He hee. It's tase a 10 year old season.

This is a discussion on He hee. It's tase a 10 year old season. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I thought this was a late running story until I read it. At least this will seem more justifiable to some of you who objected ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He hee. It's tase a 10 year old season.

I thought this was a late running story until I read it. At least this will seem more justifiable to some of you who objected to the other 10 y/o getting zapped.

Deputies Stun 10-Year-Old With Taser - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

PUEBLO, Colo. -- An "out of control" 10-year-old child was stunned with a Taser and arrested by sheriff's deputies in Pueblo West Monday.

Capt. Jeff Teschner said that the deputies involved in the arrest were justified in their use of force.

"They followed all policies and procedures. This was appropriate use of the Taser device," said Teschner.

He said Wednesday that the juvenile was not hurt when deputies took action on Monday afternoon , after arriving at his foster home where he was reportedly destroying property.

Authorities said the youth threatened a foster parent with a pipe and a stick, and threw a landscaping timber at him.

The boy refused to throw down a pipe he was holding when deputies cornered him outside.

The boy was booked into Pueblo Youth Center on suspicion of menacing with a deadly weapon. The foster parent said he intends to press charges against the boy.

Teschner said his department's policy on the use of Tasers is not age specific.

"It's important to use best judgment and consideration anytime you deploy these devices, whether it's an old person or a young person. We followed all our policies and procedures, and I think in this particular instance, (the Taser) was used in an appropriate effect," said Teschner.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member

And threw a lanscaping timber????

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    I thought this was a late running story until I read it. At least this will seem more justifiable to some of you who objected to the other 10 y/o getting zapped.

Deputies Stun 10-Year-Old With Taser - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver
    And threw a landscaping timber???? Most adults, even strong ones, can't throw landscaping timber; especially if they are the kind we use in our yard--old railroad ties.

Who is this kid, the Great Great Grandson of Paul Bunyon?

Sounds like exaggeration.

As with the other case, the story needs some clarification and the incident some investigation.

Great, now instead of the state making sure the kid got a proper home and appropriate adult supervision, they'll seal his fate as a criminal.

The age of responsibility needs to be raised at least 2-3 more years.

We should take a hint from the ancient Roman world and Jewish tradition.

Before 13, the sins are on the parents.

Oh, and why the "he hee " in the title? Is there anything at all amusing about this story?

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    I don't know what to think. I feel bad for the kid because he is so young but also know he is in need of being punished. I hope that this turns his thinking around and he becomes a responsible adult and doesn't turn him into a cop hater because of the incident. I think it could go either way. I would like more details but i'm pretty sure I could take a pipe from most 10 year olds with out getting hit and if there were more than one LEO's defeinetly. I hope he learns his lesson and finds a good home with loving parents and he straightens up. But a taser? Really? How big is this kid?

This is a far cry from the other story where the officer carried the girl around the house prior to using the taser on her when she later kicked him in the jewels.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    And threw a landscaping timber???? Most adults, even strong ones, can't throw landscaping timber; especially if they are the kind we use in our yard--old railroad ties.

A landscape timber is 4 inches by 5 inches by 8 feet long. A ten year old could throw one fairly easily.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post

Good chance the writer doesn't know a landscape timber for a furring strip. It would suffice to say it was a large board of some type though.

As with the other case, the story needs some clarification and the incident some investigation.

Great, now instead of the state making sure the kid got a proper home and appropriate adult supervision, they'll seal his fate as a criminal.

Hop, How do we know he wasn't in a good home with proper supervision?

The age of responsibility needs to be raised at least 2-3 more years.

We should take a hint from the ancient Roman world and Jewish tradition.

Before 13, the sins are on the parents.

Oh, and why the "he hee " in the title? Is there anything at all amusing about this story?
    I know a lot of foster children end up in bad homes but to assume it from this article? It makes no mention of his foster parents or the conditions he is living in.
    When society has to raise the kids then society decides the discipline and consequences of actions.
    Thinking about the many ways this could have ended the taser was the best action to be taken.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    I don't know what to think. I feel bad for the kid because he is so young but also know he is in need of being punished. I hope that this turns his thinking around and he becomes a responsible adult and doesn't turn him into a cop hater because of the incident. I think it could go either way. I would like more details but i'm pretty sure I could take a pipe from most 10 year olds with out getting hit and if there were more than one LEO's defeinetly.

I've seen some 10 year old kids that could split your melon with a pipe too.

I hope he learns his lesson and finds a good home with loving parents and he straightens up. But a taser? Really? How big is this kid?
    Too set back in the comfort of home and say you can can do that is easy. Bet your tune would change when confronted though.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

If it makes anyone feel better we used to just physically restrain the kids when they did this stuff. Been kicked, punched, spit on, and had a kid try to break my collar bone. I worked with at-risk teen boys in a wilderness program for years. Cops just don't have time to deal with this though. A typical restraint from beginning to end took 1-2 hrs, sometimes more. After the altercation there was paper work and the typical group meeting. The last restraint I did was to keep a kid off a cop. The cop came in, cuffed him, and hauled him off. I got no say in it.

Foster kids are tough to deal with. I admire most of the folks that try. I have met folks that housed 100 or more foster kids. For an untrained person, it's best to let the cops handle the physical stuff. That was usually our recommendation to parents.

Hop, I hope you are not saying to wait till 13 to hold these kids accountable. I think age needs to come into account. But for lots of these kids, we were some of the first people to really hold them accountable. I always believe, and raise my kids this way, if we don't hold them accountable as parents then society will. And society uses the justice system to do it. If he is in foster care do you think he has a good idea what personal responsibility is? Hopefully he gets good therapeutic residential treatment if this is a regular thing for him.

When a 10 year old picks up a landscaping timber to throw...I'd say a taser in 'in the ballpark'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member

When they can throw a landscape timber

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    When a 10 year old picks up a landscaping timber to throw...I'd say a taser in 'in the ballpark'.
    Yup, when you show me the 10 year old who can throw a landscape timber I'll agree with you--- use the taser.

Let's see. 10 years old = maybe fifth grade. I suppose now and again there might be one who has already reached puberty, developed huge muscles and can pick up and throw something more than his own weight. Such will be the rarity for obvious reasons of physiology.

In the meantime, without verification, I think someone embellished the story.

Anyway, if you really do have a 10 year old who can throw a landscape timber, he needs a medical exam and a determination that:

1) He really is only 10, and not 15 pretending to be just 10, or perhaps does not know that he is 15*

2) If his bad behavior is due to whatever has caused him to develop that level of strength at such an early age.

*In and out of foster care, anything is possible as far as the records and stuff getting messed up. Combine with a low IQ or psych problems and I suppose it is possible for such a mix up.

I think what I find irritating about these incidents is the willingness of so many to forget what children are--- precious!!!!!

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    A person (age is irrelevant) waved a pipe at law enforcement and did not obey commands to disarm.

Doesn't matter if he is 9 or 90. In my mind, he's lucky he didn't get a SCW... Next...!
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Who should get tased, rather than being physically subdued by a 6' 180# LEO.

1. A 10 year old with raging hormones throwing lumber and swinging a 3' section of 3/4" iron pipe

2. A 32 year old dwarf hopped up on goofballs throwing lumber and swinging a 3' section of 3/4" iron pipe
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member

The dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Who should get tased, rather than being physically subdued by a 6' 180# LEO.

1. A 10 year old with raging hormones throwing lumber and swinging a 3' section of 3/4" iron pipe

2. A 32 year old dwarf hopped up on goofballs throwing lumber and swinging a 3' section of 3/4" iron pipe
    The dwarf, because a) he is an adult; b) he has probably long learned exactly how to use that pipe as an effective weapon.

Sticks, do you have kids of your own?

Senior Moderator

I would feel MUCH better if I was killed by an irate dwarf rather than a out of control 10 year old swinging the pipe.

Just like it would be better for me to be killled by a dwarf with a gun, because he had more training than the 10 year old, out of control kid that just killed me.

Yeah...that makes alot of sense.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Tazing 10-year-olds is a new low for police SOP.
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links