest Cornelius Pass Road.

The salon is at 22065-22085 N.W. Imbrie Drive in Hillsboro, part of the Sunset Fred Meyer center.

Lieutenant Mike Rouches, spokesperson for the Hillsboro Police Department, tells KATU staff they were called to the shooting at 4:30 p.m. today. Upon arrival, officers "discovered a 20-year-old female employee of the salon shot dead in a break-room area of the shop," according to a press release.

"Further investigation revealed that the victim's boyfriend, a 40-year-old male, entered the salon, and had been talking to her in the break room," reports the release.

Police said they have received reports that the couple was having difficulties in their relationship and had been arguing. They said the man had a .357 revolver, which witnesses said he fired as many as six times in all. The man finally turned the gun on himself, firing one bullet at his head.

One of the bullets went through the wall of the Great Clips salon, into the Subway store next door. The bullet grazed the shoulder of a male Subway employee inside. Emergency personnel said he is recovering fine.

Meanwhile, the shooter was found alive. He was treated at the scene and was transported to Legacy Emanuel Hospital by ambulance. He remains in critical condition as of Sunday evening.

This case is being investigated by Hillsboro Police, Hillsboro Police Detectives and the Washington County Major Crimes Team. Hillsboro police were assisted with emergency medical personnel from Tri-Met police, the Washington County Sheriff's Office and the Hillsboro Fire Department.

Rouches reports that this inter-agency collaboration "aided in securing the scene very quickly."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Thirty minutes......YIKES!

There's been more than a few times in my adult life that a couple of minutes, either way, would've put at 'a scene' where I wouldn't have wanted to be......very sobering thoughts.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

When officers arrived, they found the man still alive. An ambulance rushed him to Legacy Emanuel Hospital, where he is in critical condition.
    why...

My dad and brothers all have their permits but don't carry. After the coffee shop shooting my dad commented how it might have been different if a CPL holder had been on the other side of the room. Hopefully stuff like this gets in their head and they realize the should use what they have.

As of this morning, roses and bouquets are starting to pile up in front of the shop. The store is closed today, at least until they get through the crime scene business. There were a couple of folks in the shop (talking to police investigators), but nobody looked like their hearts were in it.

At the shops nearby, the "talk" among customers does not seem to be focused on yesterday's crimes.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Good thing I am near bald and don't need haircuts. Sounds like they are dangerous places.

Maybe we should have gone shooting that day instead. I do have two new toys to break in.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Sponsored Links