UGLY: Officer in Penn Hills PA shot and killed

This is a discussion on UGLY: Officer in Penn Hills PA shot and killed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Another officer killed in PA this year, this is number 7 I believe, I could be wrong. Officer Michael Crawshaw was shot and killed after ...

Thread: UGLY: Officer in Penn Hills PA shot and killed

Another officer killed in PA this year, this is number 7 I believe, I could be wrong.

Officer Michael Crawshaw was shot and killed after responding to a call on Dec 7 2009, here is a link.

Police: Double-Shooting Suspect Confessed To Killing Officer - Pittsburgh News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh

God bless his family and his friends.
    "Put on the whole armor of God..."

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    According to the article, the killer was on parole for a gun charge. He was wearing a monitoring device.

Quote Originally Posted by tiwee View Post
    According to the article, the killer was on parole for a gun charge. He was wearing a monitoring device.
    Sad story, I feel badly for the families and co-workers of this fallen officer.

But...
    Parole, monitoring device, and gun laws really work, eh? What part of keep 'em locked up don't they understand. Now they'll want to outlaw rifles...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Here's the story...

Police: Double-Shooting Suspect Confessed To Killing Officer
    Ronald Robinson Accused Of Shooting Penn Hills Police Officer Michael Crawshaw

POSTED: 9:22 pm EST December 6, 2009
    UPDATED: 1:35 pm EST December 8, 2009

PENN HILLS, Pa. -- The man accused of killing a man over a $500 drug debt and then shooting and killing a Penn Hills police officer confessed to the crime, Allegheny County investigators said.

Officer Michael Crawshaw, 32, was shot with a high-powered rifle as he waited for backup to arrive at 201 Johnston Road at about 8:30 p.m. Sunday, county police Superintendent Charles Moffatt said.

According to the criminal complaint, Crawshaw saw the suspect, Ronald Robinson, leaving the scene of the first killing and talked to Robinson from his police car.

"The police officer in the vehicle told Robinson to stop," the complaint says. "Robinson stated that he responded by shooting at the police car, and the police officer inside, with the assault rifle. Robinson told investigators that he had shot and killed both Danyal Morton and Officer Crawshaw."

Two police officers responded to the scene after Crawshaw on the night of the shooting. Channel 4 Action News' Shannon Perrine reported that the officers talked to a man in the house who lived with Morton.

According to the criminal complaint, the witness, Lamar Jay, told police that Robinson came to the door and knocked. He asked where Morton was, then went inside and shot him.

Police officers discovered Morton's body upstairs. It wasn't until afterward that they went outside and realized their fellow officer had been shot in his patrol car.

"He didn't have a chance. He was ambushed," said witness Nancy Salera. "It was rapid gunfire. Semi-automatic machine gun. And I heard a lot of screaming, a lot of yelling."

At a news conference on Monday morning, county police said the incident appears to have started with a dispute between Robinson, 32, of Homewood, and Morton, 40, of Penn Hills, who owed some money that Robinson had come to collect.

"The shooter does shoot Mr. Morton inside the home, and we believe he exits, and when he's exiting, he sees the officer there, so he just takes it upon himself to open up fire on the officer as he sat defenseless in his car," Moffatt said.
    Another ignorant comment from a sheep.
    Lack of detail as to the weapon from the reporter.
    A pattern...who'd a thunk it?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

What in gods green earth is going on? Did someone declare open season on police? Itís time to tell these tree hugging liberals to kiss my a$$ and start taking these mutts out back and putting one behind the ear.
    Tom
    Osculare pultem meam! - Kiss my grits!

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Our politicians refuse to raise taxes to build prisons so they resort to a parole system that uses how the prisoner acts while he's incarcerated and do psychology profile to see if he's cured from committing a crime.We end up with a parole system thats flawed with released prisoners who have no fear of going
    back to the big house.

Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    We end up with a parole system thats flawed with released prisoners who have no fear of going
    back to the big house.
    Exactly, I think this these less than stellar citizens should never be released but instead be put to death then maybe there just might be a fear of going to the big house in the first place. The oblivious benefits, less prisons, no overcrowding, and lower operational cost. What could be better?
    Last edited by Tmag; December 9th, 2009 at 04:21 PM.
    Tom
    Osculare pultem meam! - Kiss my grits!

Administrator
    This guy was a total drug addicted low life piece of vermin.
    The officer parked away from the scene and was murdered while on the radio waiting for back-up to arrive.

"Penn Hills Police Chief Howard Burton said Crawshaw had responded to a 911 call and followed protocol by parking a few doors away from the house and calling for backup, but while he was on the radio, the shooter walked up and fired into the left side of Crawshaw's car. Medical Examiner Dr. Karl Williams said Crawshaw was shot three or four times, with a fatal wound to the head."

Criminals know they will be back on the street in no time. Quit passing laws. Laws don't stop crime. Criminals could not care less about laws. Start punishing criminals.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Tmag View Post
    What in gods green earth is going on? Did someone declare open season on police? Itís time to tell these tree hugging liberals to kiss my a$$ and start taking these mutts out back and putting one behind the ear.
    These last few years have got to be unprecedented for Police being murdered...... I remember back a few years when a Utica, NY officer was shot in the head at a traffic stop and it seems like its been constantly going on since......

This is another sad story that has been told WAY TOO MANY times here in this forum in the recent past.

This is the second time officers have been killed in this area this year, the first was in the first quarter when a mother called because she and her son were fighting, 1 officer responded like he did many times before and got shot, officer #2 went in and was killed, #3 was wounded, and #4 who i believe was off duty and lived blocks away was shot and killed as well. If you care to read the story the officers were Pittsburgh Police, but i can not remember exactly what the names were or how to spell them, again an assault rifle was used, Its a shame, reasons like this are why WE as good guys can't enjoy our weapons.

I agree with the mut comment too, I transport prisoners and you know it's funny...they are always innocent, they " didn't do nothin man" any other leos here? Is it the same where you are?

I am gonna start another thread about that look for it called " I didn't do nothin man!"

Officer Crawshaw was laid to rest yesterday, god bless his family, fellow officers, and the man who took his life, for he knows not what awaits him.

- INSERT 21 GUN SALUTE-
    Last edited by AllAbtSlfDef; December 12th, 2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: did not want -21 gun- to look like my signature

Sponsored Links