Cautionary Story

This is a discussion on Cautionary Story within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I might know, just thinking aloud here... It takes a certain mindset to shoot a person, or even aim a firearm at a person. This ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cautionary Story

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar
    I might know, just thinking aloud here...

It takes a certain mindset to shoot a person, or even aim a firearm at a person. This is part of why IDPA targets are humanoid: It helps program the mind. The proof is on the slashmarks of a stabbing victim's arms. That's one of the only defenses we naturally have: to cross our arms in front of our faces.

Now let's say you were trained in the totally opposite manner, to be compliant. That training would take over for them as would a shot fired for one of us.

Human tendencies can be surprisingly easy to supress with the correct training.

Josh <><

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Baaaa! BAAAAA!

"If we don't fight back maybe they'll let us go. BAAA!"
    "If we give them what they want maybe they'll let us go. Baaa!"
    "I don't know the first thing about the practical application of violence. BAAA!"
    "While they're having their way with my wife, maybe I'll be able to get away! BAAAA!"

That's what.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickpocket
    I've often wondered *** goes through the guy's head in a situation like that.... ??
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

A good man is hard to find

Pickpocket wrote:
    I've often wondered *** goes through the guy's head in a situation like that.... ??

And Tanksoldier replied:
    Baaaa! BAAAAA!
    "If we don't fight back maybe they'll let us go. BAAA!"
    "If we give them what they want maybe they'll let us go. Baaa!"
    It's a sad failure for a man not to defend his family. Look at the Harveys in Virginia, massacred on New Year's day - both the father and the mother failed in their duty to protect their two little children. Once the BG's get in, it's too late to think about what you should have done. It's too late to rethink your pacifist, people-are-basically-good fantasy philosophies when a 220-pound beast is slashing the throat of your tiny 4-year-old daughter with a butcher knife.

Our society has feminized and softened our men, and at the same time has given our women a false sense of "empowerment" by telling them they are strong and can take care of themselves -- all the while denying both the means and the mindset to do so effectively.

LibertyGal
    Requiring a license makes it illegal to do something that was lawful before the license was required.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyGal
    It's a sad failure for a man not to defend his family. Look at the Harveys in Virginia, massacred on New Year's day - both the father and the mother failed in their duty to protect their two little children. Once the BG's get in, it's too late to think about what you should have done. It's too late to rethink your pacifist, people-are-basically-good fantasy philosophies when a 220-pound beast is slashing the throat of your tiny 4-year-old daughter with a butcher knife.

Our society has feminized and softened our men, and at the same time has given our women a false sense of "empowerment" by telling them they are strong and can take care of themselves -- all the while denying both the means and the mindset to do so effectively.

LibertyGal

Wow...that's right on target! Great post!

Just wish it would all fit on a bumper sticker....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links