Shooting at Northern Virginia Community College

This is a discussion on Shooting at Northern Virginia Community College within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Apologize if this is repost, happened a few days ago. Looks like nobody was hurt. Student comes in with a newly purchased Marlin 30-06, aim ...

Thread: Shooting at Northern Virginia Community College

Shooting at Northern Virginia Community College

Apologize if this is repost, happened a few days ago.

Looks like nobody was hurt. Student comes in with a newly purchased Marlin 30-06, aim at professor and shoots appx. 2 rounds. The third one jams, the student puts the gun down, and goes outside to sit in a chair to calmly surrender to police.

Bad grades?

Classes Canceled After NOVA Shooting | NewsChannel 8

WOODBRIDGE, Va. - All classes are canceled Wednesday at Northern Virginia Community College as police investigate Tuesday's terrifying shooting at the college's Woodbridge campus.

Twenty-year-old Jason Michael Hamilton of Manassas is charged with attempted murder and discharging a firearm in a school zone. He being held without bond and is scheduled to appear in court in January.

Allyssa Brown says she was sitting in math class inside the Northern Virginia Community College when a man walked into a classroom and aimed a gun at a teacher.

"I will always remember him standing right next to me looking down and holding the gun," Alyssa Brown told us.

Now safe at her home in Stafford, 18-year-old Alyssa Brown recalled the terrifying moments during math class when police say 20-year-old Jason Hamilton, another student, walked in with a high-powered rifle and fired a shot.

"Our backs are to the door so we can't see. We're kind of trapped in there," remembered Brown.

She said Hamilton calmly walked down the row of the desks.

"He didn't speak," she said. "He was quiet the entire time. He was focused on the teacher."

Students say the teacher ducked down behind her desk after the first shot and told the rest of the students to get out of the room and call 9-1-1.

Meantime, campus police officer Anthony Mellis heard the shots. He raced through the building and said he found Hamilton sitting in the hallway.

"He was calm and just nonchalant, I guess he really wasnt aggressive," said Mellis.

Hamilton is being held without bond. He is charged with attempted murder and discharging a firearm in a school zone.

Police went through training this past month for an active shooter scenario and say everything worked as it was supposed to.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    It boggles my mind that someone would go in with clear intent to murder someone, shoot at them twice with a rifle, miss, then go and sit in the hallway.

Just saw a few posts on this already, but this appears to be a more complete article with latest info. Mods delete if necessary.

Ridiculous. In my day you just dropped a class if you didn't like a prof or the grade you were getting.

I go to NVCC, it ain't that hard. Show up sober and you're guaranteed a C. I'm thinking that he must have been flunking a Reading Compehension class, because obviously he couldn't RTFM.

On an unrelated issue, I'll be thinking twice about future Marlin purchases, hear they have reliability issues...

Links