17 Year old kills 10 year old brother on purpose

This is a discussion on 17 Year old kills 10 year old brother on purpose within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; RISING SUN, Ind. — An Indiana teenager accused of strangling his 10-year-old brother and dumping his body in a park has pleaded not guilty to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 17 Year old kills 10 year old brother on purpose

17 Year old kills 10 year old brother on purpose

RISING SUN, Ind. — An Indiana teenager accused of strangling his 10-year-old brother and dumping his body in a park has pleaded not guilty to murder.

Seventeen-year-old Andrew Conley showed no emotion during Friday's court appearance in Ohio Circuit Court in Rising Sun, the teen's hometown along the Ohio River about 90 miles southeast of Indianapolis.

His parents were at a viewing for his brother Conner Conley's body and did not attend the hearing.

Prosecutors say Conley confessed to police that he intentionally strangled his brother while they were wrestling at the family home on Sunday. They say Andrew Conley told investigators he had dreamed of killing someone since he was in eighth grade.

If convicted of murder, Conley could be sentenced to up to 65 years in prison.

he had dreamed of killing someone since he was in eighth grade Is it pssible that kids are born that bad?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    RISING SUN, Ind. An Indiana teenager accused of strangling his 10-year-old brother and dumping his body in a park has pleaded not guilty to murder.

Seventeen-year-old Andrew Conley showed no emotion during Friday's court appearance in Ohio Circuit Court in Rising Sun, the teen's hometown along the Ohio River about 90 miles southeast of Indianapolis.

His parents were at a viewing for his brother Conner Conley's body and did not attend the hearing.

Prosecutors say Conley confessed to police that he intentionally strangled his brother while they were wrestling at the family home on Sunday. They say Andrew Conley told investigators he had dreamed of killing someone since he was in eighth grade.

he had dreamed of killing someone since he was in eighth grade Is it pssible that kids are born that bad?
    Many serial murders have had childhood trouble leading them to their adult crimes such as practicing with animals. So yes I believe that people can be predisposition to commit murder from an early age and even from birth. Their is much to know about the human brain and it's development that we may never know with certainty.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Senior Moderator
    Some people are born with a rotten heart.

It never gets any better, it just continues rotting until the day that someone is killed.

Sometimes, you can see it in their eyes.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Lobotomy.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    RISING SUN, Ind. An Indiana teenager accused of strangling his 10-year-old brother and dumping his body in a park has pleaded not guilty to murder.

Let's see, 17 + 65 = 82, nope...not long enough.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    This is going on local to me. I know one of the Indiana detectives that is handling this case; the details are pretty disturbing, and the brother is very matter of fact about it. He talks about it as if he was talking about taking a walk down the street or tying his shoes... no big deal.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Very very disturbing. Very sick. Like the dad shooting his son last week.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

My view on people has drastically changed over the last year. I know believe people are inherently broken or at least capable of darn near anything. Luckily there are lots of us out there that were just brought up well enough to now know better. The only hope for the world is to raise our kids the same. I can't even imagine what this will do to his parents.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Wow. Just....wow.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    From reading the "Dreamed about it and showing NO remorse" I'd say PUT HIM AWAY FOR THE 65 YEARS!

That is SO TRAGIC for someone to be that way - especially at such a young age.

God help us all...
    For God, Family and Country!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Very very disturbing. Very sick. Like the dad shooting his son last week.
    YEP^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    This is going on local to me. I know one of the Indiana detectives that is handling this case; the details are pretty disturbing, and the brother is very matter of fact about it. He talks about it as if he was talking about taking a walk down the street or tying his shoes... no big deal.
    What could a parent even think! Must be in SHOCK

[QUOTE=Arko;1396644]Wow. Just....wow.[/QUOTE

What he said^^^6

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Let's see, 17 + 65 = 82, nope...not long enough.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

If this character gets out of prison before age 60, he'll almost certainly kill again. He's 'serial-killer' material.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Seems the general concensus here is that the 17 y.o. is completely at fault.... what about the history here? How did the parents not pick up on signs that this juvenile was having issues? There had to be previous signs of problems if this guy is talking so matter-of-fact about this. Showing no remorse means that he has no care for his parents either.

Something more was wrong here.

Now don't get me wrong, the 17 y.o. deserves the penalty he is dealt by all means for killing his brother, but there are underlying issues here. He didn't just snap at that moment, and he admitted that he had been thinking about killing someone since the 8th grade. PARENTS.... TALK TO YOUR KIDS! KNOW YOUR KIDS!
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Quote Originally Posted by XD in SC View Post
    Seems the general concensus here is that the 17 y.o. is completely at fault.... what about the history here? How did the parents not pick up on signs that this juvenile was having issues? There had to be previous signs of problems if this guy is talking so matter-of-fact about this. Showing no remorse means that he has no care for his parents either.

Something more was wrong here.

Now don't get me wrong, the 17 y.o. deserves the penalty he is dealt by all means for killing his brother, but there are underlying issues here. He didn't just snap at that moment, and he admitted that he had been thinking about killing someone since the 8th grade. PARENTS.... TALK TO YOUR KIDS! KNOW YOUR KIDS!

If it were just that easy...

I commend to all parents of teens the book "Judgement Ridge", the story of two teens who brutally murdered the two Dartmouth professors early in 2001. The two killers were always just at the edge of popularity but never quite part of things in their school, and never quite strange enough to be identified as potential killers. The whole story is quite chilling, and although it's written in reportage style, there's a strong message there for parents and school staff.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member

Can you summarize the message please

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    If it were just that easy...

I commend to all parents of teens the book "Judgement Ridge", the story of two teens who brutally murdered the two Dartmouth professors early in 2001. The two killers were always just at the edge of popularity but never quite part of things in their school, and never quite strange enough to be identified as potential killers. The whole story is quite chilling, and although it's written in reportage style, there's a strong message there for parents and school staff.
    Can you sort of summarize the strong message--maybe doing that will help someone. I know it won't be a substitute for reading the book, but give us some idea of what they are getting at. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links