Cautionary Story

Cautionary Story

This is a discussion on Cautionary Story within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Easter Sunday, Rochester NY A suburban couple and their 2 year old child pull into their driveway after an Easter Sunday outing. They are confronted ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cautionary Story

Cautionary Story

Easter Sunday, Rochester NY

A suburban couple and their 2 year old child pull into their driveway after an Easter Sunday outing. They are confronted by two young men who happen to be brothers(by blood). The man was beaten, the wife molested and the three of then are forced into the trunk of their own car. They are driven into the inner city where they are transferred to the trunk of another car.

The two scumbags then proceed to drive them around where on more than one occasion the trunk is opened so they can show their prizes off to some of their buddies. They say "look what we got, I think we're gonna kill them".

Fortunately at one of these stops someone thinks that they are way out of line, and follows them while the police are called. The scumbags are caught before the do any more harm. We are waiting to see how little time they will get for this crime.

I know this isn't exactly on subject, but it's a true story, and very scary. I am so happy that the state of NY has seen fit to allow me to carry.

Watch your ass's out there

RK51

Assistant Administrator
    I am relieved they were safely released from that ordeal.

Sad to say - pretty much anywhere this could happen - because there are slimeballs and scumbags about everywhere. I am semi rural and relatively safe in a low crime region but - it is foolish to make any assumptions from just that.

I can imagine how different things may have been if, the husband at least was very aware and armed - could have been two additions to the pool cleansing!

I too am glad you can carry - and the more folks who do the better.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Seems like we are hearing about these sorts of things, violent home invasions, etc more and more.

A couple of months ago a woman nearby pulled into her driveway and was confronted by several armed thugs who pulled in behind her. She decided to attempt to drive away. These low lifes shot at her three times hitting her in the arm and also breaking her collar bone. She drove herself to the hospital and called her husband to meet her there.

We all know what would likely have happened if they had gotten to her outside of the car.

Several months ago another couple was confronted in their driveway, they were both killed. Be armed and be aware!

Administrator
    As an increasing number of these spineless thugs lose all traces of their humanity and the last vestiges of normal compassion then the number of crimes will rapidly escalate against weaker persons & all of those other assorted innocent humans with no viable means of self~defense.
    Sad but, true.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking51

I know this isn't exactly on subject, but it's a true story, and very scary. I am so happy that the state of NY has seen fit to allow me to carry.

RK51
    Well, this is on topic if you ask me! It shows that bad things can happen anytime, anywhere! and that this was preventable IMO as these people should have been prepared and aware. It took a sheep dog in training to save them.

Glad someone had a brain and did the right thing to follow them and call the cop's.

If this was tried on me with my wife and child, there would be two dead scumbag brothers on Easter Sunday!

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I live in a semi-rural area also. i consider it 'safe' by location.
    but similarly just last nite i heard on the news of 2 guys pulling a home invasion at 8am on a 71 yr old woman. roughed her up a bit wanting money. when they couldnt get any out of her and the house alarm was going off they thought it was time to scram but on there way out they nabbed the family poodle! fortunately the dog was released and found its way home.
    as was echoed many times...you can't let yer guard down...not for a minute!
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Lead Moderator
    Glad someone had the sense to call it in, hope the Perps never see the light of day again.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

This reminds me of the Wichita Massacre:
    http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...le.asp?ID=1908
    simplyrugged.com

Get Trained Go Armed.

“Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.”
    Winston Churchill

Senior Moderator
    As an increasing number of these spineless thugs lose all traces of their humanity and the last vestiges of normal compassion then the number of crimes will rapidly escalate against weaker persons & all of those other assorted innocent humans with no viable means of self~defense.
    Sad but, true.
    Its because they have NO respect.

Just another example of why everyone ought to carry a .45. You simply kill the punks on the spot and be done with it. At least they wont prey on anyone else...

I've often wondered *** goes through the guy's head in a situation like that.... like...WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH isn't he fighting like his wife and kids lives depended on it??????

Am I way off base here or what???

Senior Moderator
    Am I way off base here or what???
    Not at all.

It took place in New York. The poor guy's probably been taught to "comply" his whole life. As hard to beleive as it is, some people never even consider fighting.

A miserable state of mind to be in for sure...

It's pretty sad to know that there are so many people out there that will not even try to defend themselves.

They think that if you just give someone what they want they will go away and not do anything at all. That's not the case anymore!!!

People getting beaten to death over a pizza and 6 bucks in change.

Too many wolves after the Sheep. Maybe one day others will get the idea before it's too late...

I know I have been telling others that I work with for years what will happen in this town. They used to laugh at me and tell me that it will never happen.

So far three of my coworkers have gotten there CCW's with hopefully more on the way.

Now they tell me that they should have listened to me a couple of years ago. lol...

1951 - 2011
    Hello. It is simply a case of "some people just need to be shot." Before retiring from 25 years of police service, I thought I'd seen about the full depth of human depravity or callousness when something new...and worse would show up.

I am very pleased that the family escaped with their lives. Were it up to me, since the death penalty couldn't be imposed (which I think those guys truly deserve), they'd never see a free day again and die in the pen, probably at a Super-Max type prison.

This is just another example of why we need to carry and be proficient in what we tote.

But most of all, actually be willing to use the weapon while there is time to maybe escape or actually protect the wife and children.

Best.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen A. Camp
    But most of all, actually be willing to use the weapon while there is time to maybe escape or actually protect the wife and children.

Best.
    And that's just the thing... I mean, I'd be willing to erase whole zip codes or sacrifice my own life to protect my wife and kids....either way. How can a Husband and Father NOT be willing to do that?

I just don't understand.

1951 - 2011
    Hello, sir. I flat do not know.

Best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links