Someone shot me! No, wait...actually, I shot myself.

This is a discussion on Someone shot me! No, wait...actually, I shot myself. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; How did he do this? Police say Say Shooting Report was False Police say shooting report was false Submitted by Scott Monroe on Mon, 11/30/2009 ...

Thread: Someone shot me! No, wait...actually, I shot myself.

How did he do this?

Police say Say Shooting Report was False

Police say shooting report was false
    Submitted by Scott Monroe on Mon, 11/30/2009 - 16:56
    in

* Central Maine Newspapers

NEWPORT -- A local man and the two people who live with him face charges of filing false reports after the man claimed Sunday to have been injured by a bullet during a drive-by shooting.

In fact, he had accidentally shot himself in the leg, police said.

The man, Scott Bullard, 21, was treated and released from a local hospital for the non-life-threatening gunshot wound, according to Newport Lt. Randy Wing.

Newport police received a call at 9:10 p.m. Sunday from the residents of 34 Sand Road, according to Wing, who was the patrol supervisor when the report came in. Sand Road is a dead-end street off Route 2.

Michelle Thompson, 20, had called 911 and told a police dispatcher that a man at the residence “had been shot in the leg by unknown persons driving past his residence in a pickup,” Wing said. The victim was identified as Bullard. Also living at the residence was Albert Ingerson, 26, who is Thompson’s boyfriend, Wing said.

Newport police responded, with Sgt. Sanger Davis leading the investigation. He was assisted by Lt. Wing and officer Chris McCrillis, as well as Maine State Police Brenda Coolen.

Bullard told police that he had just finished smoking a cigarette outside of the residence when he bent over to tie his sneaker and was shot, Wing said. Both Ingerson and Thompson backed up Bullard’s account of what happened, he said.

Bullard, who had a bullet wound through his left leg, was taken by ambulance to Sebasticook Valley Hospital in Pittsfield, where he was treated and later released.

Wing said he interviewed Bullard at the hospital.

“He maintained his story, but I found some inconsistencies,” Wing said. “I pressed him and he confessed that it was self-inflicted. I don’t understand the reason for the fabricated story. I guess he was embarrassed.”

What actually happened, police allege, is that Bullard had tucked a 9-millimeter Jennings pistol — which was fully loaded — into the waistband of his pants while he was watching television. The handgun discharged and the bullet traveled through the outer fleshy area of Bullard’s leg, missing major arteries, Wing said.

“A matter of inches could have proved to be fatal,” Wing said.

Police seized the handgun from the residence and determined that the gun had fired because it had a defective safety for the trigger, Wing said.

As of Monday afternoon, police said they expected to charge Bullard, Thompson and Ingerson with Class D charges of false public alarm or report.

Wing said police were investigating whether the three suspects had prior criminal records. As a result of that research, Ingerson was arrested by police at the residence Monday at 3:30 a.m. on an active warrant, issued by Skowhegan District Court for unpaid fines and fees.

No holster, eh? Brilliant...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Good thing he was not using a smart carry.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Just inches and we wouldn't have to worry about him reproducing. If you must carry tucked into the front of your pants be sure to scratch alot. Never heard of a Jennings. Might have saw one on display and just didn't pay attention.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Only thing I know about Jennings is that one of my friends bought one when he first turned 21, having little money at the time. After about 50 rounds the firing pin shot straight out the back and hit him dead center in the forehead. He learned an important lesson about crap guns that day.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    "Stupid is as stupid does"
    Proud NRA member

all different levels of intelligence in that one, mostly at the lower end of the scale.

"9-millimeter Jennings" With such a high quality pistol no less.... Just goofy!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Major G View Post
    Only thing I know about Jennings is that one of my friends bought one when he first turned 21, having little money at the time. After about 50 rounds the firing pin shot straight out the back and hit him dead center in the forehead. He learned an important lesson about crap guns that day.
    sorry I know Its not funny but.......
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Jennings is a saturday night special brand. There was probably nothing wrong with the pistol the trigger probably just got bumped.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Administrator
    The Jennings was one of those cheap and dangerous guns constructed out of pot metal like the Hi-Point guns.
    The company has already long been sued out of business but, obviously some of their defective garbage product still has not completely broken apart yet....and survives in the hands (or down the pants) of the ignorant and the uninformed....who would not know a hunk of junk from a rabid skunk....even if it jumped up and bit them on the ass.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    And he's once... (Jennings)

twice... (Mexican carry)

three times (false reporting) an idiot.

He was a student at the Plaxico Burress school of CCW

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Jennings was the make of firearm that was recently involved in a shooting at a gun range where three people suffered gunshot wounds from what they reported was a Jennings pistol loaded and laying on the range counter when it began firing, spinning and firing until empty without being held. It was reported in the Tampa Tribune, I believe.

Links