17 Year old kills 10 year old brother on purpose - Page 2

17 Year old kills 10 year old brother on purpose

This is a discussion on 17 Year old kills 10 year old brother on purpose within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by HITCH KING he had dreamed of killing someone since he was in eighth grade Is it pssible that kids are born that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    he had dreamed of killing someone since he was in eighth grade Is it pssible that kids are born that bad?
    Sure. Defective genes, chemical imbalances and other flaws show up in people all the time, and it can affect their ability to perceive, feel pain, logically follow through on thoughts, be inhibited, take to learning, and all the rest. We've all known people who are a bit "off" from normal. Some of it is learned, some of it is explained by these other factors. Some will just decide to be criminals by whatever internal forces they conjure up in themselves, due to bad burrito, "suffering" through the youth of a snarky younger brother, or whatever.

None of which changes the apparent fact that he knew what he was doing, desired to do it, planned it, executed his brother and then admitted his role. If he's unwilling to take responsibility for it, he deserves his hour (or, hundreds of hours and tens of $thousands in money spent) in the "sun." May justice be served. He deserves whatever he has earned.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Does Ohio have the death penalty? If so I say give it this "kid" if hes grown up enough to take a life,least of all his own little brothers then I say hes man enough to receive an adult sentence. I've believed for a long time (I'm only 31) that people are inherently broken and there is a such thing as a bad seed or bad egg so to speak. I believe that some people are just born bad period its a case of nature not nurture. This is a real shame for the parents can't imagine what they are going through.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Some people are born with a rotten heart.

It never gets any better, it just continues rotting until the day that someone is killed.

Sometimes, you can see it in their eyes.
    I agree. I often recall such people from my past and I'm confident that one or two are either in prison or dead.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Its a sad time.......
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Here is what I think.

I enjoy playing video games (COD). Every day I get on to play and I hear young kids (9-12 yrs) online playing a game that is meant for adults. It’s easy to see why some kids feel the need to kill another person. In the game I run around shooting, stabbing and blowing up other players, however I am old enough to distinguish the difference between a game and real life.

When parents buy their children games that are not made for kids or let their kids watch movies that are not made for kids then that child’s mind (which hasn’t fully developed) has a little seed plated in it. I am not saying that every child that plays violent games or watches violent movies is going to kill someone but why risk it.

There must have been some sign that this kid wasn't right in the head. Too bad some one couldn't see this coming ahead of time to avoid a tragedy like this. I'm surprised the parents didn't didn't realize that something was wrong.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar

It never gets any better, it just continues rotting until the day that someone is killed.

We are ALL born with a rotten and sinful heart...it takes a Saviour, Jesus Christ, to change this.
    Proud NRA member

No, you aren't born with it, you are raised into it. People who show no remorse in the taking of another life almost always have a past, typically during childhood, that explains why they have no conscience.
    Billy
    Fusion Tact-5 in a Pure Kustom Black-Ops Pro
    Glock 23 in a Barber Leatherworks IWB

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    We are ALL born with a rotten and sinful heart...it takes a Saviour, Jesus Christ, to change this.
    Wow - talk about a screwed up view of people. I still can't get over the fact that you pay for this info.
    Billy
    Fusion Tact-5 in a Pure Kustom Black-Ops Pro
    Glock 23 in a Barber Leatherworks IWB

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Let's see, 17 + 65 = 82, nope...not long enough.
    And depending on his actions in prison it might be:

17+65-22 (1/3 time off for good behavior)=60

or if he gets day for a day

17+65-32.5 years for good behavior= Out in 49.5

Rarely does a prisoner do a full sentence. Except those LWOPs - Life Without Parole.
    Woman With A Gun

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession. - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Ng View Post
    No, you aren't born with it, you are raised into it. People who show no remorse in the taking of another life almost always have a past, typically during childhood, that explains why they have no conscience.
    We are all responsible for our behavior, No, you aren't born with it, and you are not raised into it. I'd say to many video games made this kid kill. And as far as conscience, put me in a room for 15 min with this punk and I'd have no conscence either. Course we would just talk.
    Randy
    Law Enforcement Armorer
    NRA
    GOA
    Range Officer
    Advice is seldom welcome; and those who want it the most always like it the least.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Ng View Post
    Wow - talk about a screwed up view of people. I still can't get over the fact that you pay for this info.
    Billy, What do you mean, you pay for this info???
    Proud NRA member

It's my opinion, that todays youth and youngsters are becoming more and more desensitized to their mortality and wear the "no fear of death" mentality like a medal for what ever reason. I do believe it has something to do with what they are seeing and playing on Video games and in the movies. There's way to much glamorizing death and mayhem in todays movies and games, and at todays level of high tech special effects the scale has been bumped up a notch or so, since I was a kid. I just think it's a recipe for disaster for some of the impressional youths out there who's parents are to busy to be there for their kids when it really counts. FWIW

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Can you sort of summarize the strong message--maybe doing that will help someone. I know it won't be a substitute for reading the book, but give us some idea of what they are getting at. Thanks.
    That's a tall order which I can't fill in a smal space. To help, I read thru all the reader reviews on the Amazon site, and copied a few of the salient ones which touch on the problem, and have sent them in a pm.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links