Wrong dry cleaners to rob

This is a discussion on Wrong dry cleaners to rob within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happened about a mile from my house. One dead, second robber possibly shot. One suspect fatally shot in robbery at dry cleaners in northwest ...

Thread: Wrong dry cleaners to rob

This happened about a mile from my house. One dead, second robber possibly shot.

One suspect fatally shot in robbery at dry cleaners in northwest Harris County - 12/07/09 - Houston News - abc13.com

Yea, that's only a couple of miles from me. Maybe the one that lived will think twice next time.

Plus 1 for the good guys
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

I guess he lost his dry cleaning ticket

He'll be saggin some where else now.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I really don't get it. By now, the bad guys should be catching on that more and more citizens have armed themselves for defense. I can't help but wonder what the BG was thinking as he laid dying behind the store. People willing to risk it all for a few dollars just seems so pointless.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Did I get this right, the manager shot before the BG's even got their guns out?

+1 for the good guys! Shooterx, its conflicting, the VERBAL/VIDEO report says they pulled guns the WRITTEN says they did not produce but were "fumbling" in their waistbands, but to be honest it does NOT matter. They walked in with SKI MASKS on that the manager SAW them pull over their face BEFORE walking in and they reached into their waistbands. That just SCREAMS armed robbery.
    ~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinNEPA View Post
    +1 for the good guys! Shooterx, its conflicting, the VERBAL/VIDEO report says they pulled guns the WRITTEN says they did not produce but were "fumbling" in their waistbands, but to be honest it does NOT matter. They walked in with SKI MASKS on that the manager SAW them pull over their face BEFORE walking in and they reached into their waistbands. That just SCREAMS armed robbery.
    ~Steve
    The only thing missing is a hugh sign that says" We are going to rob you"

No need for ski masks in Texas.

Thank goodness for Texas' stand your ground and fight laws.

While it may seem harsh to shoot instead of just handing over the money, the store mag may have stopped even worse crime in the future.

Robbers need to think twice before taking on any business or individual. Maybe they should move to another state like Ill. and try their chosen trade. The unemployment rate in Texas for BG tends to be permanent.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    ...While it may seem harsh to shoot instead of just handing over the money, the store mag may have stopped even worse crime in the future....
    Disagreed.

The store manager did not defend his business/employer nor the businesses property (money/receivables).
    What he did was defend his own life and ability to continue living.
    That is the priority in general, and the focus here.

I'm sure if you asked the store manager what his life is worth to him and/or his family, that his response would be some figure greater than all the monies in his _employers_ register and what ever else might have been kept in a safe there as well.

Let it be understood that a case such as this is not about defending property.
    Money, bits of paper and metal, is property.

This was a man, a human being, seeing The Devil come before him with a very personal challenge.
    Do these guys OR risk potential of real injury or death as/if you can comply to their whims.

This man defended his life.
    Not his employers property.

Commonly anti 2A persons use the defense of money/property view as reasoning to limit and even eliminate the basic right of every being to defend it's life. By stating that a human life is worth more than property.
    Generally this is true.
    But when a human being chooses to wager his life criminally as against another for the reward of committed crime it is then that as they say in gambling and schoolyards; 'All bets are off'.

These guys went all in and came up snake eyes.

- Janq would not kill a man over property, but would as in defense of life
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Ah yes... another story with a happy ending!

Now the Dry Cleaner can add Pool Cleaner to his resume!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    The store manager did not defend his business/employer nor the businesses property (money/receivables).
    What he did was defend his own life and ability to continue living.
    That is the priority in general, and the focus here.

This man defended his life.
    Not his employers property. jang

+1^^^^^^^^^^^

I really don't get it. By now, the bad guys should be catching on that more and more citizens have armed themselves for defense. I can't help but wonder what the BG was thinking as he laid dying behind the store. People willing to risk it all for a few dollars just seems so pointless.
    saber

saber,
    I was thinking the same thing.

You'd think these knuckledraggers sooner or later would catch on, but it seems its human nature, "other BG's get shot at and die, it can't happen to me", train of thought.

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
    Daniel Webster
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Another point for our team.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

An owner/clerk must assume the worst when faced with BG's, too many scumbags kill even after getting what they want. This guy did what he HAD to do...no quesitons asked.
    Nice shooting, by the way...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links